Siebold was never the problem, change my mind

Was Gentle not hired by Seibold as well?

100% Seibold was the problem, an over ambitious rookie coach who got the keys to the castle, and burned the place down.

Last edited:
I've not been bothered to vent much as it's all been said already. However....

Seibold inherited a side full of attacking weapons/potential but lacking direction. Like many I had hopes he would bring a fresh approach and systems to squeeze the extra 10% the side was lacking to compete against the top sides.

Instead, we went backwards in virtually every defining metric. You can attribute a measure of that to the injury toll, loss of conditioning during covid isolation and poor player culture (driven by lack of accountable leadership).

That said, it was frequently apparent that the team had no direction or cohesion on either side of the ball. They frequently looked like they'd not played a minute together in their life.

Life after Seibold has been far from pretty, but they've at least resembled a football team, albeit a poor one.

Sad consolation to take moral victories for 12-18 point losses, but we're a far cry from earlier capitulations. See: 48-0 to a mid tier Tigers team in the rain or making the Titans look like world beaters in round 7.

There's a lot of work to do over the off season but I'm convinced we'll be in the eight again next year with a competent coach at the helm.

I've not been bothered to vent much as it's all been said already. However....

Seibold inherited a side full of attacking weapons/potential but lacking direction. Like many I had hopes he would bring a fresh approach and systems to squeeze the extra 10% the side was lacking to compete against the top sides.

Instead, we went backwards in virtually every defining metric. You can attribute a measure of that to the injury toll, loss of conditioning during covid isolation and poor player culture (driven by lack of accountable leadership).

That said, it was frequently apparent that the team had no direction or cohesion on either side of the ball. They frequently looked like they'd not played a minute together in their life.

Life after Seibold has been far from pretty, but they've at least resembled a football team, albeit a poor one.

Sad consolation to take moral victories for 12-18 point losses, but we're a far cry from earlier capitulations. See: 48-0 to a mid tier Tigers team in the rain or making the Titans look like world beaters in round 7.

There's a lot of work to do over the off season but I'm convinced we'll be in the eight again next year with a competent coach at the helm.

I agree with this. Interesting when you say "They frequently looked like they'd not played a minute together in their life." I'd say that's actually pretty much right, and goes a long way to explaining the shambles. The injuries affected us very heavily, we had no settled combinations anywhere, especially the spine. Turpin's loss was huge. Not excusing Seibold, just putting in my 5c worth of perspective.

In my opinion and my own work experience in both leading teams and being led by good, bad and absolutely hopeless organisations, Seibs gets AT LEAST 90% of the blame with the rest being spread to the Broncos board and individual players.

As others have said, it always starts from the top and these last 2 years have shown Seibs has no aptitude in LEADING! As much as Wayne’s old methods weren’t working in the modern game (funny that Souths are okay with it), at least he has the balls to follow thru on dropping players for poor performances.

I’ve said multiple times that Seibs is always wanting to play the ‘cool uncle’ (1st hand information from a friend where Seibs was his school teacher) and never showed any spine. Probably very fitting given our spine is one of the worst in the league.

Who said I'm unemployed? :) very boring and uncreative reply though, attempting to attack the man and not the arguement? Shouldn't expect anything more from Broncos fan though, generally lack the intelligence to debate a topic.
Let’s talk. SIXTY FUCKING POINTS. Even the worst Broncos team in history didn’t get SIXTY put on them.

Pretty much this IMO.
Seibold is gone, but the entitled players remain.
There's a whole show bag of problems with the club but it's clear that Pies and his support staff who seem to have been chosen on the basis that they were never going to challenge him for the coaching role, didn't help!

There are clearly problems with the decision making at the club, this would lend itself to the one powerful figure who can take control and actually make sensible long term choices, say a Bellamy or a Bennett as coaching director :)

I haven't seen a postive F/A since Bennett left. Feeling okay with 12 point losses wasn't a thing under Bennett.

I haven't seen a postive F/A since Bennett left. Feeling okay with 12 point losses wasn't a thing under Bennett.

true ... but what was becoming a regular occurrence under Bennett, was making the finals only to be thumped.

did we choose the right replacement? ... no, not with the team we had ... although following Bennett has proved to be a poisoned chalice. so maybe it was a good thing Kevvie was overlooked as his replacement.

true ... but what was becoming a regular occurrence under Bennett, was making the finals only to be thumped.

did we choose the right replacement? ... no, not with the team we had ... although following Bennett has proved to be a poisoned chalice. so maybe it was a good thing Kevvie was overlooked as his replacement.
Following the guy who followed Bennett seems to be pretty poisonous as well. Just ask Anthony Griffin, Paul McGregor, and Nathan Brown

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.