NEWS Seibold tells Boyd he will play centre next season

No, how many times to you need to keep parroting the same shit? It's tiresome and unoriginal. We got it the first 50 times you've posted it.

Ok, I have been goin on about it, but you can't argue with the majority of it Huge. Whilst he remains in the team, and until he shows that he is not a pea-heart, he deserves everything he gets. You only had to watch the Parra game to see how ineffectual he was and the lack of effort he showed throughout the game as captain.

Last edited:
You have very quietly changed your position on Boyd. Can I ask at what point it sunk in that he was playing poorly?
About 5 months ago. I never said he was playing well rather I wasn't prepared to blame him for global climate change and everything other thing the hysterical on here found wrong. I defended him fairly and tried to keep emotion out of my observations.

Boyd wasn't great this year but nowhere near as bad as so many claimed. I wouldn't have had him at 5/8 but his efforts at fullback weren't the reason we lost games. He was singled out yet many of his team mates, Millionford, Nikorima, Lodge, Haas, Offa, TPJ, Glenn and others leaked like a sieve through the middle at times.

Not all in the same games but more than enough to be a fullbacks nightmare. Things haven't been better with Millionford at the back, he was disgraceful to be honest with appalling defence yet excuses were made for him.

I'm ok with Boyd is in the centres providing the "KPI's" there are applied without fear or favour, and are applied before the end of the season.

Centre for one thing will not place undue pressure on him as did the FB and ⅝ roles for which he was clearly incapable of handling. Nevertheless, all things considered, I reckon he deserves a shot at centre. We could do a lot worse. Shibasaki or Isaako come to mind. Ewww

There are positives in his retention: his experience for one, and it would seem he has the support of the team ...it would seem which in absolute terms, based on his performance, I find baffling. Still, and again, everyone is supposed to be on notice next year. Let's see

Ok, I have been goin on about it, but you can't argue with the majority of it Huge. Whilst he remains in the team, and until he shows that he is not a pea-heart, he deserves everything he gets. You only had to watch the Parra game to see how ineffectual he was and the lack of effort he showed throughout the game as captain.
I don't argue you're not entitled to have your say but essentially you've been able to cut and paste. Let's forget my grumble about the repeated complaints.

I absolutely do not agree with your peaheart description, it's plainly wrong. You essentially are calling him a coward and I could put a highlight reel up of 2019 where time and again he's thrown himself into much bigger guys and in most cases been the first hard contact leading the kickchase. He might have been ineffectual at times but he wasn't alone. No, he's no coward. Please don't use that peaheart expression again, save it for a genuine coward.

I don't argue you're not entitled to have your say but essentially you've been able to cut and paste. Let's forget my grumble about the repeated complaints.

I absolutely do not agree with your peaheart description, it's plainly wrong. You essentially are calling him a coward and I could put a highlight reel up of 2019 where time and again he's thrown himself into much bigger guys and in most cases been the first hard contact leading the kickchase. He might have been ineffectual at times but he wasn't alone. No, he's no coward. Please don't use that peaheart expression again, save it for a genuine coward.

Ok, peaheart may have been a poor choice of terms. But there were many games this year, where at critical moments, to me he looked as if he completely gave up. Maybe not 'gave up' but as captain, the urgency he should have shown was clearly not evident. It set a poor example and I expected more from a man of his experience and capabilities.

Last edited:
This is where Boyd should've been for at least 2 years, and I actually do believe he can make of fist of it in his twilight. As long as he isn't anywhere near a spine position, I'm not totally unhappy and he could surprise...

Whether he should remain captain is a big gamble to take, as you'd risk ending up with the same situation as this season, where you might have to drop you captain to reggies. On the other hand, it certainly would allow for a smoother transition and potentially give some players the chance to put their hand up for the leadership position.

Speaking of, I don't think Lodge should get it. No, not because of his past, but because he is a prop who isn't on the field for significant time, and he doesn't strike me as someone with the brain acuity for the job.
Then again, Tallis did a pretty good job of it... but I guess it was a different time.
This. I'm also happy to have Boyd play on at centre or wing. We are paying him 700k so we should try it out first before Qcup. For me it's a win win. On your second point Port I posted something about Lodges intellectual strength 6 months or more ago and that was largely drawn from the one on one interview he did with a female reporter who's name I've never known. I'd find it easier to follow a bright mind and fierce competitor rather than someone with just the latter.

there is a reason why a hell of a lot of fans of broncos and other teams like to call boyd a pea heart though.

he is no leader he has a defeatist attitude and it can rub off on his teammates and that's scary for the young guys in the team.

ill happily cop boyd at centre i really do think he can do a job. but to me under no circumstances should he be captain.

hell didn't we have chris garry say the other day he has spoke to many players at broncos and many want lodge as captain?

so even they dont seem to think boyd should be there leader any more.

that should be a telling sign.

Last edited:
Ok, peaheart may have been a poor choice of terms. But there were many games this year, where at critical moments, to me he looked as if he completely gave up. Maybe not 'gave up' but as captain, the urgency he should have shown was clearly not evident. It set a poor example and I expected more from a man of his experience and capabilities.
Way to go man, way to go! When I read a post like this I feel renewed faith in this forum.

I'm done.

See you in 2021.

Lol, you’re ‘done’, after a nothing article with no quotes from anyone, written by Badel of all people, the journo with the least access to the Broncos.

Cya! What a fucking peaheart.

Last edited:
Surely trying to find a spot for Boyd at centre because we are forking out so much coin for him, is just doubling down on our error in handing him that contract in the first place.

It's pretty simple as far as I can see. Pick the best players we can for our 17, if Boyd is not good enough, (which he has shown he is not) don't pick him. Who gives a flying fark what we are paying the money sponge!

Surely trying to find a spot for Boyd at centre because we are forking out so much coin for him, is just doubling down on our error in handing him that contract in the first place.

It's pretty simple as far as I can see. Pick the best players we can for our 17, if Boyd is not good enough, (which he has shown he is not) don't pick him. Who gives a flying fark what we are paying the money sponge!

what would be stupid is not picking him for center when he is our best option for that position ... which he will be if Bird decides to head back to Sydney. he would also be the best player for the position if Bird stays and takes a spine position

what would be stupid is not picking him for center when he is our best option for that position ... which he will be if Bird decides to head back to Sydney. he would also be the best player for the position if Bird stays and takes a spine position

Your right Foordy that would be bloody stupid....If he was in fact our best option there, which he is not.

wtf is going on with this club? not dropping boyd and giving lodge the C. fmd they know how to anger their fans.

@raveenkari

Retention recruitment fucked up badly mate with bullshit contracts and no allowance for natural attrition and now we have to work within our means. No use crying over spilt milk, we got what we got, need to do our best and get on with it.

Last edited:
Darius needs to be talked into retiring.or he his only option is Qcup.
We need to promote a kid from Qcup.
The NRL has a lot of players who have stepped up from the second tier comps this year, we should be looking to do the same.

Active Now

• Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.