Select the NSW 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate had only played 15 games before his debut in Origin III 02, but only 9 starts since making his debut in 2001.

It's a different set of circumstances to Matterson. Tate was one of the form players of a top team in Brisbane. Meanwhile Matterson has only played two games for a struggling Roosters outfit. Sure he may have played well for City (I don't know, I couldn't be bothered with the game) but NSW have better alternatives or even utilities (eg. Jack Bird) to fill that spot on the bench.

Then again, I don't think you're seriously backing Matterson, just tossing his name up because he's impressed you in limited stints. Which is why you threw that little comment in the end, almost like a Where's Wally challenge.

Otherwise, it's a good 17.

Canberra Raiders centre Joey Leilua will use the next two games to push his case for a State of Origin berth, and teammate Blake Austin has backed his bid to secure a NSW Blues jersey.

The Raiders play the St George Illawarra Dragons at Jubilee Oval on Thursday night and will be hoping to strengthen their grip on a top-eight spot.
But the race for Origin selection is heating up and there's just two weeks left for a host of Raiders – including Austin and Leilua – to impress NSW coach Laurie Daley.
Leilua revealed his Blues goal on Monday, and is hopeful of gaining selection despite being ruled out of Samoa's Test with a leg injury and missing the City-Country clash which doubles as a NSW selection trial.

Read more at Leilua targets NSW State of Origin berth | Zero Tackle

Canberra Raiders centre Joey Leilua will use the next two games to push his case for a State of Origin berth, and teammate Blake Austin has backed his bid to secure a NSW Blues jersey.

The Raiders play the St George Illawarra Dragons at Jubilee Oval on Thursday night and will be hoping to strengthen their grip on a top-eight spot.
But the race for Origin selection is heating up and there's just two weeks left for a host of Raiders – including Austin and Leilua – to impress NSW coach Laurie Daley.
Leilua revealed his Blues goal on Monday, and is hopeful of gaining selection despite being ruled out of Samoa's Test with a leg injury and missing the City-Country clash which doubles as a NSW selection trial.

Read more at Leilua targets NSW State of Origin berth | Zero Tackle

He has next to no chance.

Blowjob has been a gun attacker, but i just would not trust his allround game at all.

I'd love to see him in the Origin arena.

....as a die-hard QLDer, it'd be fuckin' great. Sign him up, Laurie!!

Maloney has the highest missed tackle count in the comp....NSW honestly don't have any strong all-round contenders for the 6 and 7. I would seriously be considering Coote at 5/8.

Likely NSW 17 according to Josh Massoud -

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A.Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. G.Bird

14. J.Bird
15. Klemmer
16. Tamou
17. Cartwright

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A.Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. G.Bird

14. J.Bird
15. Klemmer
16. Tamou
17. Cartwright
Surely they're not that smart?

Dangerous team!

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A.Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. G.Bird

14. J.Bird
15. Klemmer
16. Tamou
17. Cartwright

I would have J-Morris there in the centres as he is always very good at Origin and always does well against Inglis but apart from that I feel that team is spot on. Would love to see Adam Reynolds get a crack at Origin he certainly deserves it.

Josh fucking Jackson. I really just don't see it.

Moyla is a good choice. Everyone is creaming over Coote, but Moylan is the same player only younger and better, albeit playing for a struggling club with a shit coach.

1. Coote
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Cartwright
12. Merrin
13. G. Bird

14. Graham
15. Tamou
16. Klemmer
17. Cordner

Last edited:
Dugan cleared of serious injury and is expected to be fit for Origin.

That means we don't lose Roberts.

And NSW continue to select an overrated hack out of position.

Eat him alive GI.

Can't wait for Queensland to tear dumb and dumber a new asshole.

Yeah Dugan is wasted a centre Josh Morris is a far better selection.

Morris is a myth. Outside of his heroics in Game I 2014, he hasn't done anything to impress me at Origin. Even the supposed 'he shut GI down' calls are rubbish. Any centre worth their weight could shut GI down, if NSW were that concerned they could play Aitken there and they wouldn't lose anything.

NSW should rip the band-aid off and play Jack Bird at centre. The kid understands footy and if NSW have any brains he'll play 20+ Origins.

Morris is a myth. Outside of his heroics in Game I 2014, he hasn't done anything to impress me at Origin. Even the supposed 'he shut GI down' calls are rubbish. Any centre worth their weight could shut GI down, if NSW were that concerned they could play Aitken there and they wouldn't lose anything.

NSW should rip the band-aid off and play Jack Bird at centre. The kid understands footy and if NSW have any brains he'll play 20+ Origins.

Key point imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.