Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 50.0%

• Total voters
And then the Dragons or Roosters pick him up cheap.
Yeah it really is a shit system that if a club does the right thing and cuts one of their star players loose for doing something bad, any random club just swoops in and picks him up on the cheap. I really don't know what the solution to this is. I mean they can't be banned by the NRL forever unless some henious crime was committed or it is a repeat offender dickhead like Barba.

Yeah it really is a shit system that if a club does the right thing and cuts one of their star players loose for doing something bad, any random club just swoops in and picks him up on the cheap. I really don't know what the solution to this is. I mean they can't be banned by the NRL forever unless some henious crime was committed or it is a repeat offender dickhead like Barba.

Its interesting because I agree with a comment earlier, if the choice was to sack him with the proviso no other team can pick him up cheaply, I reckon you'd see it almost unanimous that he should be sacked.

Lets be honest here, if we sack him there is no way he is playing NRL next year at any club. Vlandys will make that pretty clear.
Im in the vote to terminate section if the next test comes back positive. It will send a very clear and powerful message to the playing group that this shit is not acceptable at the club. And i'd say this about any player in our current team as well. Enough is fucking enough. Stop pandering to these guys thinking we will be fucked without them. We are the elite club of QLD, we can find another 6 if need be.

I would be furious mate. We have enough dickheads already with Latrell, Cody (to a lesser extent) Milne etc. Bennett better not try to pull shit like that. We already have the fans squabbling amongst themselves about these types of issues. We don't want him here, he's your mess to worry about! Maybe thats why I'm so invested in this situation, I have lived it before with Latrell but we always give into him. I want to see a club kick one of their star players to the curb for being a selfish, irresponsible prick for once hehe.
Honestly i think Ezra is actually a good kid and would be a dynamite pickup. He is nothing like Latrell or Cody and the like. He's just made a mistake, and the club has used up all of its "we will be better" cards.

ok so there is team Carrigan:
Walsh
Mam
Haas
Riki
Cobbo
Arthars

And team Reyno:
Billy
Reyno has lost Oates from his corner, who I think would be one who wouldn't be afraid to voice his opinion going by how much he talks.
Herbie, Flegler and Capewell may all have been bigger losses than we see.

Assuming Hunt isn't an option (he should be - the dragons don't want him and are trying to free up cash to revamp their roster), who do we replace him with if we do sack him? I know it wasn't this simple at the time, but we virtually backed him over Dearden to partner Walsh in the spine for the next 7-10 years. Barring Walsh going to another level, I don't think we can win the comp next year with Madden or Rogers at 5/8, and longer term it makes our halves situation look beyond dire.

Unless we can use his money to sign Walker for '26 and just cop our medicine in '25, or the NRL themselves deregister him, then there's no point taking the moral highground for another club's benefit.

I'd just go with Madden for now while we groom Black. I actually think Madden could go ok if he wasn't expected to lead the attack, just chime in. I'm hardly a Madden fan but I think he struggles being the guy, maybe just being one of might help him a bit.

Walsh would have to step up a bit too, maybe he can go down the Lockyer path.

I'd just go with Madden for now while we groom Black. I actually think Madden could go ok if he wasn't expected to lead the attack, just chime in. I'm hardly a Madden fan but I think he struggles being the guy, maybe just being one of might help him a bit.

Don't forget, Madge gave Madden his first grade debut at the Tigers. I think eventually he was sort of in and out of the team and eventually Madge got sacked of course. Madge did state on several occasions though he was a big fan of Madden. I would think he will be your 6 to start off the season to see how he goes.

sizing him up for over the ditch mate?
Nah we have Metcalf. We dont have a halfback but views on him being sacked have nothing to do with whether i would want our club to get him or not (and i hope/know we wouldnt). He needs to be taught a tough lesson. It has been widely known that Broncos players are primadonnas and the good thing is that you have McGuire there now who hopefully can sort it out. Kevvie would never have been able to fix this.

Good luck to madge.

The more time goes on the harder it is to see Ezra playing for us again TBH. Sad situation for all involved but mostly for the victims of the stupidity from Ezra.

Nah we have Metcalf. We dont have a halfback but views on him being sacked have nothing to do with whether i would want our club to get him or not (and i hope/know we wouldnt). He needs to be taught a tough lesson. It has been widely known that Broncos players are primadonnas and the good thing is that you have McGuire there now who hopefully can sort it out. Kevvie would never have been able to fix this.

Good luck to madge.

(Josh) McGuire is hopefully gone with the rest of the rubbish in this clean out, last bloke you want trying to clean out anything, he is likely part of the problem.

The more time goes on the harder it is to see Ezra playing for us again TBH. Sad situation for all involved but mostly for the victims of the stupidity from Ezra.

Not really.

Neither the club nor the NRL will act until the police investigation is complete and charges (if any) are laid

The only way we should sack him is if the NRL make sure that from this point forward, anyone sacked for doing something illegal doesn't get to come back and play for another team. We cut his contract, we put him through rehab, we make sure he gets the help he needs and then only the club that sacks the player can sign him back.

Not really.

Neither the club nor the NRL will act until the police investigation is complete and charges (if any) are laid
Actually i can see that being the one thing that saves Mam - time.

Maybe DD comes out and says that last years monkey gate had a profound affect on him, his playing form dropped, he got injured and he turned to drugs. Makes his situation not an attitude problem but a health one.

By the time he is charged by Police he will already have been rehabilitated!

In private DD gives the boys their last last last last last last warning - Better behave! or else... 🤡

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • Mr Fourex
  • thenry
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brotherdu
  • mitch222
  • heartly87
  • NYCDB
  • tajhay
  • Redfern_1980
  • BrissyFan97
  • Xzei
  • Dexter
  • Tristan1990
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • HVbronco
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.