OFFICIAL Staggs extends

I'm okay with 2 years total. It's better than locking in long term really.
I've got really high hopes for Staggs but you just never know in the NRL. Hopefully he is playing origin next year.

I have not been overly impressed with seibold's on field coaching to date, but you do have to admit that he (and the recruitment and retention team) has done pretty well retaining players. Next up- fifita.

Last edited:
Good news, like Stagg I do.
giphy.gif

I feel this isn't getting the recognition it deserves. Even just one more year is a great result for us. Staggs is raw, but a pure footballer like Bird. He also seems to have a good attitude, and is willing to learn. If he can focus on the little things that let him down, he could be something special.

I would be interested to know which party were wanting just the year extension. Staggs and his management? Or the club?

I would be interested to know which party were wanting just the year extension. Staggs and his management? Or the club?

True. Is Staggs backing himself to be worth more? Or is the club not sold on him completely. It may actually be neither, and depend on the cap situation, as in no one knows how much they'll be able to afford to pay him.

True. Is Staggs backing himself to be worth more? Or is the club not sold on him completely. It may actually be neither, and depend on the cap situation, as in no one knows how much they'll be able to afford to pay him.
I reckon the cap situation is the big one. We obviously want to keep him but probably have no idea how our cap is going to shape up until a few of our older guys are sorted out after this season and next, so perhaps a one year deal was all they could table at this point.

I reckon the cap situation is the big one. We obviously want to keep him but probably have no idea how our cap is going to shape up until a few of our older guys are sorted out after this season and next, so perhaps a one year deal was all they could table at this point.
Exactly, so many player options. Only one we can be sure of is limiting Boyd’s games and extinguishing that option.

The baby isn’t actually the yoda right? How is it possible?

Yoda and Yaddle could have hooked up.
[automerge]1575863792[/automerge]
I feel this isn't getting the recognition it deserves. Even just one more year is a great result for us. Staggs is raw, but a pure footballer like Bird. He also seems to have a good attitude, and is willing to learn. If he can focus on the little things that let him down, he could be something special.

One he sorts out his defence a bit more he is going to be about the best center going around.

Last edited:
One he sorts out his defence a bit more he is going to be about the best center going around.
In an era of strangely low elite Centre depth across the league, this is definitely a possibility.

Last edited:
In an era of strangely low elite Centre depth across the league, this is definitely a possibility.

These days, most clubs don't seem to need gun centres. With all these freak Fijian wingers, you just need someone who can pass them the ball and defend well, and you're all set.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.