Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

What are you smoking!?!?! No rational person would think that. It seems everyone knows what the 5/8ths roll is in a team except for Griffin (and you by the looks of it). Hoffman provides N-O-T-H-I-N-G to our attack. No team on the planet picks a 5/8th because he's a good defender, no one! Benji had a shocking last year but he has more talent for attack in his little finger then Hoffman has fullstop. THAT cannot be argued.

Amen!

Re: Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

I'm somewhat surprised at White's attitude towards this. They cannot be so deluded down at the club to think Marshall would be worse than Hoffman in the 6.

I'm somewhat surprised that you honestly think white would say anything else publicly, regardless.

What are you smoking!?!?! No rational person would think that.

It seems everyone knows what the 5/8ths roll is in a team except for Griffin (and you by the looks of it). Hoffman provides N-O-T-H-I-N-G to our attack. No team on the planet picks a 5/8th because he's a good defender, no one!

Benji had a shocking last year but he has more talent for attack in his little finger then Hoffman has fullstop.

THAT cannot be argued.

No one is arguing that Benji can't attack in the NRL. Or, he could attack in the NRL - back in 2005, for a bit, while he was partnered by Scott Prince.

Hoffman still makes a tonne of meters for us and can tackle, which is more than can be said for Benji.

Scratch the pumpkin, I'll put a pot plant there instead.

However, the Tigers may be an obstacle to him returning to the NRL and Fairfax Media was told that they would expect any club that wanted to sign him to come to them for permission to do so.

Advertisement
"We don't want to make it difficult for Benji but we took him at his word and obviously six months on things have changed," a Wests official said. "It is a Ben Barba-type situation."

Genuine lol. They can't be fucking serious?

Genuine lol. They can't be fucking serious?

They have to be kidding. How do they even tie their shoelaces

You won't see Benji Marshall near our team unless there are no others and he comes begging to play on a very small contract. There is certainly some concern regarding Hoffman but at the moment the coach is happy and he must be allowed to coach the team how he sees fit. The season is in his hands and our performance all falls on his shoulders, do or die for Anthony Griffin.

Hoffman's defence, lol. The guy gets palmed off like he's nothing.

All these defence excuses for halves, while no one seems to care that Hodges and Gillett dud it up there too. THey are the ones who should be protecting halves, not the other way around.

Hoffman's poor one on one defence has led to two tries that I can remember.
RTS against the roosters have him a big F off and he ran in and scored and Hayne did the same thing when we played against the eels.

Both of those misses were critical and led to us losing IMO. Both misses came straight after we had scored to go in front in both of those games.

Genuine lol. They can't be ****ing serious?

Unfortunately when the released him, they didn't include a clause to the effect that he wasn't entitled to play for another NRL club.

Tigers can go whistle dixie.

I'm somewhat surprised at White's attitude towards this. They cannot be so deluded down at the club to think Marshall would be worse than Hoffman in the 6.

I'm sure White, Black, Brown, Green and even Griffin are well aware of Benji Marshall's potential and talent but as I wrote yesterday, there is a lot more to consider here. If it was Kieran Foran or a player of that ilk looking for a home you'd be on the phone to him yesterday but there's a lot more risk attached to adding someone like Benji Marshall to a squad, especially at short notice.

Those in-house rules, standards, expectations that all professional sports teams establish for themselves are sacred. So if you're weighing up a new player, you want to be certain they're going buy into all of that and not upset the apple cart, because if they don't, the effect on a team can be cancerous.

Is Benji Marshall really ready to knuckle down, swallow his pride and start training & preparing like a 21 year old with everything to prove again? As a manager / coach of a club, unless you're certain the answer is 'yes', forget it.

And from the outside looking in, Marshall still looks a few kilos overweight so you immediately question where his committment is as a professional footballer. Add to that the fact his bad games have outnumbered his good games by about four to one over the past couple of years and you start to question whether he really is a worthy investment.

He would be a truck load worse. At least Hoffman can tackle. Benji is not a good footballer any more. I'd rather play a pumpkin at 5/8 than Benji.

Hey guys just going to throw it out there, next years five-eight can't defend either so we may as well get used to it.

Halves are too important in attack to not pick them just because of their defence. You only don't pick them if their attack is rubbish.

Unfortunately when the released him, they didn't include a clause to the effect that he wasn't entitled to play for another NRL club.

Tigers can go whistle dixie.

Did you even read the first paragraph of that article, there IS a clause in the release stating that he can't play for a rival club until 2016.

so therefore if they see fit, they have every right to enforce that clause.

and if a club wants him, it will be up to them to negotiate a release with the Tigers (similar to what we did with Barba and the Bulldogs).

Im not 100% on this one, but have been told by someone close to the club that Broncos have already signed Benji???
My info is usually very good, but im not so sure on this one. [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] have you heard anything along these lines?

And from the outside looking in, Marshall still looks a few kilos overweight so you immediately question where his committment is as a professional footballer. Add to that the fact his bad games have outnumbered his good games by about four to one over the past couple of years and you start to question whether he really is a worthy investment.

I don't think worthy investments come into it when you have figures like 60,000 for one year being thrown around. Offers like that may as well have in the contract headline: "You are a washed up superstar. Earn your way back to the top." Marshall will get the message, and if he doesn't, dump his arse in the off season or trade him to some desperate club like Cronulla for a promising junior.

Hey guys just going to throw it out there, next years five-eight can't defend either so we may as well get used to it.

you are correct sir ... neither Barba or Milford can tackle

Oink !

Oh and another thing ... if Benji signs for Cronulla which seems the favoured way ... lets make enquiries re Jeff Robson

not sure what his injury is right now, but he would also be a very good acquisition for the rest of the season

is Jeff Robson your backup hooker now Cronulla ? ... Isaac DeGois available then ?

does our CEO think like this ? he better

Oink !

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.