NEWS Staggs in strife again

The NRL's Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (aka Integrity Unit) is shit sifting Kotoni Stagg's sauced up antics at the Eatons Hill Hotel over Easter. They have requested CCTV footage hoping to indentify a woman who can help them stitch up Kotoni.

The story currently circulating alleges the NSWelshman was on the turps with his mates before heading to the Eatons Hill Hotel in search of some action. All fine until just before 3am when the Broncos centre mustered the courage to make his move on one of a gaggle of women. Staggs tried his signature move of extending his arm around her but this time it didn't work. The lady nightowl allegedly didn't care for Stagg's advance and asked him to keep his mitts to himself. Bouncers intervened and promptly turfed the highly eligible bachelor out on his ear. And that was the end of that. Until the NRL got wind of it.

So now Kotoni has run afoul of the code's moral guardians 3 times in 12 months. Not a good look for the player holding the entire club to ransom over his contract.

Top NRL Mullah Andrew Abdo said this of his last incident back in February:

“We have issued him with a $10,000 fine and most importantly, he has to complete an education course and he has to meet with me personally and the head of integrity, together with the club CEO, before he is permitted to play again. We want him to understand the impact of his words on people and the responsibility that players have to the community. His language is utterly unacceptable but this is about making sure he understands the impact of that and actually changes."

Screen24 fight

Education

“There are three components - the fine, the education course and making sure he sits down with us. Getting them to meet with me is not the silver bullet, but I want to explain to them the impact this has on their personal brand, on the club brand and on the game’s brand and then there are two ways they can go from there."

“This is important in relation to Kotoni which is why we want to meet with him before he returns to the field.”

McHunt

just on this i know its unrelated but munster is 100% still a absolute flog. My brother regularly sees him out with his cronies in the nightclub seen the difference is its in Melbourne and the media dont care and the storm are very good at covering alot of shit up just like the knights used to do.

I'm calling it now. when he moves to brisbane and plays for the second brisbane team he will find him self in trouble a lot. and most ppl will start saying bellamy kept him on the straight and narrow when in reality they just covered up alot of the dickhead things he does.

again i know its unrelated to this issue I just chuckle to my self when people talk about how bad munster "used to be" when as far as I know he hasn't changed at all.

So, the same as Brisbane used to cover up then. Welcome home, Munny!

I would rage if someone I didn’t know or wasn’t familiar with wrapped their arm around me just because they felt they could. That’s beyond flirting.

If some cocky **** put his arm around my shoulder the situation would absolutely escalate.

It’s even worse if you consider the size difference between Staggs and the average woman, and the sexual connotations involved.
I don't disagree with you, but like I said social etiquette often goes by the way side in clubs and bars. We are not talking about groping or sexual assualt here, I think these things can be dealt with in the moment. Dragging it into the media is a bit much, this is not a legal issue. If some guy came up to a female friend of mine and did that he would be told to move on quickly and I have done so in the past. If I ran into that person having coffee/ or at their work the next day I wouldn't go up and try and shame them publicly over being a drunk sleaze one night.

I don't disagree with you, but like I said social etiquette often goes by the way side in clubs and bars. We are not talking about groping or sexual assualt here, I think these things can be dealt with in the moment. Dragging it into the media is a bit much, this is not a legal issue. If some guy came up to a female friend of mine and did that he would be told to move on quickly and I have done so in the past. If I ran into that person having coffee/ or at their work the next day I wouldn't go up and try and shame them publicly over being a drunk sleaze one night.

I don’t know how much fluff McHunt gave this one but if he was removed by secos it sounds like it wasn’t a simple misunderstanding. Regardless, the guy has form for being a drop kick and no one should be putting their hands on anyone

I don’t know how much fluff McHunt gave this one but if he was removed by secos it sounds like it wasn’t a simple misunderstanding. Regardless, the guy has form for being a drop kick and no one should be putting their hands on anyone
This is the part that worries me. If he was polite, respectful and had sincere intentions - it wouldnt be an issue and it probably would have been dealt with at the time. If he was either smartass, big ego, arrogant, sleazy or anything far from sincere it lands you in hot water......

Sorry but going around to a random woman and putting your arm around her like you're hot shit isn't simply flirting. There's a line and putting your arm around total strangers crosses it.

Maybe I'm naive, but if he wasn't a dick, the woman doesn't complain to the club. Same as the Fifita house situation, if he's not a dickhead, cops are never involved.

Minor or not, for some douche who's been holding multiple clubs to ransom because he thinks he's king shit before he's achieved anything, it just isn't a surprise if that attitude spills over into his interactions with the public.

Gonna assume the chick in Staggs Instagram post at Mt Cootha isn’t the one that complained about him haha

Sorry but going around to a random woman and putting your arm around her like you're hot shit isn't simply flirting. There's a line and putting your arm around total strangers crosses it.

Maybe I'm naive, but if he wasn't a dick, the woman doesn't complain to the club. Same as the Fifita house situation, if he's not a dickhead, cops are never involved.

Minor or not, for some douche who's been holding multiple clubs to ransom because he thinks he's king shit before he's achieved anything, it just isn't a surprise if that attitude spills over into his interactions with the public.
Hmm maybe a 10k security system will smooth things over

Without more context I don't really see the problem tbh.

Just seems like because it's in Brisbane everyone knows who it is.

Ye

Yeah you're naive , you think women don't go groping guys asses and young drunk men putting moves on women. **** some people must have never been to a club on the piss im guessing. So easy to sit behind a computer judging people especially when most if not all are going off media articles.

If this is the full story, that he was on the piss and got a bit flirty (put a few moves on an unwling girl, standard drunken behaviour for a pesty 22 year old who isnt an nrl player) then from a contract point of you it probably works in our favour.

You need to Rememebr his first indiscretion was not his fault. Someone looking to get attention released his sex tape. He wasn't out been a dick or violent or drunk, just doing what a large chunk of young nrl players do and getting lucky.

If it turns out there is more to this story and he's done something illegal or that makes the club look bad i think we probably pull the contract. But as it stands if we dont sack him, given his reputation i cant see another club outbidding us to take him.

The nrl have told him pull his head in and its now publicly known he's a bit of a rat so we hoepfully reduce his contract value to say 500k -550k and put strict conditions on it that allow us to punt him at the sniff of trouble.

If our inital offee was 700k over 3 years I'd be disappointed if we kept that on the table. Businesses run risk review's on all aspects and the risk rating on Staggs would immediately mean you have to reduce your offer to account for the risk of lost monet he brings to the businsess if he damges your image again.

I wouldn't say I'm naive and I've been to some right dives, but I've never come across blokes doing what a lot of these footy players are doing.

Nah, some of us were taught how to behave with women. The only moves I made were on the dance floor.
So you just sat there staring at woman and hope they would notice your dance moves.

I wouldn't say I'm naive and I've been to some right dives, but I've never come across blokes doing what a lot of these footy players are doing.
Mate
They're footy players, have you ever gone out with them or hung out with some.
Some of the shit I've seen and heard is fucking disturbing and some of you lot are claiming putting their arm around someone is bad , **** i swear some people live under rocks.
Just because you have certain veiws dosen't mean everyone should abide by them.

No, I spoke to them politely, then danced with them. You know, getting consent before you even thought of touching them in any way.
Good for you your 1 out of a million, congratulations

Mate, they are law. You cannot just touch someone without their consent.

Also, read the room. What’s been the biggest issue in the media in the past month or two?
I don't care it goes both ways, and the way society is going we will need to be gagged and blindfolded.

Active Now

• kman
  • RodF
  • ostin86
  • pennywisealfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.