NEWS Staggs in strife again

The NRL's Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (aka Integrity Unit) is shit sifting Kotoni Stagg's sauced up antics at the Eatons Hill Hotel over Easter. They have requested CCTV footage hoping to indentify a woman who can help them stitch up Kotoni.

The story currently circulating alleges the NSWelshman was on the turps with his mates before heading to the Eatons Hill Hotel in search of some action. All fine until just before 3am when the Broncos centre mustered the courage to make his move on one of a gaggle of women. Staggs tried his signature move of extending his arm around her but this time it didn't work. The lady nightowl allegedly didn't care for Stagg's advance and asked him to keep his mitts to himself. Bouncers intervened and promptly turfed the highly eligible bachelor out on his ear. And that was the end of that. Until the NRL got wind of it.

So now Kotoni has run afoul of the code's moral guardians 3 times in 12 months. Not a good look for the player holding the entire club to ransom over his contract.

Top NRL Mullah Andrew Abdo said this of his last incident back in February:

“We have issued him with a $10,000 fine and most importantly, he has to complete an education course and he has to meet with me personally and the head of integrity, together with the club CEO, before he is permitted to play again. We want him to understand the impact of his words on people and the responsibility that players have to the community. His language is utterly unacceptable but this is about making sure he understands the impact of that and actually changes."

Screen24 fight

Education

“There are three components - the fine, the education course and making sure he sits down with us. Getting them to meet with me is not the silver bullet, but I want to explain to them the impact this has on their personal brand, on the club brand and on the game’s brand and then there are two ways they can go from there."

“This is important in relation to Kotoni which is why we want to meet with him before he returns to the field.”

McHunt

Tis true but I don't really feel sorry for him either. Taking videos of yourself sucking toes, you kinda expect it to get shared otherwise why take the video?

It's definitely not objectively wrong or anything but if you agree to be recorded while doing your thing with random skanks you met the night before you can't really cry if it becomes public later.
Sorry, I can't agree with this. Is it poor judgement to allow yourself to be filmed during what was presumably a random hookup with someone you barely know? Absolutely, stupendously poor judgement.

Does that make it Stagg's fault that someone LITERALLY broke the law by sharing that without his consent? Does Staggs or anyone in that position deserve to have it shared without their consent? Absolutely fucking not.

Sorry, it might have been poor judgement to put yourself in that position with someone you don't really know or trust,, but nobody deserves to have their privacy breached in that fashion under any circumstances. He might be an utter moron, but make no mistake, he is absolutely the victim in that incident.

Think about it if it was in the reverse of boy sharing girl's content - I doubt it would sit so comfortably with you or anyone for that matter. Sorry to be so blunt, but you're on a very slippery slope here that is just barely above victim blaming someone for going home drunk with a stranger and then getting sexually assaulted.

I'm not saying that he doesn't need to pull his head in but learning the life of a well known footy player can't be easy in this day and age.
Back in the day most of the players I knew and got told about was a major focus on drugs and women, be it married or not it's what they did. Professional sports is a breeding ground for bad behavior in all countries , some of the stories you'd hear from the PL players in the UK were crazy.
Tbf to the Broncos on this occasion, from what I know their education of the players regarding how they act in public and handle things, especially with social media is pretty good. Sometimes you just come across blokes who are just to dumb to take it in.

UPDATE

Abdo:

“Kotoni is not able to play until he has come back to us — and he hasn’t done that. I put the onus on him. We required him to undergo some education and training and come back to us to show he can comply with the rules. It is not up to us to arrange that. It is him who wants to play.”

Kotoni

Walters:

“We’re aware of the situation with the NRL integrity unit and we will leave it in their safe hands. I won’t make any more comment than that, but we are certainly aware of the situation and that it is being investigated by the NRL. We’ll support Kotoni and the NRL in their investigations."

“I’ve spoken to him about it, (I was made aware of it) a couple of days ago. We are up here to play against the Eels, Kotoni is not here but we are supporting him, like we would all our players in this situation. We have full respect for the NRL and the integrity unit in their investigation, we support them 100 per cent as well."

“I expect (an answer) in the next week or two ... but I’m very confident we will hang on to Kotoni, I can see him wearing a Broncos jersey next year.”

McHunt

Interesting how people view the sex tape incident as a black mark against Staggs.
That was a massive invasion of his privacy , end of story.

