Split in the Kangaroos

I was just reading this, but decided not to post it, as like you say Browny, it's typical Paul Kent douchebaggery.

The fella just wants a reaction. There's probably a little bit of tension between the players when they first head into camp, but I doubt it's a major issue as they spend more time together.

Although it's probably an issue for Greg Bird, because he's a constable.

Easy solution, just pick the entire qld team for Australia... Nsw can EAD

EXACTLY what I was going to post!! We'd play better than a mixed-breed Aussie team, despite the fact they arguably have stronger players in a couple of positions...but it will NEVER happen.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that Ricky's sooking has clearly rubbed off on his players if they don't want to play for Australia because they'll have to play with the QLD players. That's just pathetic, and completely the wrong attitude. No wonder they can't win a series. Put your big boy pants on, NSW!!

I also want to point out two things in this section:

"Merrin was motivated to hit Tate not only because he just saw him shove Gallen, but because by then the Queenslanders, well in front, had begun taunting the NSW players. Laughing at them, sledging them.

Merrin is close to the last player in the Blues camp most expected to start a blue. Yet he felt the respect evaporating and decided to take some back. Rightly or wrongly, depending on where you're from.

Gallen's motivation in Game I was a belief that Myles continually fouled the NSW players with his formidable forehead. And for more than just this year's series.

Again, the punch was a decision made on more than the spur of the moment
."

1 - Merrin lashed out at a bloke who had his head down because he couldn't take some sledging? LOL...best 'excuse' I've ever heard...

2 - Gallen's punch was NOT a spur of the moment as he claimed. As many of us said at the time, it was clearly a calculated move. Absolutely he should have been sent off.

3 - NSW is starting to understand the hate built into QLD from the pre-Origin days. This bodes well for Origin in future years.

4 - NSW really, really need to man up. FMD, do they understand how pathetic this whinging sounds? Oh, the big, bad QLDers...geez, if they put the effort into mental toughness that they do into complaining, they might come away with a win for a change. I'd be disappointed with the defeatist, "but Mum they're mean" attitude if I were a NSW supporter. It's professional sport, guys - you get paid more over those 3 games than most people earn in a year - there will always be a winner and a loser - suck it up FFS!

Last edited:
I often wonder is there a single person that takes Paul kent seriously? Or is everyone like me and just read his shit because you want to find out how low he actually will go?

Sounds like a real private conversation that unnamed player was having, so private that kent overheard and has now shared it with he's readers.

And apparently Merrin punched Tate because he had to earn back some respect. Yes Paul, nothing quite earns respect like dog shotting someone that isn't even looking.

A complete non-story and a waste of time. These blokes are fierce rivals and enemies during Origin time but when they are about to play a test for Australia state loyalty goes out the window.

I would love to see what kent answer to this supposed situation is. Hmmm let me guess, let NSW win a series?

Active Now

• barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ondi
  • Stix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.