Select the NSW 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Queensland are going to win, but gee if NSW pick this side I may have second thoughts.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jarrod Croker
5. Jack Wighton
6. Blake Austin
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Joel Thompson
12. Greg Bird
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Shannon Boyd
15. James Tamou
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Trent Merrin

No disrespect, but trolling?

How has Baloney been going for the Sharks?

My team is based off current form, NSW needs to start fresh.
My 17 would be:

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Josh Dugan
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Mansour (Radradra if he could play)
6. Blake Austin
7. Aidan Sezer
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah(mick Ennis a smokey)
10. Aaron Woods
11. Tyson Frizel
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Wade Graham
15. Andrew Fiftia
16. Junior Paulo(nathan brown a smokey)
17. Trent Merrin

Halves and bench are a bit of a lottery, Backs and starting forwards pretty much pick themselves.

While some of these team lists look pretty good, I honestly believe NSW and Daley are dumb enough to persist with Pearce and expect him to line up in game 1.

No disrespect taken.

What would your 17 look like?

I'll name it when I can figure out the halves. There are no right answers there, just increasingly desperate ones.

I thought you were legit bullshitting, reacting to the "this person should totes get a jumper" when you named Vaughn, Boyd & Croker. And Dugan, which you argued against...

We all make mistakes Morkel, I apologise for being so short, Jeff Robson's footy ability just bums me out and makes me question what I'm doing with my time.

I'll give you a tip with your 17, mate.

You can never have enough Raiders, ex or otherwise.

Clearly nobody has watched them, not even the Maroons so anything could happen.

Dugan could even set up a try or something.

By the by, I wanted to run this past you guys. If for some reason Aidan Sezer or Blake Austin is unavailable, should Sam Williams get a shot?

I mean, he carried the Raiders without a proper half right? They would have been undefeated without that lout FPN so clearly he's better than the other players on offer, right?

6. Blake Austin
7. Aiden Sezer

18. Sam Williams

Maybe not in 2016, but in 2017 I could sense a reaaaaaaal Blues dynasty.

We all make mistakes Morkel, I apologise for being so short, Jeff Robson's footy ability just bums me out and makes me question what I'm doing with my time.

I'll give you a tip with your 17, mate.

You can never have enough Raiders, ex or otherwise.

Clearly nobody has watched them, not even the Maroons so anything could happen.

Dugan could even set up a try or something.

By the by, I wanted to run this past you guys. If for some reason Aidan Sezer or Blake Austin is unavailable, should Sam Williams get a shot?

I mean, he carried the Raiders without a proper half right? They would have been undefeated without that lout FPN so clearly he's better than the other players on offer, right?

6. Blake Austin
7. Aiden Sezer

18. Sam Williams

Maybe not in 2016, but in 2017 I could sense a reaaaaaaal Blues dynasty.

Hahahah, I didn't even know you were being "short" with me :) But I assume from that that you are being serious. But Sam Williams. Where has BP gone? Why are you posting like a Raiders fan that has infiltrated us? I just can't see the appeal, and you're normally spot on with this sort of stuff.

Actually Pro Tip #2

Ex-Raiders are fine, just as long as you don't pick McCrone or Buttriss.

If it wasn't for them, the referees, the video referees, the NRL, third-party deals, News Limited and let's face it injuries, the Raiders would have won a premiership by now.

My team is based off current form, NSW needs to start fresh.
My 17 would be:

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Josh Dugan
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Mansour (Radradra if he could play)
6. Blake Austin
7. Aidan Sezer
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah(mick Ennis a smokey)
10. Aaron Woods
11. Tyson Frizel
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Wade Graham
15. Andrew Fiftia
16. Junior Paulo(nathan brown a smokey)
17. Trent Merrin

Halves and bench are a bit of a lottery, Backs and starting forwards pretty much pick themselves.
I like the balance of this side and totally agree about Dugan and Tedesco being in the team.

Actually Pro Tip #2

Ex-Raiders are fine, just as long as you don't pick McCrone or Buttriss.

If it wasn't for them, the referees, the video referees, the NRL, third-party deals, News Limited and let's face it injuries, the Raiders would have won a premiership by now.

Don't forget the Broncos, apparently everything is always our fault.

Re: Predict the Queensland 17

i dont understand you unbreakable in this statement you ridiculed me for picking aidan sezer and blake austin becvause they have only played one first grade game this season and all of a sudden you can see laurie picking sezer, it amazes me that i was the first one to suggest sezer and of course in yur opinion it was wrong and all of a sudden andrew johns picks him and you think its a great idea, your digging yourself a deaper hole mate

He criticised you about your halves selection before he realised that Aiden Sezer was the best goal kicker in the league.

I said I wouldn't pick Sezer and Austin in the same team, A) Because they haven't played much this season, and B) Because Laurie simply won't try two rookie halves in the same game, hence why my suggestion was Pearce & Sezer.

Sezer is a better goal kicker than Croker, he's also a better goal kicker than Hodkinson. You're welcome to look up his percentages if you don't believe me. (I believe the reason he doesn't goal kick at the Raiders is because he's the lead play maker and sticky wants a bit less pressure on him, plus Croker is around the 80-82% mark)

Last edited:
Re: Predict the Queensland 17

I said I wouldn't pick Sezer and Austin in the same team, A) Because they haven't played much this season, and B) Because Laurie simply won't try two rookie halves in the same game, hence why my suggestion was Pearce & Sezer.

Sezer is a better goal kicker than Croker, he's also a better goal kicker than Hodkinson. You're welcome to look up his percentages if you don't believe me. (I believe the reason he doesn't goal kick at the Raiders is because he's the lead play maker and sticky wants a bit less pressure on him, plus Croker is around the 80-82% mark)

cmon mate just admit it youve got it wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
cmon mate just admit it youve got it wrong

He's invited you to look up the percentages. If you want to prove him wrong, there's your opportunity.

Jarrod Croker 404/496 = 81.45%
Trent Hodkinson 179/238 = 75.21%
Aidan Sezer 156/188 = 82.98%

Of those Sezer has the better percentage, but he's also had 50 less shots than Hodkinson and way less than Croker.

If goal-kicking is a huge concern there is always.

Adam Reynolds 345/410 = 84.15%

He could be back in two weeks.

By the by, both Pearce and Hodkinson are failures.

Next.

Jarrod Croker 404/496 = 81.45%
Trent Hodkinson 179/238 = 75.21%
Aidan Sezer 156/188 = 82.98%

Of those Sezer has the better percentage, but he's also had 50 less shots than Hodkinson and way less than Croker.

If goal-kicking is a huge concern there is always.

Adam Reynolds 345/410 = 84.15%

He could be back in two weeks.

By the by, both Pearce and Hodkinson are failures.

Next.

Cheers Pete, it's also worth noting that Sezer's % was on the Titans with Mead & Gordon on either wing being the predominant try scorers, meaning a lot of his kicks were sideline conversions. I've seen Sezer live 3 times, never seen anyone kick them off the tee as well as him, I'd put him up against any other goal kicker in the NRL at the moment.

Hodkinson is definitely getting hooked this year, but I can see Loz giving the golden boy Pearce at least one more shot.

He's invited you to look up the percentages. If you want to prove him wrong, there's your opportunity.

Well as has been pointed out, both of us are pretty slow and need things dumbed down for us, so we would probably struggle to look anything up.

For a moment, I thought people were going silly with the April fools day stuff here, and then I realised most of it was posted today... :stupid:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • broncs30
  • marw
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.