You are correct, however, he is pretty dumb to put himself in that position in the first place. Allow someone (not sure if she was a stranger or not) to record you and have no control over the recording. All these guys should know by now that they are targets and EVERYONE is watching them. You'd think they would have learned from all the other incidents over the years, but they don't. They have to go and make their own mistakes.

i used to work with a girl who had a big old midlands copper husband and i kept drunkenly rubbing his bald head for luck until he got mad and told me to stop, but then i did it again the next week and he refused to come to the pub any more

i was aged 22

on that note staggs should shave his noggin and throw out that crook straw hat too, no wonder nobody's interested in rubbing his head

Why exactly are the NRL playing hardball on Staggs here when he technically did nothing wrong other than being a sleazy bastard.

I am reading today that Abdo and his cronies are threatening Staggs with not being allowed to play when he returns from injury until he can prove he can behave better.
If i was Staggs i would be on the phone to my lawyer about this pronto as he broke no laws, he didn't bring the game into disrepute as it was not him who filmed the act, nor the one who released it.
Regardless of his questionable morals, he did nothing wrong.
The NRL is turning into a woke circus like America and it stinks.

No one condones Staggs behavior, mainly hitting the piss while rehabbing, but the dude literally did nothing against the law or against the NRL's rules.

Why exactly are the NRL playing hardball on Staggs here when he technically did nothing wrong other than being a sleazy bastard.

I am reading today that Abdo and his cronies are threatening Staggs with not being allowed to play when he returns from injury until he can prove he can behave better.
If i was Staggs i would be on the phone to my lawyer about this pronto as he broke no laws, he didn't bring the game into disrepute as it was not him who filmed the act, nor the one who released it.

No one condones Staggs behavior, mainly hitting the piss while rehabbing, but the dude literally did nothing against the law or against the NRL's rules.

Probably because they want him to go to the Roosters 'for the good of the game' and this is one way to get him there.

Not sure that is quite right.
The NRL want him to complete the programs he agreed to the last time he was in trouble for the homophobic slur.
As yet he hasn't shown them that he has complied with that agreement.

Did you actually read what the NRL said, or have you just assumed it's people being 'woke' again?

He did bring the game into disrepute previously, he was asked to complete some tasks as part of his being allowed to return to playing at the time and he has failed to do so. It isn't rocket science.

You know that he wasn’t sanctioned for the sex tape right? He was in trouble because a fan asked him for a selfie and he apparently called him a homophobic slur and his 2 mates jumped the guy. This is while supposedly rehabbing his ACL.

Had an interesting trip to Spain did we?
Not really but my great mate did and he told me of his experience where he detailed his efforts to stay ahead of the horns. It was funny as **** and I haven't forgotten the mental picture I drew to match his recollection.

You know that he wasn’t sanctioned for the sex tape right? He was in trouble because a fan asked him for a selfie and he apparently called him a homophobic slur and his 2 mates jumped the guy. This is while supposedly rehabbing his ACL.
[/QUOTE
Pretty sure there was more to that story, you sound like mr badel

Not sure that is quite right.
The NRL want him to complete the programs he agreed to the last time he was in trouble for the homophobic slur.
As yet he hasn't shown them that he has complied with that agreement.
So why bring that up publicly, right now?
Why bring that up publicly in the wake of a story that has just come out?

Its weird no matter how you spin it.
My original point stands as what i read was on Nine news website, and they related it to this recent incident, not some past indiscretion.

Did you actually read what the NRL said, or have you just assumed it's people being 'woke' again?

He did bring the game into disrepute previously, he was asked to complete some tasks as part of his being allowed to return to playing at the time and he has failed to do so. It isn't rocket science.

Read it mate, i don't talk shit for no reason.
The NRL are publicly saying that in light of this most recent incident, he may not be allowed to play.
yes i consider that "woke" as they are using their moral standpoint to threaten him with not being allowed to play again, even though he broke no laws, and no rules.

This article specifically references this latest incident as the reason for him not being allowed to play again.
Obviously his past behavior plays a part in it, as does any repeat offender, but to use this latest incident is a joke as he has done nothing wrong.

What does the sex tape have to do with this incident? What does the homophobic slur have to do with this incident? If he is being reprimanded for those past incidents, thats all good and well, but the article i read said this latest incident may be why he wont get to play after he recovers from his injury.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Old Mate
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.