#seiboldout

They've had all season to make changes. Nothing has been done. What makes you think it will be any different next season?

We joined the 50 points conceded club and we gave it true meaning.

They've had all season to make changes. Nothing has been done. What makes you think it will be any different next season?
Yeah, this is something I'm afraid of. 30+ weeks since Seibold got here, not gameplan or structures in place. Not even a hint of it.

How's it suddenly going to get better in the next 22 or whatever weeks? A lot of which will be holidays for the players too.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is something I'm afraid of. 30+ weeks since Seibold got here, not gameplan or structures in place. Not even a hint of it.

How's it suddenly going to get better in the next 22 or whatever weeks? A lot of which will be holidays for the players too.

If they don't get the shortest holiday possible after that insipid display, frankly the whole joint can **** off cause clearly they don't give a shit.

You know what this clubs biggest issue is? Scrutiny. Constant scrutiny. No coach worth a pinch of shizen wants to come here, because the NRL have fostered an environment where the best coaches are the ones that find ways to push the boundaries of the rules the furthest while getting away with it. So of course the likes of Melbourne and Roosters can do it to their hearts content. A Bellamy or a Robinson wouldn't get away with the shit they do coaching us. Magnifiying glasses hanging over the club 24 hours a day, 7 days a week doesn't make for a great environment for pushing the rules to their limit. The media didn't give a shit about Melbourne's Wrestlemania until Canberra blew the horn over it loud and clear.

This is why we should be inviting Brisbane 2, because we need the medias toxic and self serving ass off our back so the club can actually grow a healthy pair of nuts back. This garbage is EMBARRASSING.

GrimMeaslyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

I’ve said for a while a second Brisbane team could be the best thing for us. With a direct competitor it will make us more accountable for our actions and make us less tolerable to mediocrity. Healthy competition in any business is good for constantly striving to be better than your competition and not resting on your laurels.

I’ve felt for a while we have had everything too easy and on a platter and it’s filtered down to the playing groups attitude. As much as Tallis has pissed me off this year, one thing he has made sense about is a lot of our squad think they own the city despite achieving **** all.

This result might actually be the circuit breaker for
the club to fast track the last of the hard decisions that need to be made. Even the most ardent fans will now be baying for blood and there will be no hiding from it. Could end up being the best thing for the club surprisingly.

I'm on board with this. I held off commenting on him or the Seibold/Bennett discussion all year, but his spine selection is a such a disaster that he could be sacked for that alone.

He continued to pick Boyd (then tried to get him to learn a new position despite already being in career worst form), picked a rookie dummy half trying to learn his way in the NRL at halfback, moved the only established half to fullback and persisted with the clubs 3rd best hooker. Injuries to Deardon/SOS didn't help but he overlooked them when fit on favor of the above. A Haas or TPJ offload or a Fifita try is the only way they looked like scoring points.

If over the offseason he decides to run with a similar spine for 2020 the club should sack him.

I just emailed the broncos membership email asking them why I should renew my membership after the last two finals appearances.

Is there another way to contact the club?

Like anything, if you want to be heard vote with your feet and wallet. When memberships, tickets and merchandise stop and start going backwards, that’s usually when you get a big business to react with vigour and make big decisions based on what’s best for the club without emotional sentiment. Money is always the starting point.

He is the worst coach in our history imo, even worse than Henjak. I'm not saying Bennett is the answer either because I don't think he is, but we dropped the ball not keeping him on for another year or 2. That performance against the Eels is without doubt the worst ever in our history. We have thrown a bunch of promising kids to the Wolves under his watch, hopefully they aren't scarred by it.
[automerge]1568538315[/automerge]
Bennett really fucked us with Boyd's deal in particular. What a smoking turd of a decision.

Not that old incorrect old chestnut again.

Last edited:
He is the worst coach in our history imo, even worse than Henjak. I'm not saying Bennett is the answer either because I don't think he is, but we dropped the ball not keeping him on for another year or 2. That performance against the Eels is without doubt the worst ever in our history. We have thrown a bunch of promising kids to the Wolves under his watch, hopefully they aren't scarred by it.

Awwwp, Wolfie....Don't be stupid. Bennett absolutely had a word in that contract and you well know it.

Terribly disappointing end to a season, I’ve turned this Parra game off... will save judgement until start of next season. But it’s the same issues as it was 12months ago...

If this is what supporting the Broncos is like, then I probably won’t find myself supporting them / NRL anymore. I really like them, but I probably represent the majority of the fans in the sense that I’m not a full hardcore. Why follow something that isn’t fun to follow? It’s not fun being a broncos fan right now.

Too much internal politics and weird decision making going on, that definition of insanity quote springs to mind. The necessary changes which have been obvious for two years now, are still not being made.

Macca, Boyd really have to go & Milf’s salary (& prob birds) should be downgraded a bit.

The worst part about this season for me was just how BORING we were. No structure, no creativity , no skill.... just pass it to the big kid. Yuck

I’m a big fan of Seibold and always have been ever since I saw us play the Rabbitohs last year. They were just epic to watch, so I still feel like he will be able to implement a strong game plan for us. But as every game passes my confidence is waning.

We have the cattle. Our forwards are epic. Milf, Dearden, Bird and Turps would be a formidable spine. Just make it happen.

I feel like screaming at them WHY CANT YOU GUYS MAKE IT WORK YOU HAVE ONE JOB!!!!!!

On the other hand though you have fans like me who will support the club no matter what just because some of us grew up idolising the club and it’s inbuilt into our DNA.

Not having a go at your post but I have never understood how you can love a club and then easily leave them for another club. I do understand falling out of love with a club and not agreeing with what they are doing or what direction they are going but the Broncos will always be my club despite everything I just grew up living the club, I live in the city now since 2011 and I have way too much emotional attachment and time invested. Whether it’s also a geographical thing that I could never support anyone else or because I’ve grown too much of an emotional attachment to the club I don’t know.

Would love to know what it’s like for other fans. I agree whole heartedly that we have been diabolical to watch all season. Probably the only really enjoyable games were Roosters and Cowboys at home and Sharks away. Most other games have been utter boring and garbage which has made things harder.

My love for the club will never waver but I’m definitely more inclined to direct criticism where it’s due and actually vote with my wallet to try and force necessary change. I guess that’s the definition of tough love.

Awwwp, Wolfie....Don't be stupid. Bennett absolutely had a word in that contract and you well know it.

I've always said he was involved, never denied it, but so were another 3 or 4 others. Can't all be pinned on one bloke. If that was the case, we should be bowing down to Bennett for Haas, Staggs, Fifita, TPJ, Lodge and any other decent player we have. Problem is, that wouldn't be accurate. Like I keep saying, he is just a cog in the wheel.

We should have went for Madge.

One thing he would have done this year is at least made us tough and hardened defensively. With our current spine set up, we are better off with a Madge cause Seibold won’t be able to do sweet **** all with our spine in attack. Not even Jesus could make that spine finals competitive.

Henjak at least had Lockyer so it’s hard to compare him to Seibold. I’ll at least give Seibold a full off season and the opening half of 2020 to see if we are going to actually move forward.

You’d be better off focusing on getting rid of the deadwood off the playing roster than sacking a coach in his first year.

Darius Boyd shouldn’t play another game at the Broncos. Alex Glenn and McCullough aren’t required either. I’d be shopping Milford around too. He’s half the player he was a few years ago.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.