VOTE Should the club roll the dice on Tevita Pangai Jr again?

Would you like to see Tevita Pangai Jr playing for the Broncos again?

• Total voters
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Tevita Pangai Jr needs no introduction. Potentially, an immortal. In practice, a liability. No coach has managed to get a season out him. He's left behind a trail of destruction and failure accompanied by serial espressions of contrition and promises.

Well, he's back, sniffing for a contract that could potentially see him finish the back end of the season with us. Are you in or out?

before the xfer window closes and cheap why not if we have the money/room doesnt mean we have to play him if the team is humming along but a handy back up if shit goes wrong for the tail end of the season.

I think the money would be better spent on our existing players
like who?
also outside the trip to the barber during covid what did he do wrong here?

like who?
also outside the trip to the barber during covid what did he do wrong here?
We just had to shed Farnworth, Flegler, Palasia and Capewell because we didn't have the spare cash lying around to throw their way. And we will struggle to keep all our rising stars starting with Walsh. If we have 300k to spare we might be better off throwing it towards retention.

As for what he did wrong, the better question is what has he done right? He has a long established record of not delivering on potential. And worse, his biggest asset is his high-risk offload, which bites his team on the arse more than it comes off. Watch his only Origin game if you need to know more.

We just had to shed Farnworth, Flegler, Palasia and Capewell because we didn't have the spare cash lying around to throw their way. And we will struggle to keep all our rising stars starting with Walsh. If we have 300k to spare we might be better off throwing it towards retention.

As for what he did wrong, the better question is what has he done right? He has a long established record of not delivering on potential. And worse, his biggest asset is his high-risk offload, which bites his team on the arse more than it comes off. Watch his only Origin game if you need to know more.

People also forget that complete penalty magnet he was.

We just had to shed Farnworth, Flegler, Palasia and Capewell because we didn't have the spare cash lying around to throw their way. And we will struggle to keep all our rising stars starting with Walsh, with loads more on the way. If we have 300k to spare we might be better off throwing it towards retention.

i dont think it is going to be anywhere near close to 300k maybe 200k for the remainder of the season would have to do the math on how many weeks left before nov 1 to get a better idea.
who else is off contract atm that we need to retain?

i dont think it is going to be anywhere near close to 300k maybe 200k for the remainder of the season would have to do the math on how many weeks left before nov 1 to get a better idea.
who else is off contract atm that we need to retain?
It's not just off contract; it's forward loading to balance the cap in advance.

It's not just off contract; it's forward loading to balance the cap in advance.
well i guess there are two camps of thought on that you either pay it forward or hold on to your money and see what bargains come up before the deadline for the tail end of the year even 200k would net you a 650k player for the remainder of the year if for some reason there club moved them on or they were available.

well i guess there are two camps of thought on that you either pay it forward or hold on to your money and see what bargains come up before the deadline for the tail end of the year even 200k would net you a 650k player for the remainder of the year if for some reason there club moved them on or they were available.
I think we already have all the cattle we need, other than maybe one more decent edge forward. But hanging onto them is going to be a struggle.

Pangai is a middle. We already have Haas, Carrigan, Jensen, Taupau, Baker, Te Kura and Willison.

TPJ's mouth is his biggest enemy.

Can he be trusted?

If he had at least came out and apologised for his really negative comments on the game of rugby league, and explained himself .. but he couldn't even own it.

If he had owned it, it would show that he actually understood his own words and the effect that they've had on the wider rugby league community.

Has he addressed the comment he made where he said he does not like being told what to do?

What employer in their right mind would hire this person.

Hard no from me.

TPJ's mouth is his biggest enemy.

Can he be trusted?

If he had at least came out and apologised for his really negative comments on the game of rugby league, and explained himself .. but he couldn't even own it.

If he had owned it, it would show that he actually understood his own words and the effect that they've had on the wider rugby league community.

Has he addressed the comment he made where he said he does not like being told what to do?

What employer in their right mind would hire this person.

Hard no from me.
This is the real problem with him. He's liable to affect the playing culture. Also the last thing we want is his mate SBW floating around the club.

I think we already have all the cattle we need, other than maybe one more decent edge forward. But hanging onto them is going to be a struggle.

Pangai is a middle. We already have Haas, Carrigan, Jensen, Taupau, Baker, Te Kura and Willison.
i always thought he was better on an edge personally and was really wasted in the middle
and i think it was a shame he didnt get to play with the 2022 squad

This is the real problem with him. He's liable to affect the playing culture. Also the last thing we want is his mate SBW floating around the club.
Compare him to Walsh.

Reece had a bit of a mouth on the field and got stung for it. Within 12 hours, he had come out and said that he recognised he was doing that and was proceeding to get counselling to help him manage it better.

People only respected him for that.

TPJ .. honestly, i don't think he could care less. 🤷‍♀️

Only if he's willing to drop the SBW/Mundine cohort he calls mates. 1 year cheap deal.

At best he is a very loose cannon, at worst he is a disaster just waiting to happen to The Broncos.

Only if he's willing to drop the SBW/Mundine cohort he calls mates. 1 year cheap deal.
He won't. Remember .. he does not like to be told what to do.

He talks like a rebellious 8 year old brat.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • Spooky1013
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Maddy
  • Socnorb
  • mrslong
  • Skathen
  • Jedhead
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.