Semi Finals Discussion

Re: Finals Week Two Discussion

I agree and it was embarrassing that they awarded it but the Roosters put on 4 more tries after that so they would've won the game convincingly regardless of the Evans try. To say that it was why the Bulldogs lost is just ridiculous and petty.

They did put on four more tries and I don't think the Bulldogs were playing well enough to win but to say that ridiculous try and the one off the forward pass straight after had NO influence on the size of the win is ridiculous and biased.

I agree and it was embarrassing that they awarded it but the Roosters put on 4 more tries after that so they would've won the game convincingly regardless of the Evans try. To say that it was why the Bulldogs lost is just ridiculous and petty.
You can't say it was why the game was lost by the dogs. But what you can say is that it was the point where the game was ruined. No one can say what would've happened had that ridiculous decision not been made.

I agree with Bman's sentiment, but don't agree with the logic. A try at that stage completely changed the complexion of the game, driving Canterbury to try and lay on big hits to exact some measure of revenge only to endure more points being scored against them. If Evans try was the dodgiest try of the season, than RTS was the 7th dodgiest try as both passes were obviously forward but Cecchin is a joke of a senior official and I cannot believe Archer's judgement on picking him.

However, before then the Bulldogs looked absolutely cooked and showed very little with the football. The only player capable of breaking the game open was Kasiano and he was starting to self-destruct a bit as he wasn't getting any support out there.

Also as I said, it wasn't all one way traffic as far as the refs were concerned. The Dogs were able to spend an age in the ruck and I saw them go for second, third and forth efforts without so much of a penalty. So really, I don't feel any sympathy for them.

However, if it was the Broncos who had to cop that call, I would be livid and rightfully so.

Even if the Roosters went on to score 100, that try more or less broke the camels back. Here they are playing the #1 team, doing their utter best, their goal kicker not helping out, needing a try to come from behind, and the refs award an absolute joke of a try. It broke their will to continue, and the sheer frustration of having to play double the catch up footy just compounded and got worse.

That decision was an absolute joke, and while obviously you can't say it "lost" them the game, it was an absolute clanger that turned the game without a doubt.

FWIW, even before that point, I had the feeling the Roosters would be too strong in the end, but it was never obvious, it could have easily been one game where everything was going the leading teams way, and the Bulldogs score a try against the grain and go on to win it. So it was a significant turning point.

Last edited:

What a stupid thing to say... so because the chooks scored 4 tries after that joke of a try, they would've won convincingly? Key word being AFTER, which means no one knows what would've happened if the try had not been awarded.

Were the chooks the more likely team? Sure! But as long as the dogs were only a try away of a preliminary final, everything could've happened.

IMO it doesn't matter if there were 10 tries scored after the BS try was awarded. The standard of officiating is a major problem and IMO it is getting worse not better.

Tony Archer coming out and supporting decisions that the whole world can see were wrong is not helping the the problem.

What if that try was awarded in the 79th minute of a GF with the scores level. Unfortunately though i think that is what it will take for those idiots at the NRL to realize that there is a very poor standard of officiating in rugby league in this country

It all started IMO when the "knock on" was called against the Dogs, with replays clearly showing there was no knock on, he got a foot to the ball, and the Dogs should have had a fresh set from 10 metres out. That, to me, looked like a "wink wink" moment for the Roosters to know that the game was theirs and they'll be given any advantage they needed. Bang - try called on a play where the ball doesn't even make it to the line. Bang - try called on two forward passes (how can you defend a play where the ball runner is already past the line when he gets the ball???). This all has a Sea Eagles 2011 feel to me. If we get penalised 3 times in a row in the first 5 minutes against the Chooks for nothing infractions, I'm going to lose my shit.

What a stupid thing to say... so because the chooks scored 4 tries after that joke of a try, they would've won convincingly? Key word being AFTER, which means no one knows what would've happened if the try had not been awarded.

@Broncoman

Everyone seems to have missed the lead up to the 'try', Kane Evans was taken out by a Dogs player. (the Dogs player should have been given 10 in the bin)

Yes the ref stuffed up with the try being awarded, but he/they also stuffed up when they missed Evans being taken out before hand.

Last edited:

@Broncoman

Everyone seems to have missed the lead up to the 'try', Kane Evans was taken out by a Dogs player. (the Dogs player should have been given 10 in the bin)

Yes the ref stuffed up with the try being awarded, but he/they also stuffed up when they missed Evans being taken out before hand.

When? Do you know the exact time of when it happened?

I didn't see anyone being taken out. Not even when I watched the replay. Unless it happened off screen.

Last edited:

Yep I didn't see anything live or on replay either but I obviously wasn't at the game. Even so, I just want to reiterate that the monstrosity of a decision at least happened to the Bulldogs, a team full of unlikeable sorts like Reynolds, Graham, Reynolds and Graham but that sort of stupidity will decide this year's GF and the idiot referees boss will come out and support whatever decision that is. NRL does everything it can to look amateurish and then back it up by further amateurish hyperbole. Rant over.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.