Select the NSW 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Wrong thread....

Last edited:
Blame it on Morkel for confusing me :laugh:

Is this the end of Luke Lewis's rep career? I still think he is good enough. He had a good performance tonight and has been in very good form for Cronulla this year. Would be good to have on the bench for the experience he has at rep level.

Not related to this years team but watching that Sharks V Manly game I find it hard to believe that Jamie Buhrer played Origin once :laugh:

I thought Lewis was spent after he left the Panthers, but every time he's been selected he's been fantastic.

I thought Lewis was spent after he left the Panthers, but every time he's been selected he's been fantastic.

He's just one of those players who turns up for Origin. Like Myles and to a lesser extent, Lillyman

This Panthers Titans game is torture to sit through but Cartwright has to be in the NSW 17 and wouldn't be out of place starting. All of his skills has been on show and has come up with some good tackles as well.

This Panthers Titans game is torture to sit through but Cartwright has to be in the NSW 17 and wouldn't be out of place starting. All of his skills has been on show and has come up with some good tackles as well.

Based on today's game I'm hoping he's selected in NSW 17. Defence isn't up to Origin standard.

NSW side according to Moley

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen (c)
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. Bird

14. Walker
15. Tamou
16. Fifita
17. Klemmer

Last edited:
I'll lay off and give it a chance.

Moylan or Coote...just as long as Dugan isn't back there it's OK. In fact, Moylan maybe the better choice given who he plays alongside compared to Soward and Wallace. It's a convenient selection too since Moylan has been apart of recent squads and is already there in Sydney.

I don't rate Mansour highly, but who else is there?

In a perfect world, Luke Brooks would have been ready by now but NSW didn't even select him in the City side. Maloney and Reynolds have won premierships in recent years, they're the most qualified at this point in time.

The pack is OK, maybe they could have balanced it better as Klemmer, Fifita and Tamou on at the same time is asking for trouble.

Looks like we're in for another dour Sydney Origin.

NSW will select Dylan Walker as their bench utility.

Looks like another win for QLD.

I think the reason why Mansour is getting the nod is because of how many meters he makes and his tackle busting ability. I may be wrong on this but I don't think there is any other winger in the comp that runs for more meters and breaks as many tackles as he does. He is like an extra forward even though he doesn't have the size. He is a good player to have in your team to compete the yardage battle.

Mansour imo should've played at least 1 game for the Blues in the past. I remember being very annoyed when he wasn't selected in the 3rd game of 2014 and James McManus was.

I just saw that over on LU. I had completely forgotten about McManus' selection in 2014, I just remember the 2013 recall. McManus' 2013 recall was completely justified, after Ferguson got himself suspended, James was the form option (19 tries, lots and lots of metres, great defensive plays) and should have been there in Game II. Not to drag it out, but Merritt's selection felt like a petty put up or shut up moment, 6 years after he should have been selected for City.

But there was no justification for 2014. It was Mansour's spot and Laurie got lazy. He didn't cost NSW the game, they were going to get an ass whoopin regardless, but it hurt them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.