Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Strathpine
Actually he has come out and said he intends to honour his Broncos contract ... I doubt he feels he has to say it once a week to make people happy
Sorry i must have missed that fact in the last 3 weeks or so - exactly what date did he say that quote - was it just before the season started or since Furner and Stuart have come out and said that they will be upping the anti to keep him 3 or 4 weeks ago

Can you help me here!!!!!!

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Anthony Milford says he won't back-flip on deal with Brisbane Broncos

this is the last time i can find Milford saying anything
So let me get this straight ... unless he comes out every week and says he will be playing for us in 2015, you won't be happy.

that was the last time anybody has said anything on the subject... short of the weekly article that has a 1 line quote from Furner saying he wants Milford to stay.

besides even if Milford does backflip (and there has been absolutely no indication that he intends doing that), I wouldn't want Marshall here. Hopefully, but that time our young kids will be both physically and mentally ready for the NRL, and will have continued to develop the skills in the ISC, rather than the NYC

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Sorry i must have missed that fact in the last 3 weeks or so - exactly what date did he say that quote - was it just before the season started or since Furner and Stuart have come out and said that they will be upping the anti to keep him 3 or 4 weeks ago

Can you help me here!!!!!!
Can you show me the article where Furner or Stuart even say that and not "we would love for him to stay"?

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Strathpine
before we started this bit about Milford I was actually talking about where Benji will call home for the rest of the year and I aksed does anybody KNOW - with reasonable accuracy how the salary cap tightness is for the sharks and storm and dragons and bulldogs - I know we are ok but the others moving forward ??????????

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Strathpine
no i cannot put my finger on it but it was reported that they were talking to him and would be offering him a bigger deal than we have already - and if you think that that is not happening behind closed doors then you are crazy - I hope the young man comes to us as does every other broncos supporter but reality tells me that Stuart and Furner will be scheming in the background and trying to hatch a plan and an offer to keep him - remember they have already re-located his mum and dad down there for the season
Until the 13th round is completed I will be worried

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
no i cannot put my finger on it but it was reported that they were talking to him and would be offering him a bigger deal than we have already - and if you think that that is not happening behind closed doors then you are crazy - I hope the young man comes to us as does every other broncos supporter but reality tells me that Stuart and Furner will be scheming in the background and trying to hatch a plan and an offer to keep him - remember they have already re-located his mum and dad down there for the season
Until the 13th round is completed I will be worried
FTR, he rejected a far bigger deal with the Raiders to sign with us.

The Sharks should have some cash left over (otherwise whoever manages their cap should be fire immediately). the Bulldogs reportedly offered Fifita 850k so they must have some cash available and the Dragons would likely be very tight (especially if they chase Sims as reported)

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I don't even know why this thread is even still open. Benji is not coming to the Broncos.

He wants a Sydney move, and Sharks are interested in him. I doubt Broncos will want to get into a bidding war when they have Milford coming next year...

Besides, Benji is over hyped and overrated. He is not worth the money clubs would have to pay for him.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
I don't even know why this thread is even still open. Benji is not coming to the Broncos.

He wants a Sydney move, and Sharks are interested in him. I doubt Broncos will want to get into a bidding war when they have Milford coming next year...

Besides, Benji is over hyped and overrated. He is not worth the money clubs would have to pay for him.
Under normal circumstances I would agree.
But desperate times require desperate measures, and I'm going down the awful path of wishing Hoffy has an ankle strain that will keep him out of the team for at least 4 weeks, so we can blood an actual 5/8... :redface:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Am I the only one, who has seen Triple M Brisbane say we have signed him?..
according to them we had done deal with DCE for this year and it would be announced after Manly were eliminated from last years finals. last i checked he still played for Manly

Locky24

NYC Player
Pete Badel has just said on twitter

"EXCLUSIVE: Queensland club enters the race for Benji Marshall. Full story in courier mail tomorrow."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.