SOO Teams 2010

LOL tru just ask Ray Warren

Only care about Queensland, gonna assume Lockyer will play on.

1. Slater
2. Tuqiri
3. Inglis
4. Tate
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison
---------------------
14. Hannant
15. Shillington
16. Costigan (hasn't played yet this year I know but if he comes back in good form he is there on the back of that plus his performance in game 3 last year)
17. Cronk

Geez we're lacking a bench utility this year. No choice but to pick a half on the bench I reckon.

QLD:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Tuqiri
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Hannant
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Stagg

14. Price
15. Shillington
16. Harrison
17. Bolton

NSW:
1. Gidley (if fit)
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Ryles
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Bailey
15. O'Donnell
16. Tolman
17. Tupou

Coxy said:
Ugh, 2 rounds in and people are picking Origin teams! LOL

Ah well, at least it's decent.

People talk about Origin from round 1!!!!

I dont think anything matters apart from the HALVES for NSW. The rest are all pretty straight forward. That is THE decision the NSW selectors have to make!

Im very surprised at all the ppl leaving tonga out and putting folau in centre. hes played only a handful of games at centre recently, while tonga is in brilliant form. his defence is second to none in the centres, and him and thurston have a brilliant combo. Add into that boyds poor form and i cant see any reason not to have folau on the wing where he has played all his origin, and tonga in the centres. dont forget how tonga ripped them a new one last year with his defence alone giving us 2 tries if i remember correctly.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Im very surprised at all the ppl leaving tonga out and putting folau in centre. hes played only a handful of games at centre recently, while tonga is in brilliant form. his defence is second to none in the centres, and him and thurston have a brilliant combo. Add into that boyds poor form and i cant see any reason not to have folau on the wing where he has played all his origin, and tonga in the centres. dont forget how tonga ripped them a new one last year with his defence alone giving us 2 tries if i remember correctly.

Boyds poor form?

watch him last night?

leave Tuqiri out, Izzy to wing and Tonga in the centre

1.B.Slater J.Hayne
2.L.Tuqiri B.Morris
3.G.Inglis M.Cooper
4.W.Tonga M.Jennings
5.I.Folau T.Tahu
6.D.Lockyer T.Carney
7.J.Thurston J.Mullen
8.S.Price M.Weyman
9.C.Smith M.Ennis
10.P.Civo J.Poore
11.S.Thaiday A.Watmough
12.A.Harrison B.Creagh
13.N.Myles L.O'Donnell

14.B.Hannant A.Tolman
15.D.Shillington T.Waterhouse
16.M.Crocker B.Cross
17.S.Bolton L.Lewis

We don't need a utility, Harrison can cover hooker/halves if the unthinkable happens and we lose 6,7,9. I think that NSW would be very hard to beat aswell.

QUEENSLANDER said:

I love how your the only one who is right come origin time because your the guru and the only person on this earth who knows anything about origin!

Anyone who thinks Boyd is in poor form obviously knows what they are talking about....

The Gymp said:
Anyone who thinks Boyd is in poor form obviously knows what they are talking about....

+1. Boyd is the form fullback in the comp right now.

He was a nightmare for the Cowboys defenders last night, every time he got the ball he beat the first man and usually put someone into a gap.

Coxy said:
The Gymp said:

+1. Boyd is the form fullback in the comp right now.

Not to mention he keeps getting better and better. Shame about him not being in form though..

The only thing that's standing in Boyd's way of retaining his spot on the wing is his outstanding form at fullback IMO. No doubt in the world that over the first few rounds he has been the form fullback in the comp, but would he still be a good winger? He hasn't played club fullback on the wing since he left the Broncos and he didn't have the best Origin series last year on the wing. He now looks 100% like a natural fullback to me so maybe we're better off going for someone who plays in the outside backs for their club. Obviously Slater, Inglis and Folau pick themselves (with Folau on the wing, not centre), with Tonga and Tate to fight it out for the right centre position, and I think Boyd might find it tough to retain his spot on the left wing, especially given the good form of Tuqiri and Tomane over the first 3 rounds.

But yeh all that is probably irrelevant now that I think about it as Boyd is in terrible form...

I wouldn't be worried about having Boyd on the left wing though. He has a good comination with Inglis and is as safe as any winger they would select in front of him. It will be tough in the slection room this year IMO. No doubt they will want to pick Tate so should be interesting.

I think Queenslander might of meant Boyd's origin form.

A bit of a pickle if the selectors are serious about Tuqiri...

Personal POV - I love watching him play and I'm glad his back in our game. He's admitted many times he would have stayed/played league if the money was there and there is no shame in that IMO.
Anyways I don't buy into that he doesn't 'deserve' a spot rubbish.

Jeb makes a good point though - Boyd on the wing for one off games?... hmmm...

Active Now

• Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Maddy
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • Waynesaurus
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.