NEWS Staggs in strife again

The NRL's Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (aka Integrity Unit) is shit sifting Kotoni Stagg's sauced up antics at the Eatons Hill Hotel over Easter. They have requested CCTV footage hoping to indentify a woman who can help them stitch up Kotoni.

The story currently circulating alleges the NSWelshman was on the turps with his mates before heading to the Eatons Hill Hotel in search of some action. All fine until just before 3am when the Broncos centre mustered the courage to make his move on one of a gaggle of women. Staggs tried his signature move of extending his arm around her but this time it didn't work. The lady nightowl allegedly didn't care for Stagg's advance and asked him to keep his mitts to himself. Bouncers intervened and promptly turfed the highly eligible bachelor out on his ear. And that was the end of that. Until the NRL got wind of it.

So now Kotoni has run afoul of the code's moral guardians 3 times in 12 months. Not a good look for the player holding the entire club to ransom over his contract.

Top NRL Mullah Andrew Abdo said this of his last incident back in February:

“We have issued him with a $10,000 fine and most importantly, he has to complete an education course and he has to meet with me personally and the head of integrity, together with the club CEO, before he is permitted to play again. We want him to understand the impact of his words on people and the responsibility that players have to the community. His language is utterly unacceptable but this is about making sure he understands the impact of that and actually changes."

Screen24 fight

Education

“There are three components - the fine, the education course and making sure he sits down with us. Getting them to meet with me is not the silver bullet, but I want to explain to them the impact this has on their personal brand, on the club brand and on the game’s brand and then there are two ways they can go from there."

“This is important in relation to Kotoni which is why we want to meet with him before he returns to the field.”

McHunt

Honestly though. I’m more ashamed of how much we’re simping Staggs than I am of our on field performances.
Are we though, or are you just reading in to the media to much.

Footballers are dumb ***** lets face it...

However, if i didnt do what he did i wouldnt be married the the woman i am today...so thers that...

But yeh, theres no doubt a few numbers on the contract proposed should have a strike out through them currently...

Replaced with clauses which must be met should the full amount of contract be paid..

Cause this isnt the 2nd time hes pulled this shit.....it will not be the last time either...

My head hurts at how stupid these guys can be.

Getting drunk in public, whilst recovering and negotiating contracts.

Men or Women approaching each other will always be part of life, especially the public and fame life. Acting like a gentleman is not hard to do - hopefully the approach part is a giant beat up.

It would be great if we could use it to sign him cheap and put clauses in.

BUT, he was drinking while rehabbing. Clearly not a "team first" player. And if he does start playing well, then he'll inevitably get an offer from the Roosters, he'll deliberately do something to get himself fired (a la Ferguson & Dugan) and take up a "$200l" (cough) deal with the Club That Looks After Player's Welfare.

This easily works in Broncos favor.
Write up a new contract at a lower price with behavioral clauses.
We keep Staggs on the cheap, and if he ***** up again he gets the boot.
No doubt, the Titans caught wind of this hence their sudden calling off of negotiations. Parra may lose interest now as well. Broncos may be able to save a cool 200K.

You don't expect them to be angels, but 3 incidents in 12 months shows he is just putting himself in dumb situations. I think Kevvie needs to make a stand here. Let's get these players abiding to some decent standards off the field.

No doubt, the Titans caught wind of this hence their sudden calling off of negotiations. Parra may lose interest now as well. Broncos may be able to save a cool 200K.
The Titans contract pull happened a couple of weeks ago, just got rehashed in the media yesterday.

Hard to tell without knowing all the details if he was just flirting or being sleazy. Either way. Pull the contract and walk away now. He isn't learning his lesson and we need a no dickheads policy and Kotoni is a dickhead.
The likes of Haas, Lodge, T'eo and an incoming K Hunt will have to leave the place as well under your new policy.

The likes of Haas, Lodge, T'eo and an incoming K Hunt will have to leave the place as well under your new policy.

Why? What's Lodge, Teo or Hunt done in recent times? Haas I said at the time is walking on thin ice now. It's about learnin your lesson. Haas and Kotoni so far aren't showing they have, the others you mentioned did. Couldn't care less if they go if they are trouble magnets.

Any other club would probably reduce the contract offer to him and put conditions about his behaviour in there. We will probably increase our offer knowing us.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.