NEWS Seibold: Te'o spells TKO for the Eagles

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Coach of the Year 2018 foreshadows this round's line-up to a highly respected Courier Mail journalist:

Ben Te’o will come into our 17. It’s another opportunity to have a bigger body in our group and he has a lot of experience. We didn’t have Ben train with us last week, but he has trained a couple of times now, we only need him to play a small role off the bench for us. I just think having him part of the group is important. He has played in the biggest games in both codes around the world (having played for England in rugby). To add a big body, ideally it would have been great for Ben to play a game of Queensland Cup but we don’t have that luxury this year."

“I thought long and hard about it, he trained really well on Sunday and although he hasn’t been league for some time we feel he can do the job for us."

He confirms that rumoured move:

"We need to look at adding some experience to the back row. ’Oatesy’ has come through as a back-rower, he has always wanted to play back row so I feel he can do the job there this week. We need to turn our performance around this week and we will make some positional changes. Corey Oates will spend some time in the back row with the injuries we’ve got to our starting back-rowers.”

And even cracks a joke, when asked about midstream changes in direction:

“There’s no changes to the halves. After the first two games, Brodie and Anthony combined really well.”

NINTCHDBPICT000192389924

Wouldn't change a thing.

“In a week where you get beaten as badly as you do, you would think there is a list a mile long, but that’s not the answer in my experience. I have been coaching for 15 years in regards to what needs to be done in the short term. We are focusing on a few critical things, if we narrow our focus to Thursday night’s game against Manly and that’s the best way forward for us. I wanted the group to come in hurting a bit over the weekend and have to put in some hard work, that’s the reality after the first two weeks."

DbXQlQ2U0AA97io

Putting in some hard work

“People can’t forget we are 2-2. We have been really poor the last three halves of footy, but I have belief in the group and we are narrowing the focus to two or three things and if we focus on this week we will give a good performance.”

McHunt

Last edited:
I think the Dearden to start was Hooper trying to play 2+2 as he may have heard Dearden was coming into the squad and went

"wait a minute Dearden's a half.... but you can only have two halves on the field... 1+1+1 doesn't equal rugba leeeg... so he MUST be dropping Milford... where's my Twitter"

Even though Seibold said in the presser that he would like QCup to give Dearden some game time at hooker... it becomes pretty apparent that Dearden coming into the squad is likely as cover for Paix off the bench

Last edited:
Put deadern on the bench so when Milford is playing up to shit we can hook him straight away simple.

That food looks good.
It doesn't exactly match but who cares:

feRcFw7.gif
For future reference: it's a Scottish specialty called a "munchie box." Pretty much anything they have to hand - doner kebab, baked beans, battered haggis, chips, deep fried pizza, shredded cabbage, cheese, naan bread, pakora, sweet and sour chicken, onion rings, you name it - dumped into a pizza box and covered in some kind of hot vinegary sauce squeezed from a plastic bottle. The one in the picture is a pretty gourmet Chinese variant. I've never known anyone to get through a whole one.

Last edited:
For future reference: it's a Scottish specialty called a "munchie box." Pretty much anything they have to hand - doner kebab, baked beans, battered haggis, chips, shredded cabbage, cheese, naan bread, pakora, onion rings, you name it - dumped into a pizza box and covered in some kind of hot vinegary sauce squeezed from a plastic bottle.

This is easily the most important thing I’ve learned from this thread. Where exactly would I find one of your munchie boxes?

This is easily the most important thing I’ve learned from this thread. Where exactly would I find one of your munchie boxes?
Glasgow north through the Highlands. Anywhere that's opened late.

Or just get a HSP dish from your local kebab seller, also extremely tasty!

For future reference: it's a Scottish specialty called a "munchie box." Pretty much anything they have to hand - doner kebab, baked beans, battered haggis, chips, deep fried pizza, shredded cabbage, cheese, naan bread, pakora, sweet and sour chicken, onion rings, you name it - dumped into a pizza box and covered in some kind of hot vinegary sauce squeezed from a plastic bottle. The one in the picture is a pretty gourmet Chinese variant. I've never known anyone to get through a whole one.

Battered haggis .... I didn't know this thread was about Tallis?

Battered haggis ... battered Tallis. Hmmm there's something in this cerebral "munchie box". Not much I grant you but still.

Last edited:
Or just get a HSP dish from your local kebab seller, also extremely tasty!
I've enjoyed kebabs all over the world - my favourite being Lahori and Uyghur - but nothing prepared me for how wrong the Scottish Turks can get it. You literally cannot go right.

Milf is going to chuck out his Macca's card and be drooling in his sleep when he finds out about the munchie box.

Interesting that Siebs mentioned his 15 year's experience coaching in regards to what needs to be done in the short-term and that they'll be focusing on a few critical areas. Our poor attitude and embarrassing defensive structures were there for all of us to see last season and I'm yet to see any short-term improvement in these critical areas.

Last edited:
As Munchie Box's go you certainly found just about the most gourmet one I've ever seen.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • Dash
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Howie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.