Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters
Its interesting because I agree with a comment earlier, if the choice was to sack him with the proviso no other team can pick him up cheaply, I reckon you'd see it almost unanimous that he should be sacked.
100% it's the sole reason I'm voting not to sack him.
Now, if there was a policy in place in the NRL that stated if a player is sacked for misconduct, then they are de-registered for the duration set down by the club/NRL based on the circumstances of the sacking, then I would be calling for his head.

We ban blokes from.thw game for steroids, should be the same for serious crimes.

He has put people in hospital while allegedly driving under the influence, the club has no choice but to sack him imo and the NRL need to support them. It’s unfortunate because I don’t think he’s a bad kid, he’s just made a really bad decision and will now have to be held accountable for it.

Do fans not find it strange how players are getting done for Drugs via police stops/crashing cars but not via internal testing? Has there been a player been stood down for 12 weeks as per NRL regulations if they are found to have drugs in their systems the second time around? Surely the drug testing at the clubs is a bit of a joke.

Dont even care about players doing recreational drugs. But that combined with the the act of driving (alledgedly unlicensed at that) and nearly costing people their lives is serious enough for some serious action to be taken. If the Broncos are serious about doing something about their culture, there wont be a better time to do it than now.

Do you guys think sacking mam will affect walsh as well since they are apparently so close?

He has put people in hospital while allegedly driving under the influence, the club has no choice but to sack him imo and the NRL need to support them. It’s unfortunate because I don’t think he’s a bad kid, he’s just made a really bad decision and will now have to be held accountable for it.
Yes, that's the court's job.

Do you guys think sacking mam will affect walsh as well since they are apparently so close?
He's already been busted for coke, and making a **** of himself in public, done his suspension and now is fully reformed.

It might but again, no player is bigger than the club. Losing these two would massively suck in the short term but if in the long term it helps us to fix our massive culture issues, so be it.

Hopefully for Reece's sake, it will be the wake up call he needs too. From an outsider looking in, there looks to be a fine line he is treading at times. I'm not blaming him, a young guy with the talent, looks, money and confidence could be easily led astray and prone to making dumb decisions without thinking of the possible consequences. A feeling of being bulletproof if you will.

He might now think, if this is the type of shit Ezra can end up in, maybe I could land in it too if I don't pull my head in. You would hope it is a learning experience for all players, across the NRL. Is usually just reputations being damaged, it is a heck of a lot worse when innocent human bodies take the hit, as in this situation.

Actually i can see that being the one thing that saves Mam - time.

Maybe DD comes out and says that last years monkey gate had a profound affect on him, his playing form dropped, he got injured and he turned to drugs. Makes his situation not an attitude problem but a health one.

By the time he is charged by Police he will already have been rehabilitated!

In private DD gives the boys their last last last last last last warning - Better behave! or else... 🤡
If the club ever blamed monkeygate for this it would just turn the fans off even more.

What happens if the 2nd test comes back negative. (I know, not going to happen)

The media, opposition fans will be saying cover up.

Why is anyone worried about if another team signs him? He had a shocker this year

So how long do we think it’ll take Ezra to get his head right if we decide to keep him?? Legitimately.
He looked spaced out for 6 weeks after being called names. Names! Someone said some shit to you in battle… don’t get me wrong, racism or any of that behaviour is never okay! Don’t condone it, but seriously? How will his head be after causing a front on car crash?!

Why is anyone worried about if another team signs him? He had a shocker this year
This season, yes, it was awful. I think people are probably lamenting the lost potential and immmense talent as shown by that 20 minute demolition by him resulting in 3 tries in the 23 GF. What might have been, as they say. I'm sure it is probably weighing quite heavily on Ezra's head at the moment as well.

Also, I’m sure a lot of us would have very different opinions if the occupants of the other car were more injured or killed.

Unlicensed.
Drugged (to be confirmed)
And head on crash causing an accident.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncos Maestro
  • simplythebest
  • Bronco bob
  • Redfern_1980
  • johnyE
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • leish107
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.