NEWS Staggs in strife again

The NRL's Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (aka Integrity Unit) is shit sifting Kotoni Stagg's sauced up antics at the Eatons Hill Hotel over Easter. They have requested CCTV footage hoping to indentify a woman who can help them stitch up Kotoni.

The story currently circulating alleges the NSWelshman was on the turps with his mates before heading to the Eatons Hill Hotel in search of some action. All fine until just before 3am when the Broncos centre mustered the courage to make his move on one of a gaggle of women. Staggs tried his signature move of extending his arm around her but this time it didn't work. The lady nightowl allegedly didn't care for Stagg's advance and asked him to keep his mitts to himself. Bouncers intervened and promptly turfed the highly eligible bachelor out on his ear. And that was the end of that. Until the NRL got wind of it.

So now Kotoni has run afoul of the code's moral guardians 3 times in 12 months. Not a good look for the player holding the entire club to ransom over his contract.

Top NRL Mullah Andrew Abdo said this of his last incident back in February:

“We have issued him with a $10,000 fine and most importantly, he has to complete an education course and he has to meet with me personally and the head of integrity, together with the club CEO, before he is permitted to play again. We want him to understand the impact of his words on people and the responsibility that players have to the community. His language is utterly unacceptable but this is about making sure he understands the impact of that and actually changes."

Screen24 fight

Education

“There are three components - the fine, the education course and making sure he sits down with us. Getting them to meet with me is not the silver bullet, but I want to explain to them the impact this has on their personal brand, on the club brand and on the game’s brand and then there are two ways they can go from there."

“This is important in relation to Kotoni which is why we want to meet with him before he returns to the field.”

McHunt

We dont know what he did really. Its very vague at the moment but we know he has put his hands on her. Its going to be a wait and see situation now to get the full picture.

I've seen him out plenty and i know what he can be like. I'll stand by what i said, i think he is sleazy. I dont think you can just say its a lack of maturity totally. Plenty of blokes his age dont carry on like pork chops, and plenty do as well, Difference is Kotoni is in the public eye. If i were the Broncos though i'd be hauling him over the coals for his lack of professionalism both in the standards we should expect from a Broncos player and his rehabilitation from a major injury.
There is plenty worse than being a sleaze but in saying that you're right he needs to be read the riot act, but to punt him is just completely an over reaction atm

Munster was shocking and how did that turn out .
just on this i know its unrelated but munster is 100% still a absolute flog. My brother regularly sees him out with his cronies in the nightclub seen the difference is its in Melbourne and the media dont care and the storm are very good at covering alot of shit up just like the knights used to do.

I'm calling it now. when he moves to brisbane and plays for the second brisbane team he will find him self in trouble a lot. and most ppl will start saying bellamy kept him on the straight and narrow when in reality they just covered up alot of the dickhead things he does.

again i know its unrelated to this issue I just chuckle to my self when people talk about how bad munster "used to be" when as far as I know he hasn't changed at all.

just on this i know its unrelated but munster is 100% still a absolute flog. My brother regularly sees him out with his cronies in the nightclub seen the difference is its in Melbourne and the media dont care and the storm are very good at covering alot of shit up just like the knights used to do.

I'm calling it now. when he moves to brisbane and plays for the second brisbane team he will find him self in trouble a lot. and most ppl will start saying bellamy kept him on the straight and narrow when in reality they just covered up alot of the dickhead things he does.

again i know its unrelated to this issue I just chuckle to my self when people talk about how bad munster "used to be" when as far as I know he hasn't changed at all.
Yep so much goes under the rug

Mate he was lorded by the media after the grand final/origin for his off season antics

There is plenty worse than being a sleaze but in saying that you're right he needs to be read the riot act, but to punt him is just completely an over reaction atm
I wouldnt punt him yet, but i dont think it would bother me if they did. I have a feeling the NRL might come down hard on him if anything is dodgy with this whole incident seeing as they have already made contact with him about his behaviour.

He's probably keeping things under control better than he was when he is playing. Off season nothing would surprise me.

Sounds like someone is trying to get fired

Glad I am married and my nights are no longer spent in dives. This world is nuts honestly, hitting on a women is now a punishable offense. Are these lads only allowed to find women on dating apps. Yeah he may be a flog for going out drinking while rehabbing an injury, but most 22 year olds I knew and know are flogs and would be going out drinking and flirting with women.

Lots of people think NRL players are saints or something, the things I know as facts prove otherwise. I would never say a thing about any of them but. They are human also and we all make errors in our life. I draw the line with hurting somebody else. If Staggs was continuing on after being rejected he did wrong and needs a wake up call and even some direction from an older male, no is no and that is it. But I tire of this outrage society. People interact and it's not always going to be perfect social etiquette. Hopefully this is not used to get him to another club on rehab/self improvement unders. The club should not over react or under react by letting him off the hook, but this is not a reason to let him go.

Glad I am married and my nights are no longer spent in dives. This world is nuts honestly, hitting on a women is now a punishable offense. Are these lads only allowed to find women on dating apps. Yeah he may be a flog for going out drinking while rehabbing an injury, but most 22 year olds I knew and know are flogs and would be going out drinking and flirting with women.

Lots of people think NRL players are saints or something, the things I know as facts prove otherwise. I would never say a thing about any of them but. They are human also and we all make errors in our life. I draw the line with hurting somebody else. If Staggs was continuing on after being rejected he did wrong and needs a wake up call and even some direction from an older male, no is no and that is it. But I tire of this outrage society. People interact and it's not always going to be perfect social etiquette. Hopefully this is not used to get him to another club on rehab/self improvement unders. The club should not over react or under react by letting him off the hook, but this is not a reason to let him go.

I would rage if someone I didn’t know or wasn’t familiar with wrapped their arm around me just because they felt they could. That’s beyond flirting.

If some cocky **** put his arm around my shoulder the situation would absolutely escalate.

It’s even worse if you consider the size difference between Staggs and the average woman, and the sexual connotations involved.

he doesn't need to get fired, all that would do is give him less money on his next contract ... if he doesn't want to be here he can simply sign with the highest bidder
At this point, I couldn’t care less. The guy is good but not that good. Some of these guys need a total booze ban during the season.

It's the fact he does this AND wants 700k to stay is the reason to let him go.

Goes under the rug, because no one knows who the **** he is down in Victoria

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.