NEWS Shibasaki signs with Newcastle

This doesn't make a difference to our top 30 though right? We had 30 before officially adding Glenn & Croft, meaning we had 32.

Remove Shibasaki & Palasia and you've got our top 30 for the season.
I think it was 29 plus Glenn and Croft. So now it’s 30 with Shibasaki gone.

seemed like a good kid ... i thought for the most part fans were a tad harsh on him ...

having said that easily the most replaceable player in our squad (not named Boyd/Macca, but he was easier to move than those 2)

losing him won't hurt as we have Arthars, Coates and Farnworth coming through (plus Kahu for 2020)

He's a development player as per NRL.com.

He was added to the team list on broncos.com.au after that list was released, can only assume he was added to the top 30. Seems unlikely they'd have 29 top 30 players and 1 non-top 30 player in the team list on the website.

Was added to the team list on Broncos.com.au after that list was released, can only assume he was added to the top 30. Seems unlikely they'd have 29 top 30 players and 1 non-top 30 player in the team list on the website.

The development squad was only announced a week or so ago. It was also updated recently to include Tyson Gamble.

I could be wrong, but Niu was named in an extended squad and his profile was uploaded to the website around that time. Whether it was taken off and then re-uploaded following the Tonga test I'm unsure.

They're constantly updating those squads by the by.

Last edited:
The development squad was only announced a week or so ago. It was also updated recently to include Tyson Gamble.

I could be wrong, but Niu was named in an extended squad and his profile was uploaded to the website around that time. Whether it was taken off and then re-uploaded following the Tonga test I'm unsure.

They're constantly updating those squads by the by.

Fair enough, Niu was absolutely included in one of the initial top 30 lists, but as you said, they've been changed multiple times, I would still expect him to be in the top 30 come the start of the season, assuming you're allowed to make as many changes as you want prior to the season.

Don't get me wrong, if he goes to Newy and somehow kills it then all the power to him, but I can only judge what I saw, and what I saw was easily the worst ball handling since Aaron Whitchurch.

Shiba OUT, Croft IN. That is definitely not the sort of logical and sensible roster change that the Broncos recruitment team that we are familiar with would go for. Very happy.

Last edited:
He'd be my choice from the six if you promoted from the Development list. He's a Seibold player too.
What exactly is a Seibold player?

Not being snarky, genuinely interested

Really though??

Wapow
Martin Kennedy
Whitchurch

Are the top 3 I can think of..

Who else?
Jeez, no one can be expected to remember that far back. The 5 worst players are Boyd, Macca, Shiba, James Roberts, and one blast from the past: Ben Hunt, for losing the GF, and even he's a hazy memory now.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.