OFFICIAL Staggs Commits for 4 Years

Happy for him to stay, not too confident on how he's going to go at 5/8th but I know he'll bust a gut there, I'm in the wait and see camp on that one.

Worse comes to worse, he fails, realizes he wasn't upto scratch and goes back to his centre spot where he absolutely can be one of the best in the league if he fixes up his D, which you'd think would improve with time.

I'm positive that letting the world you know you have a war-chest is just bad practice for future negotiations in regards recruitment AND retention.

Thats why I’m hoping it has been played out this way. I just don’t have faith that our R&R committee in being proactive and smart enough in implementing this strategy.

I’m reserve judgement on the direction of our club until our recruitment for next year is finalised.

I’m definitely a lot more positive about it with Donaghey on board but I’m also aware of the fact we still need to attract the players we want and get them to want to come to the Broncos and it is a harder task for us when you have to recruit from interstate. Sometimes even money might not get them here.

Either way the win over the Titans, the resigning of Staggs, Reynolds not jumping at the Cronullla deal to give us serious consideration and the possibility of nabbing a Josh Hodgson is a step in the right direction and a lot better feeling then when Fifita left the club and watching us being pumped by 40 every week that’s for sure. Baby steps

You except all centres to be able to play 5/8 against the best team in the world and not **** it up? One of those bombs landed 1m from the corner post and the catcher was pushed into touch. Have you seen any of our current halves do that this season?
Gee whiz. I never said he was bad. He was solid but he played like a centre who was standing one player closer to the middle. Also he didn’t play 5/8, he played half back.

I swear half the people who bring up this game just watch highlights and assume he was wearing the 6. That was Lolohea, who had an amazing game considering his opponent and the fact he had a centre as a halves partner.

Staggs was in #21. He didn’t do much at all. In fact if you go back and watch him you’d barely notice he played.

I’m a huge fan of Staggs on the field. I’m keen to see how he goes at 5/8. I’m just saying he made 3 kicks all game and people keep saying he showed some unexpected level of ability to play halves. He didn’t ball play and he kicked 3 times. His running game in that match was really ineffective too - I don’t think he made any line breaks, maybe 3
or 4 tackle breaks.

Buzz Rothfield always on the money:

Sinner Shoosh Latrell goes bush with special guest

Gee whiz. I never said he was bad. He was solid but he played like a centre who was standing one player closer to the middle. Also he didn’t play 5/8, he played half back.

I swear half the people who bring up this game just watch highlights and assume he was wearing the 6. That was Lolohea, who had an amazing game considering his opponent and the fact he had a centre as a halves partner.

Staggs was in #21. He didn’t do much at all. In fact if you go back and watch him you’d barely notice he played.

I’m a huge fan of Staggs on the field. I’m keen to see how he goes at 5/8. I’m just saying he made 3 kicks all game and people keep saying he showed some unexpected level of ability to play halves. He didn’t ball play and he kicked 3 times. His running game in that match was really ineffective too - I don’t think he made any line breaks, maybe 3
or 4 tackle breaks
There is no difference between 6 & 7 from a positional standpoint, they can also be on either side or do both.

Yes he technically was playing 7 because Lolohea had a 6 on his back despite being the dominant playmaker(which is usually a 7).

I don't know what you expect though, just because he plays in the halves doesn't mean he will do most of the kicking, the biggest difference i would say between that game and what we would use him for is he is likely to be on the otherside of the field.

He was still defending in the line as a half(between the centre and the second rower).

There is no difference between 6 & 7 from a positional standpoint, they can also be on either side or do both.

Yes he technically was playing 7 because Lolohea had a 6 on his back despite being the dominant playmaker(which is usually a 7).

I don't know what you expect though, just because he plays in the halves doesn't mean he will do most of the kicking, the biggest difference i would say between that game and what we would use him for is he is likely to be on the otherside of the field.

He was still defending in the line as a half(between the centre and the second rower).
I’m not saying there’s a big difference or really any difference between 6 and 7, which is why I find it confusing why people keep saying he was 5/8.

I don’t expect anything in particular, I’m just trying to figure out what people saw him do that game that was so impressive? He didn’t play make at all and his running game was below par for his standards.

Im not the one bringing this game up as an example that he’s a good 5/8.

In case you weren't aware Staggs shares a house with Jake Turpin and Ethan Bullemor.

Turps unloads:

Ethan Bullemor is the worst housemate. He is messy. There are chocolate wrappers in his room. He is meant to be a bloody athlete.

Kotoni is good, he helps around the house heaps and is a handy man. If there is something wrong in the house he can fix it.”

“I can’t fault Kotoni. He is a massive family man. We all make mistakes and he won’t be the last NRL player to make a mistake. It happens. He has learnt from those mistakes and put some things in place to rectify it. He has learnt a lot along the way and has still got a lot to learn. He is an absolute legend of a bloke off the field and will do anything for his teammates and family. He is actually very good."

McHunt

In case you weren't aware Staggs shares a house with Jake Turpin and Ethan Bullemor.

Turps unloads:

Ethan Bullemor is the worst housemate. He is messy. There are chocolate wrappers in his room. He is meant to be a bloody athlete.

Kotoni is good, he helps around the house heaps and is a handy man. If there is something wrong in the house he can fix it.”

“I can’t fault Kotoni. He is a massive family man. We all make mistakes and he won’t be the last NRL player to make a mistake. It happens. He has learnt from those mistakes and put some things in place to rectify it. He has learnt a lot along the way and has still got a lot to learn. He is an absolute legend of a bloke off the field and will do anything for his teammates and family. He is actually very good."

McHunt

Kotoeni loves being on his (or others') feet.

Staggs out to round 14 now with hamstring injury - nrl physio
Yip I did my Achilles two years ago and have had hammy twinges ever since. I never had the silver service rehab though, but I know what he's feeling.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.