SOO Teams 2010

3 games ago I would have agreed with you FB, but I don't think he would be out of place at all on the bench right now

Don't get me wrong I am Te'o's biggest fan, I just don't think he's quite ready - despite how he has stepped it up the last few matches. For him, the Broncos and Qld's sake - I still well remember what happened after Webb, Carlaw, Meyers etc were selected too young and too early (IMO) for Origin, yeah they had terrific series' but went very downhill from there.

Perhaps...but was Brad Meyers ever going to be really ready for rep footy?

And with Webb and Carlaw I'm not sure that picking them too early for Origin had much to do with their subsequent lacklustre careers - I think that was more of a lack of application on both their parts.

I'm not fussed either way as to whether QLD pick Te'o or not as we have an abundance of talent right now, but if they do I'm sure he'd provide some hard running and solid defence off the bench

What are Snowden's chances for a QLD spot... i didn't even know he was a Queenslander.

Foordy said:
What are Snowden's chances for a QLD spot... i didn't even know he was a Queenslander.

Kade Snowden? He's not, he's from NSW.

Scotty said:
Foordy said:

Kade Snowden? He's not, he's from NSW.

sorry i read the article wrong [icon_lol1.

I'm not 100% sure about this side...
1. Slater - Not in doubt
2. Tuqiri - Even though Boyd is playing well and was there last year I think Tuqiri adds size and is a big game player.
3. Tonga - Shouldn't be in doubt
4. Inglis- Not in doubt
5. Falou - Not in doubt
6. Lockyer- Not in doubt
7. Thurston- Not in doubt
8. Hannant- Not in doubt
9. Friend - I like his speed around the ruck, although I'd be just as happy if Ballin or Payne played.
10. Petero- Not in doubt
11. Thaiday- Not in doubt
12. Myles- Not in doubt
13. Harrison/Parker - Parker is really in great form at the moment and wouldn't be out of place

14. Cronk / T'eo - Both are smokies, Cronk seems too good to leave out and can play as Hooker. T’eo has been in great from and we need a utility, just not sure who would be best to fill this role.
15. Shillington - Shouldn't be in doubt
16. Bolton / Crocker - Boltons form warrants selection, but Crocker is the sort of player we need, trouble is he hasn't played enough footy lately.
17. Taylor/Costigan - Again we need an impact player off the bench and Taylor gives us size and creativity and Costigan bring mongrel.

Browny said:
Isnt Hannant going to miss Origin 1?

from the courier mail

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/ben ... 5867150284

Hannant, who had knee surgery in April, revealed he could be fit in time for Origin I.

"I hope to play Origin," he said. I got told I'd miss three to four weeks, so I could be a chance. I'm doing everything I can to get back.

"It's a big honour to play for your state so I'll be doing everything to get back for Origin I."

If we lose game 1 or 2 and our forward pack fails to fire, bring te'o in for a shot, as he is getting to be the type of player that could turn a match with a big hit or a hard charging run.

Next year he'll be there for sure IMO, but probably best to keep him out of the origin arena this year if we can. Also, come contract time it's better for us if he hasn't played origin lol

if I was a selector:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Hannant
9. Cronk
10. Petero
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. T'eo
15. Shillington
16. Bolton
17. Taylor

18. Gillet - give him the experience of being in the camp as he'll be there next year.

The Rock said:
QLD will pick Boyd purely for loyalty, which is nice and all but seriously, it would be mighty tough to leave Tuqiri out.
I agree with you on both points

I think Boyd's playing a lot better than Tuqiri at the moment. He's proven he can handle Origin on the wing and he's improved since playing Origin last year.

Boyd's a shoe-in.

The teams are released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

Are both teams selected tomorrow? Didn't NSW pick their side on Monday and Queensland did the regular Tuesday thing last year?

Or am I just losing my memory with age..

I actually have no idea, I just remember someone saying both teams are out tomorrow night.

But what you've just said sounds about right.

Damn!

Yeah, QLD will do theirs on Tuesday.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.