Select the NSW 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
If he can tighten his game, Cartwright will be a Top 10 player of his generation.

Laurie should include him as 18th man. Have Luke Lewis, Greg Bird and company teach him a couple of lessons he can apply to his game to accelerate his development. Pending on how well he goes, he could find himself on the bench for Game II or III.

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
His defence is still questionable for me, but it seems somewhat improved on last year. He'll be a good player if he can tighten it up half as well as Gillo has. Also seems to be getting more selective in his offloads/attack, but it'd be nice to see him making looking for a bit more work in attack.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
With Tedesco injured, I'd be going with:

1. Coote
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Roberts
5. Fergusen
6. Maloney
7. Sezer
8. Woods
9. Ennis
10. Fallen
11. Cordner
12. Scott
13. Bird

14. Matterson
15. Tamou
16. Cartwright
17. Fifita

there you go, pull that team to pieces!

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Haha at you picking Matterson after 5 first grade games :rofl: :rofl:
What can I say, I rate the kid a lot and think he would be the perfect utility. Tate got picked for Aus after 9 games or something. But hey, whatever NSW has been doing has worked so well for you guys, so I'm more than happy for your state to keep picking the same old numpties again. :)

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
I rate this kid as well he looks like a good prospect he had a good game today and I hope he kicks on but picking someone for the highest level of Rugby League in the world after 5 games of first grade is absolutely crazy. I know Ben Ikin debuted at Origin after 4 games for the Gold Coast but remember that was Super League and in 95 and 97 both the Maroons and the Blues were desperate and scrapped the barrel for anybody as there was nobody available.

Just took a look in one of my books and Tate debuted for the Maroons after 14, but I don't know the story behind it so I can't comment on it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
And I'm pretty sure he played for Aus before that in the Anzac test too, though I could be wrong. I'm sure it was 9 games though. Anyway, isn't NSW desperate though? I mean the kid can play center, back row and in the halves. It might be a year too early as I guess Lewis could be picked there this year but that still feels like a too conservative approach. Just pick him and take the punt.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
whatever thought process goes into picking the NSW team ... the selectors should do the exact opposite to what their instincts tell them ... maybe then they will have a chance

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Tate had only played 15 games before his debut in Origin III 02, but only 9 starts since making his debut in 2001.

It's a different set of circumstances to Matterson. Tate was one of the form players of a top team in Brisbane. Meanwhile Matterson has only played two games for a struggling Roosters outfit. Sure he may have played well for City (I don't know, I couldn't be bothered with the game) but NSW have better alternatives or even utilities (eg. Jack Bird) to fill that spot on the bench.

Then again, I don't think you're seriously backing Matterson, just tossing his name up because he's impressed you in limited stints. Which is why you threw that little comment in the end, almost like a Where's Wally challenge.

Otherwise, it's a good 17.

broncoboy

QCup Player
hervey bay
Canberra Raiders centre Joey Leilua will use the next two games to push his case for a State of Origin berth, and teammate Blake Austin has backed his bid to secure a NSW Blues jersey.

The Raiders play the St George Illawarra Dragons at Jubilee Oval on Thursday night and will be hoping to strengthen their grip on a top-eight spot.
But the race for Origin selection is heating up and there's just two weeks left for a host of Raiders – including Austin and Leilua – to impress NSW coach Laurie Daley.
Leilua revealed his Blues goal on Monday, and is hopeful of gaining selection despite being ruled out of Samoa's Test with a leg injury and missing the City-Country clash which doubles as a NSW selection trial.

Read more at Leilua targets NSW State of Origin berth | Zero Tackle

Mitch06

NRL Player
Canberra Raiders centre Joey Leilua will use the next two games to push his case for a State of Origin berth, and teammate Blake Austin has backed his bid to secure a NSW Blues jersey.

The Raiders play the St George Illawarra Dragons at Jubilee Oval on Thursday night and will be hoping to strengthen their grip on a top-eight spot.
But the race for Origin selection is heating up and there's just two weeks left for a host of Raiders – including Austin and Leilua – to impress NSW coach Laurie Daley.
Leilua revealed his Blues goal on Monday, and is hopeful of gaining selection despite being ruled out of Samoa's Test with a leg injury and missing the City-Country clash which doubles as a NSW selection trial.

Read more at Leilua targets NSW State of Origin berth | Zero Tackle
He has next to no chance.

Alec

International Rep
Blowjob has been a gun attacker, but i just would not trust his allround game at all.

Mitch06

NRL Player
Maloney has the highest missed tackle count in the comp....NSW honestly don't have any strong all-round contenders for the 6 and 7. I would seriously be considering Coote at 5/8.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Likely NSW 17 according to Josh Massoud -

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A.Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. G.Bird

14. J.Bird
15. Klemmer
16. Tamou
17. Cartwright

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
Likely NSW 17 according to Josh Massoud -

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A.Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. G.Bird

14. J.Bird
15. Klemmer
16. Tamou
17. Cartwright
I would have J-Morris there in the centres as he is always very good at Origin and always does well against Inglis but apart from that I feel that team is spot on. Would love to see Adam Reynolds get a crack at Origin he certainly deserves it.

Alec

International Rep
Moyla is a good choice. Everyone is creaming over Coote, but Moylan is the same player only younger and better, albeit playing for a struggling club with a shit coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter