Souths

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Will be interesting to see how they fare in 2014. Had the feeling that this was their year to win but teams have the habit of delivering a season later. At least this has been true for teams like Brisbane (06), Manly (08) & Storm (07*, 09* and 12).

On paper, Souths go into next year a little weaker but if they can develop the likes of Walker, Keary, Phillips, Gray & Koroisau, they could make the next step. Even the Burgess twins have more in them and I expect them to feature more prominently.

Next year I expect to see...

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Beau Champion
4. Dylan Walker
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Jeff Lima
11. Chris McQueen
12. Ben Te'o
13. Sam Burgess

14. Luke Keary
15. David Tyrrell
16. Tom Burgess
17. George Burgess

Something along those lines to begin with and then I can see Keary moving to the 6 with the forwards shuffling around to accommodate the move. Maguire is going to have to hope either Phillips or Gray step up otherwise they'll be exposed out-wide. Will be interesting to see if these rumours about Ferguson pan out. I can see him coming 'good' at Souths.

Personally, I didn't think Souths should have been admitted back into the competition. Honestly, the last thing the competition needed was another team in Sydney and their presence weakened the competition for a number of years. However, the fact Crowe and co. were able to turn things around and transform their image from a joke to one of the best clubs in the competition speaks volumes.

Aside from the GI fiasco, I can't understand how anybody from Queensland can hate them. We hear jack all about them and honestly there really isn't a rivalry to speak of between the two clubs. Just seems really random to me - like having a beef with Hugh Jackman.

Last edited:
T

tripletreat

Sep 30, 2013
Adam Reynolds is the next Jamie Soward most over rated player in the game. Can't tackle, Can't run and Can't pass.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Aside from the GI fiasco, I can't understand how anybody from Queensland can hate them. We hear jack all about them and honestly there really isn't a rivalry to speak of between the two clubs. Just seems really random to me - like having a beef with Hugh Jackman.

Their fans... and the fact that the club's marketing department / Rusty's BS'ing has been completely hypocritical, yet the fans and the public just lap it up like gospel.

PS. My beef with Hugh Jackman is that he is such a bad arse, then goes and stars in the Boy From Oz, puncing around with jazz hands. And those ads for iced tea where he spontaneously breaks in to dance? Pick a role Hugh! Either you're the star of Glee or you're hacking away at your enemies sans vital organs.

Last edited:
Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I've begun to dislike Souths recently because of the arrogance much of their fan base are guilty of. Beating their chests about glories had 40 years ago. Not to mention the bias shown towards them in commentary circles. "If South Sydney are doing well, rugby league is doing well", how about if all of the teams are financially stable with a bright future, rugby league is doing well. The Souths wankfest has been going for a while and its annoying. I hold no ill feelings towards them for being successful this season, good on them for getting as far as they did, but its almost as insufferable as when Andrew Johns was in his prime and the likes of Rabs would be rubbing one out to him mid game when the fat arsed prick wasn't even playing.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I live in Sydney and I don't like being told that Souths are my 2nd favourite team. That just adds to the resentment i have for them, plus the fact they are now a strong team so its easier to hate them. I find it easier to hate on Souths and Storm than i do Parra and Tigers.

It still hurts me to see Inglis carrying them when i think what could have been

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Adam Reynolds is the next Jamie Soward most over rated player in the game. Can't tackle, Can't run and Can't pass.

Reynolds has got a very good all round game and has very good game-reading and phenomenal goal-kicking ability. He needs to lift in the big games though.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
I live in Sydney and I don't like being told that Souths are my 2nd favourite team. That just adds to the resentment i have for them, plus the fact they are now a strong team so its easier to hate them. I find it easier to hate on Souths and Storm than i do Parra and Tigers.

I couldn't agree more with this! No Rabs, Souths are NOT everyone's second favourite team, in fact, some of us don't have second favourite teams - just teams we hate less than the likes of Souths!

I chuckled pretty hard on Friday night I gotta say. Although I guess they can cling to the whole "most successful club in the history of the game" thing for a while longer...nevermind the fact that the vast majority of those wins were in a comp not even vaguely resembling what we have had for the last 40 years, and at least one of them came in the shadiest of circumstances

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Were all the above answers enough for you BP? :tongue_smilie:

Can I just add that Twitzid doesn't deserve to cop this crap, as he is one of the most grounded Rabbits, and for that matter, footy fans I know (at least here on BHQ).
The other Souffs fans I know are seriously not only deluded, but insufferable now that their club is having a successful spell. Every second sentence is about the pride of the league or being where they belong... ugh! :001_rolleyes:

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Were all the above answers enough for you BP? :tongue_smilie:

Can I just add that Twitzid doesn't deserve to cop this crap, as he is one of the most grounded Rabbits, and for that matter, footy fans I know (at least here on BHQ).
The other Souffs fans I know are seriously not only deluded, but insufferable now that their club is having a successful spell. Every second sentence is about the pride of the league or being where they belong... ugh! :001_rolleyes:

Amen. Kudos Twitzid, please bitch-slap your cohorts.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I don't have too big of an issue with Souths due to my dads love of them. The CH9 wankfest gets a bit much though. Would LOVE to have seen Sonics face on Friday night though

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't have too big of an issue with Souths due to my dads love of them. The CH9 wankfest gets a bit much though. Would LOVE to have seen Sonics face on Friday night though

Oh you know it!

tumblr_mpr7lgEPuL1r3xpy3o1_400.jpg

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Were all the above answers enough for you BP?

Clearly people need to watch The Prestige.

Oh on Souths? Not really, because it's mostly a NSW perspective. I still find it completely random from anybody in Queensland given how little press they receive...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Clearly people need to watch The Prestige.

Oh on Souths? Not really, because it's mostly a NSW perspective. I still find it completely random from anybody in Queensland given how little press they receive...
There are Souffs supporters north of the border too, and they are as noisy (read insufferable) as the ones from down south, besides Ch. 9 and Fox Sports broadcasts are no different in NSW or Qld.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't see how it sets them apart from any other ex-pat NSW supporter in Queensland, or how the media portrays several other underdog teams tbh.

You must know some shocking supporters.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I don't see how it sets them apart from any other ex-pat NSW supporter in Queensland, or how the media portrays several other underdog teams tbh.

You must know some shocking supporters.
Seriously? You haven't noticed the jizz fest over Souffs on pretty much every TV show and/or game broadcast? :scared:

I know plenty of people who support Sydney teams, but none of them gets even close to the souffs loudmouths in their sense of entitlement and expectation.
You should've heard them carrying on about the Inglis saga, and how every player would pick Souffs over the Broncos or any other team in the NRL, because no other jersey represents as much to Rugby League as theirs, and it's only a matter of time until they rightfully dominate the NRL and other nauseating shit like that... Seriously, no other team has fans like that!

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.