OFFICIAL Staggs Commits for 4 Years

Wighton started as a centre in the NRL. Extremely powerful runner, same as Staggs.

I have no doubt Staggs can get back to his best. Multiple knee injuries didn't hamper Tedesco.

Must admit, i dont see Wighton's game anything like Kotoni. He he made his name as a ball running fullback, Staggs best plays come from being a powerful edge runner. He isnt going to get the space playing in the middle plus he is going to have big forwards running at him. His defence isnt great as it is, and despite him being a powerful runner, that doesnt necessarily translate to him being able to cope with 105kg+ forwards running at you, he will be doing a lot more work.

I don't think you can compare Wighton and Staggs. Wighton always had a bit more passing and ball playing to his game, even from his early days. He also had all the spine around him to help make up for any deficiencies he might have had.

It's not like he has a contract saying he has to be played there. It would be a verbal promise that he'll be given a fair crack. If it doesn't work out we still have an excellent centre and being at 5/8 might teach him a few things about setting up his winger.

It's worth a shot, the market isn't flush with 5/8s so you have to take a gamble... Lol.

Staggs will play about 4 games of 6 and shit the bed before moving back to the centres. That is providing he lasts the off season without having his contract torn up.

They've obviously been sitting on this to counter the Coates blow but Staggs doesnt strike me as a bronco and I find it really hard to stomach the bloke.
Ummm what?

I don't think you can compare Wighton and Staggs. Wighton always had a bit more passing and ball playing to his game, even from his early days. He also had all the spine around him to help make up for any deficiencies he might have had.
Wasnt Wighton a fullback for a while too?

This is great news for a lot of reasons. A) He adds power and speed to our backline, a real attacking threat. B) He adds options, you can test him at fullback and 5/8. C) He keeps star power at the club, he is a draw to other players. D) He is a Bronco, we have not lost another one and need not go to the market.

I have always loved watching this bloke, has been one of the only bright sparks at the club for the last couple of years.

I wonder how Milford will play on Saturday night knowing his position has already been promised away?
I reckon Milford is going to play the best he has in years for the rest of this season.
He has to, or its off to England.

I reckon Milford is going to play the best he has in years for the rest of this season.
He has to, or its off to England.
Probably as he's finally got a half worth a pinch of shit next to him.

Another area that Wighton is really good, imo, is kicking. I haven't really paid attention to the Raiders this season but he usually puts the opposing team under a lot of pressure with well timed and placed kicks.

Milford is gone, no need to be upset about it.

You can watch him at another club next year 👍

Don’t know if any one on here loves Milford enough to get up at 3am on a Sunday morning to watch him turn out for Hull KR.

Im up around that time lol and he would prolly kill it over there

Staggs has a win over Australia playing 5/8
Let that sink in

Wouldn’t be the same game a certain Tesi Niu made his top level debut before playing a single NRL game and being prematurely labelled the next Darren Lockyer as a result would it?

Kinda funny how little 360 talked about his re-signing considering all the time they have dedicated to talk about him leaving.

Don’t worry, next week they’ll get their affairs in order and the narrative will be how he bent us over the negotiation table and how we had to pay overs in the vicinity of $900,000 to keep him from walking out the door with Coates for unders.

Although Badel was quoted tonight on 360 saying Storm have offered Coates $850,000 a year 😂😂😂

We will in 2023 after we free up that $2.5 million dollars we are playing other players to play for other teams 😞

firstly it's no where near 2.5 million

secondly, it's off the books at the end of this season

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.