Send Off

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The Tallis & Walker send offs:

Tallis%2cG%20sent%20off_322419_p.jpg

Walker%2cB%209902_481139_p.jpg

What a terrible jersey in the pic of Gordie's send off, praying that was a one off.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He was actually sent off for the Broncos as well in Round 6 1998.

It was a for a high tackle against Manly after he had already been binned. It was a miserable evening for the Broncos, but if memory serves there was a feeling of 'get square' from the officials. The two had squared off in the season opener, which the Broncos won 22-6, but the only thing the media was interested in talking about was the 17-6 penalty count to Brisbane. Among those penalties included the dismissals of John Hopoate and Geoff Toovey who were sent off for dissent in the last minute of the contest. It was the first Manly game Bill Harrigan had refereed in 3 years, and his credibility was called into question. Hence, 'Bronco Bill' which he was known as for years.

In the follow up game, Steve Clarke was in charge and the Sea Eagles won the count 13-4.

As you can see, the NRL was an absolute mess in the beginning.

Sin binned before half time and then sent in the 49th minute- cleared of any wrong doing.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lewis in Round 2, 1989. Forearm to the neck on Glenn Ryan.

I know there have been more.. Can't quite think of any others apart from the one BP pointed out.

But there haven't been many. We've had quite a few sin bins.. But not many send offs.

Vautin was trying to get a penalty and appealed a bit being stupid/funny and got his mate sent.

Ryan defended Wally at the judiciary.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Kerrod Walters was sent off against Western Suburbs in 1991 for punching Graeme Wynn.

Yep and got two weeks! Cost him his Australian and Queensland jumper which he never got back.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yeah that pretty much sums up my reply post mate, the side had the potential to win it that year, as proven in the next two following years but in reflection you can argue they came out of 1991 a better season from that experience as fustrating as it was. I remember Bennett saying in 1992 that he was convinced they would win a premiership that year in a match against the Panthers in Penrith. The Panthers needed to win to remain in the running for the finals, it was raining, we were well positioned and could afford to lose, but we won in a tight finish. The sort of game the Broncos were famous for losing.

They gave away too much at the start; Origin killed them. Six games where the Broncos scored the same amount of tries as the opposition. Last minute loss to Dragons at Lang Park. Last minute loss to Dogs. Won 4 first 9 games. 8/17 by end of July.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Ridiculous send off. He dove his head into the shoulder

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Disgraceful decision.

This crackdown has been a farce. I understand why they are doing it, but their handling of it has been diabolical.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
A legitimate farce. I've had curry shits with more consistancy than this reffing.

Look at what Kevin Proctor got away with in the Titans V Roosters game.

At least Robinson called that one out. Absolutely right, too - I didn't see it but if the refs are genuinely making decisions on how injured the player is, that's just plain fucked. We're very shortly going to have a comp of divers.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
At least Robinson called that one out. Absolutely right, too - I didn't see it but if the refs are genuinely making decisions on how injured the player is, that's just plain fucked. We're very shortly going to have a comp of divers.

We already do. Storm, Panthers, Tigers, Souths, Rorters seem to do it best so far.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Someone needs to sue this horse **** and **** him off.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
There is nothing Kobe could possibly have done differently to change the outcome of that tackle. It was entirely accidental.

The game has never been in a bigger mess than atm. If V’landys wasn’t in newscorps pocket there would be a public lynching for what he’s turned the nrl into within the space of 13 months.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
What disgusts me about this as well, is after the game last night, all over social media and news sites was the insanity of that send off.
This morning, you cannot find mention of it on the Nine news website no matter how hard you look.
NRL and Vlandys are using media manipulation to control the image of the game in the face of complete incompetency, just another reason i wont watch again this year.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.