Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
He played several years with my son at school and club level. I know the kid relatively well...

Oh ok. Well I hope he just finishes his Titans contract and then signs with us for 2019.

Yeah but a lot can change in 6 months. The important part to take away from the quote is that he's certainly not ruling out coming home. His tone might change when they offer him a contract extension and he realises that they're giving all of their money to Hayne
Mate. Reckon you're grasping at straws.

Kid said his heart is with the Titans.

He ain't coming back.

And I don't think that we should be waiting for him like a teenage girl waiting by the phone on a Saturday night.

Oh ok. Well I hope he just finishes his Titans contract and then signs with us for 2019.
Think you're all grasping at straws.

I'd be surprised if he comes back in 2019.

That "heart" comment suggests that he's not going anywhere for quite a while.

Mate. Reckon you're grasping at straws.

Kid said his heart is with the Titans.

He ain't coming back.

And I don't think that we should be waiting for him like a teenage girl waiting by the phone on a Saturday night.

"For now" is not something you say to the media if you actually believe you'll be at your current team long-term.

You reckon? Go tell your partner that your heart is with her, for now, and tell me how that goes...

Or just to save time, I said that to my better half just now with no context just to see and presently, I'm hiding behind an turned upturned couch with variously sharpened knives flying in my vicinity. Up to you if you want to try it as well. ;)

You reckon? Go tell your partner that your heart is with her, for now, and tell me how that goes...
Gee mate you're reading a lot into the words "for now".

He could mean anything or nothing by it.

Think you're grasping at straws.

Or just to save time, I said that to my better half just now with no context just to see and presently, I'm hiding behind an turned upturned couch with variously sharpened knives flying in my vicinity. Up to you if you want to try it as well. ;)
I have a mate who when he meets new people introduces his wife as his first wife. I think he is psychic.

He means for now.

As in, he is not sure his heart will be there in the future, but for now it is.

I think we can all agree on two things re Taylor's release. 1) Bennett is not an idiot and 2) No coach in the nrl has proven record of long term strategic thinking than Clint.

I have no doubt in my mind that he foresaw our need for Taylor back in the future and had a hand in him being released to a club just down the road. If Taylor comes back in '18 or '19 would anyone argue that we'd be less likely to get a premiership than if he'd spent the prior seasons playing in Q-Cup or off the bench for us? Rather than playing first grade at the titans?

I think Bennett will try and nab him for 18 if he starts the season well, but as I've mentioned in other threads, I think 19/20 will be the years Bennett plans to have another real crack at the title. He will be high on our recruitment list for those seasons, but not our only contingency.

Dosen't sound convincing! Will have to see how it pans out !

Last edited:

And you're reading a lot into "heart"

We can all agree, surely, that the statement is not definitive either way, therefore we cannot state with any certainty his statement means he is coming home, or not coming home

But the statement is not "I wanna be a Titan for life" and as such it is reasonable to say his statement offers us some level of hope he will return

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.