Someone Teach the Broncos Dummy half running!

Michaels has been very poor so far this season but I think he will get better. As for Winterstein in the centres with Yow Yeh on the wing I think that would make our left side a target for oppostion side due to the inexperienced guys paired up together. Alex Glenn would be a better option but he is inexperienced too.

nopatience101 said:
Hodges is a great dummy half runner, so is hunt, and I'm sure someone can dig some stats up to prove this... its called scoot plays, they're doing it to help out their forwards, not to make linebreaks, you cant have a backline of hookers ffs....

On the contrary I think Hodges has about 30% or less success rate of a good dumy half run. Like I said, most of the time he stands still then tries to stomp over the markers. Hardly works.

ningnangnong said:
Haha give up Beads, Coxy has been against Folau playing centre ever since we announced his signing.

FTR, i think he would be an excellent centre. You don't need to be fast and evasive if you have the size and strength of Folau. Besides, his footwork isn't all that bad.

:roll: I have, on numerous occasions, stated why I think Folau is a winger, not a centre.

Most people who say he should play centre say it's because "he's paid too much to be a winger". What a fucking retarded reason!

He's shown very little in his 3 years in the top grade that he can work in set moves or chime into the backline. He simply gets the ball close to the line and barges over, or catches bombs. That's a winger's job, leave him there.

+10000000 Coxy.

Falou is the games best finisher. He should (and will) only be used in the centres when there is no great alternatives.

Kapow!

Now, I also would like to add that I think Michaels looks off the pace, but it doesn't help he has a newbie like Summerpot who's not blessed with huge amounts of confidence, as good as he has been of late.

I would like to just see Summerpot and Yow Yeh swapped. Give Summerpot some Q Cup time.

And if Michaels doesn't improve in the next 2-3 rounds, give him some Q Cup time and put Alex Glenn into the 3.

But for now, use Glenn as our utility interchange who can cover a variety of backline and forward positions.

Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:
Haha give up Beads, Coxy has been against Folau playing centre ever since we announced his signing.

FTR, i think he would be an excellent centre. You don't need to be fast and evasive if you have the size and strength of Folau. Besides, his footwork isn't all that bad.

:roll: I have, on numerous occasions, stated why I think Folau is a winger, not a centre.

Most people who say he should play centre say it's because "he's paid too much to be a winger". What a **** retarded reason!

He's shown very little in his 3 years in the top grade that he can work in set moves or chime into the backline. He simply gets the ball close to the line and barges over, or catches bombs. That's a winger's job, leave him there.

No need to roll your eyes there champion.

Coxy said:
lyn said:
Hodges is great at it.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!! He's woeful!

The only one who seems to have any idea is McCullough. Three or four times last night he darted from dummyhalf and almost got through.

As a hooker, McCulloughs d/h running is on the back of forwards going forward, and he is getting in there to engage markers, get forwards getting in behidn tight spots and catching teams offisde. Outside backs need to get wide to C dfenders (3rd defender wide of the ruck) then start moving forward, quick play the ball and help give the forwards mroe space to get open. McCullough is great at it, but Hodges generally does what backs should do - get wide then go forward. Sometiems he ambles about it but can really run well from d/h when teams are getting out from their own end.

lockyer47 said:
nopatience101 said:
Hodges is a great dummy half runner, so is hunt, and I'm sure someone can dig some stats up to prove this... its called scoot plays, they're doing it to help out their forwards, not to make linebreaks, you cant have a backline of hookers ffs....

On the contrary I think Hodges has about 30% or less success rate of a good dumy half run. Like I said, most of the time he stands still then tries to stomp over the markers. Hardly works.
thats why coaches prepare every week for Hodges running from dummy half, hes not going to make a line break every time he does it but he doesnt have to either, most of the time hes in there with the rest of the backs helping out the forwards with scoot plays from inside our 40... not including hookers he is one of the best in the comp at it and im pretty sure last year lead the stats for linebreaks from dummy half...

I wont deny he makes line breaks from Dh that is for sure, but I think we DO need some of those metre stealing runs sometimes. Anyway, it is just food for thought, I wish Ennis stayed, but I guess Andrew might be a long term option for us. We still have Marsh as well but I don't rate him that highly.
Not a fan of Gorrell.

i would prefer to see hodges getting it 1 off the ruck instead of darting from dummy half. give him some time to see where to run and throw in a step. also he needs to run it from scrums. sometimes he can shift it wide fast and hook up with Israel.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.