Socceroos shoot to rank 16!

Do the rankings determine how they pick the pools for the WC?

I believe it's based on some formula that uses performances in previous world cups & world rankings.

Cool. Well that would augur well for a good pool draw if the socceroos are rated in the top 16 and made the top 16 last world cup.

The rankings are still a load of BS.

This is a great achievement for Australian Soccer and all congrats to the FFA for all the work they have put into the sport over the past few years.

the world cup pools are mainly determined by previous world cups, but it has some element of fifa rankings as well.

One time NZ ranked as high as 30, I think that was back in 04 or 05. A crock id you ask me.

But the Socceroos have been doing well, congrats, but the rankings do nothing to add to their reputation. Winning more games against tough opponents, and progressing through the World Cup will be what defines them.

No shit.

NZ finished top of Oceania this year right? So they'd have a play off against 5th place from Asia to qualify for the WC?

Active Now

• Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • Manlyman
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.