Semi Finals Discussion

Re: Finals Week Two Discussion

Someone needs to tell Huge that he's not a Sharks fan anymore.
At least you've understood that. I'm pointing out that beating the Sharks will not be a walk in the park for the cows. I hope they flog the Cows and bash the shit out of Melbourne, totally understanding that it would be a monumental achievement and unlikely.

I love an underdog and a team that runs last, winning only 5 games in a year and is ravaged by the media and controversy and overcomes enormous obstacles is the bones of a great story. What the shortsighted don't understand is this is what rugby league is about. The drama over the peptides was three years ago and no matter how you might feel about the drug saga, it's history and has no bearing on this year.

What Melbourne did hurt the game so much more yet people have moved on although we shouldn't forget it. We should do the same for the Sharks. They've put in fifty years of effort without reward and like the Broncos were never given much of a go by the nswrl and the power elite within. If the Broncos can't win it then I'd rather a genuine battler without superstars win over the privileged Roosters or the brilliant Storm. The cows can wait.

At least you've understood that. I'm pointing out that beating the Sharks will not be a walk in the park for the cows. I hope they flog the Cows and bash the shit out of Melbourne, totally understanding that it would be a monumental achievement and unlikely.

I love an underdog and a team that runs last, winning only 5 games in a year and is ravaged by the media and controversy and overcomes enormous obstacles is the bones of a great story. What the shortsighted don't understand is this is what rugby league is about. The drama over the peptides was three years ago and no matter how you might feel about the drug saga, it's history and has no bearing on this year.

What Melbourne did hurt the game so much more yet people have moved on although we shouldn't forget it. We should do the same for the Sharks. They've put in fifty years of effort without reward and like the Broncos were never given much of a go by the nswrl and the power elite within. If the Broncos can't win it then I'd rather a genuine battler without superstars win over the privileged Roosters or the brilliant Storm. The cows can wait.

Their captain and probably their best player got a three game suspension for using peptides. They don't deserve shit, ever.

Ennis is a big in for the Sharks.

I seriously doubt they can beat the Cowboys anyway, but if he's not there they're toast.

The Sharks have beaten the Cowboys twice this year and have a pretty good record against them of late. They are also coming of a big win against the defending premiers which will give them a much needed boost and momentum, I rate their chances pretty well.

The cows didn't do too much wrong against us IMO, whereas apart from the opening 20mins or so, the Sharks had a relatively easy game against the reigning premiers. This week they come up against a team just as hungry as they are for a premiership.

Tough call but with home ground adavantage and the sting of last week still fresh, I'm leaning towards the Cows personally.

I personally can't wait for the reaction from Thurston if the Sharks somehow win, it will be amazing... And most likely Adam Blairs fault.

I personally can't wait for the reaction from Thurston if the Sharks somehow win, it will be amazing... And most likely Adam Blairs fault.

He'll be banned retrospectively.

Pearce will have a shocker first game back. The rorters have the (illegal, in the Melbourne Storm sense of the word) squad to carry him, but it might be enough for the dogs to get over them.

Pearce will have a shocker first game back. The rorters have the (illegal, in the Melbourne Storm sense of the word) squad to carry him, but it might be enough for the dogs to get over them.

I would be in an amazingly good mood if they did but my footy brain says nope, just hope that the Roosters are stuffed afterwards.

I've got Roosters getting up over the Dogs on the strength of their backline and halves. They are predicting wild weather though, so that could play into the Dogs favour. Either way, I think it'll be a slog that may well weaken the victor for us.

Cowboys should prove to be a bit more than the Sharks can handle given home ground advantage, and I expect they'll find Cronulla far easier to cut through it wide than Brisbane.

I expect both matches to be pretty tight though, and an upset wouldn't be out of the question in either case.

I can't see Bulldogs winning.

But I want Bulldogs to do to Roosters what England did to NZ in the 2013 WC..

Just play a very aggressive game and bash them. Soften them up a bit for when they come up to Brisbane.

Pritchard found not guilty.

He will be free to play this week.

The dodgy knee defence ... What a load of shit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Ex-players and their biases have no business being on the judiciary

Fair dinkum, what a farce.

Fair dinkum, what a farce.

Probably only one of the few moments where I'm actually glad.

The more of their forwards that play against the Roosters, the better it is for us.

There is a silver lining in all of this!

Pritchard is certainly one if those that'll help our cause. Every game could be his last in the NRL and he's dumb enough to cross the line in desperation.

12027524_897302500323211_5881993943822728298_n.jpg

I've got Roosters getting up over the Dogs on the strength of their backline and halves. They are predicting wild weather though, so that could play into the Dogs favour. Either way, I think it'll be a slog that may well weaken the victor for us.

Cowboys should prove to be a bit more than the Sharks can handle given home ground advantage, and I expect they'll find Cronulla far easier to cut through it wide than Brisbane.

I expect both matches to be pretty tight though, and an upset wouldn't be out of the question in either case.

I think the Roosters pack is better too. Bulldogs are certainly bigger, but not better.

Both teams are quite thuggish/retarded though, so fingers crossed something interesting happens.

Been watching the 1998, 2002 and 2006 Preliminary Finals..

God, I miss Lockyer.

I hope we play the Roosters. We need to get revenge for 2002.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Pablo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.