Sharing Lang Park with the Dolphins....

Are you happy for the Dolphins to play home games at Suncorp?

• Yes, I don't care

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No, it's our home ground. They should play at their own stadium

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I think it's fair to say most if not all Broncos supporters have a sentimental attachment to the Cauldron. We have a tonne of history there alongside the Maroons despite our brief stint at Mt Gravatt, and in NRL terms it is indisputably our home ground.

Sadly though, there has been no sign from either the NRL or the QLD government that the Dolphins will be getting a shiny new stadium of their own. Maybe a moderately priced upgrade to Moreton Daily, and perhaps a more high profile stadium sponsor, but it seems far more likely that we will see ourselves sharing our already overused stadium with the NRL's new favorite toy.

Lets turn this sad state of affairs on its head for a healthy hypothetical. Say that, in some alternate universe better than this one where the Broncos and its fans are actually treated with a bit of respect, we had some say in the matter. Would you be happy for them to share Suncorp with us?

Personally I'm resigned to the fact that a healthy Dolphins is in the best interests of both Rugby League as a whole and frankly the Broncos themselves. The last decade has proven we need someone up our ass to keep us honest, and maybe having them right there with their logo draped over our stadium once every 2-3 weeks will help to drive that point home.

I think it's fair to say most if not all Broncos supporters have a sentimental attachment to the Cauldron. We have a tonne of history there alongside the Maroons despite our brief stint at Mt Gravatt, and in NRL terms it is indisputably our home ground.

Sadly though, there has been no sign from either the NRL or the QLD government that the Dolphins will be getting a shiny new stadium of their own. Maybe a moderately priced upgrade to Moreton Daily, and perhaps a more high profile stadium sponsor, but it seems far more likely that we will see ourselves sharing our already overused stadium with the NRL's new favorite toy.

Lets turn this sad state of affairs on its head for a healthy hypothetical. Say that, in some alternate universe better than this one where the Broncos and its fans are actually treated with a bit of respect, we had some say in the matter. Would you be happy for them to share Suncorp with us?

Personally I'm resigned to the fact that a healthy Dolphins is in the best interests of both Rugby League as a whole and frankly the Broncos themselves. The last decade has proven we need someone up our ass to keep us honest, and maybe having them right there with their logo draped over our stadium once every 2-3 weeks will help to drive that point home.
Dont really care... we already share the stadium with the reds and roar.

I would start to have an issue if they wanted to start plastering Dolphins pieces within Suncorp or changing things to be a more Dolphins "aesthetic". Not sure what this might entail, but if they started lobbying to change things within the dressing rooms or warm up areas... or trying to tart things up to make it look like it's been their ancestral home all along, when everyone knows Redcliffe is their home.

Dolphins seem like they will be more of a nomad when it comes to home games (Suncorp, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast), but their home ground will be Redcliffe... in the same way that Wests have 3 home grounds, but Leichhardt is more like their real home ground.

I think it would be more disrespectful to actual Dolphins fans if they started trying to pretend like Suncorp is their actual home ground.

Dont really care... we already share the stadium with the reds and roar.

I would start to have an issue if they wanted to start plastering Dolphins pieces within Suncorp or changing things to be a more Dolphins "aesthetic". Not sure what this might entail, but if they started lobbying to change things within the dressing rooms or warm up areas... or trying to tart things up to make it look like it's been their ancestral home all along, when everyone knows Redcliffe is their home.

Dolphins seem like they will be more of a nomad when it comes to home games (Suncorp, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast), but their home ground will be Redcliffe... in the same way that Wests have 3 home grounds, but Leichhardt is more like their real home ground.

I think it would be more disrespectful to actual Dolphins fans if they started trying to pretend like Suncorp is their actual home ground.

actually, i think the Roar moved recently to Moreton Daily Stadium in Redcliffe ... they couldn't afford Lang Park. I'm not sure the Reds can either, but they're to stubborn to move.

I do suspect that the vast majority of the Dolphins games will be played out of Moreton Daily, with only the big blockbusters (especially the derby games) played at Lang Park

I'd prefer the Dolphins to play at Dolphin Oval personally, but I couldn't care less if we have to ground share with them. I'd probably feel a lot different if actually had a stadium that we owned.

I'd prefer the Dolphins to play at Dolphin Oval personally, but I couldn't care less if we have to ground share with them. I'd probably feel a lot different if actually had a stadium that we owned.
Nice to see you still calling it Dolphin Oval mate.

Now if we can just get that "Phins" talk outta your game............

Comforting Stephen Amell GIF by Heels

Dolphins have plenty of history there too, they've won Grand Finals and finals there and played a lot of round games there- they've played there for a lot longer than the Broncos.

Fact is when the State Government build a stadium, you have no control over who uses it. They want rent.

Lang Park is a clean stadium, it can be stripped overnight, so you'd never know who was there the night before. Dolphins will make it suit them with sponsors and dressingrooms one night than Broncos will do the same the next night.

I honestly don't care, but as far as convenience I'd rather them play at Moreton Bay because it's easier for me to get to.

Doesn't bother me. Manly and other Sydney teams play 'home' games at Lang Park occasionally too.

Hasn't a big part of the argument of a second Brisbane team coming in always been that it's a shame to have the best RL stadium in the world only get used once every couple of weeks? They want games played their every week.

If the NRL were smart they could have used the inclusion to build another NRL stadium on the sunshine coast but they are dumb *****. Sure you can take the big games to Suncorp, but you don't need to take the lower games to Suncorp where you might only get 10-15k fans. Much better to pack out a more local ground for both the fans and atmosphere. The dolphins are dumb *****, they have pretty much been used to secure a second Brisbane team in which they will literally park next door to the broncos and try to use all their facilities too. I bet they wont play **** all games at Redcliffe.

If the NRL were smart they could have used the inclusion to build another NRL stadium on the sunshine coast but they are dumb *****. Sure you can take the big games to Suncorp, but you don't need to take the lower games to Suncorp where you might only get 10-15k fans. Much better to pack out a more local ground for both the fans and atmosphere. The dolphins are dumb *****, they have pretty much been used to secure a second Brisbane team in which they will literally park next door to the broncos and try to use all their facilities too. I bet they wont play **** all games at Redcliffe.

What facilities would Redcliffe try to use of ours? They have their own facilities.

Doesn't bother me. Manly and other Sydney teams play 'home' games at Lang Park occasionally too.

Hasn't a big part of the argument of a second Brisbane team coming in always been that it's a shame to have the best RL stadium in the world only get used once every couple of weeks? They want games played their every week.
I think it’s bullshit argument like who gives a ****. It’s been sydney-siders argument to try and deplete our income sources with an increased number of teams in Brisbane.

I think it should be decided by the fans, broncos on one side of the 50 and shitfin fans on the other at Suncorp, royal rumble style!

the question is which side will @Wolfie stand on?

No different to clubs sharing the Olympic Stadium or AFL sharing the MCG. It's a ground, with more games means more investment means better amenities...

I get the feeling this thread should be having more robust discussion than it currently is lol

There should be no problem whatsoever. We don’t own the stadium. Imagine owning a motel and being told you were only allowed to rent out half the rooms. Sharing is caring.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.