NEWS Staggs injured at training

Isn’t that why Cleary got the arse at the panther the first time injury always at training I could be wrong but it seems like a coaching problem

Personally I think this is a symptom of how Seibold coaches defence. That whole hanging back and waiting for the defence to come to you with zero line speed shit. Standing flat footed and receiving a 120 kilo bowling ball straight to the shoulder and torso at high speed can't be too good for your body as a whole.

Not to be physics smart arse but there’s less total force in the collision with only one person travelling at speed.

So:

Staggs
Arthars
Turpin
Palasia
Riki
Bird (permanent injury, no shame if you totally forgot about him)
Fifita
Gillett (medically retired)

That is a huge injury list at present in a squad already lacking depth. Throw in TPJ being perennially suspended, it isn't good is it!

Personally I think this is a symptom of how Seibold coaches defence. That whole hanging back and waiting for the defence to come to you with zero line speed shit. Standing flat footed and receiving a 120 kilo bowling ball straight to the shoulder and torso at high speed can't be too good for your body as a whole.

I'll say it again. There is nothing wrong with the theory. In fact it might be a really effective way to counter the 6 again rule. If you rush the attack with shitty marker positioning, or the ball moves wide quickly a la Roosters and Eels, you're fucked. And of course it worked so well for us in 2015 and 16 at its best. It's putting it into practice that counts, which we don't do. Our defensive coaching is shit which is unforgivable.

The point is then, there were invariably 2 in the tackle, the tacklers put the man with the ball on his back, technique was great, and there was always support ready to cover and importantly, our back rowers always covered the edges and wider out unlike now where they have been planted in the middle and not covering.

Hopefully Ryan will restore what's missing.

Last edited:

this is why Staggs pulled a hammy running at training? What about Kahu who hasn’t played for us since Seibold was coach? Glenn cut by a tag because of how we defend? Lodge acl during a preseason because of how we defend? Didn’t Fifita just get his knee cleaned out?

I’m not a doctor but..

this is why Staggs pulled a hammy running at training? What about Kahu who hasn’t played for us since Seibold was coach? Glenn cut by a tag because of how we defend? Lodge acl during a preseason because of how we defend? Didn’t Fifita just get his knee cleaned out?

I’m not a doctor but..

Forgot TPJ brain expolisions and Jack Bird, asking for a friend.

Not including Bird's season ending injury, we could potentially go from Round 2-10 missing at least 3 key players per match. Looking forward to the day that we string 4 games in a row together with a near full strength team to see where we're really at.

When was the last time we had a full strength team on the park?

Probably pre Darius Boyd
He's the problem. He's a curse... **** him off we win a premiership

Last edited:
We'll get back to 90% by seasons end and I think we'll make the eight. It does however depend on the refs season instruction, who they are going to allow in to the 8. No doubt we'll get a decent run if we're sitting 10th or thereabouts as the script will call for the ratings puller to make the finals.

It saddens me that so much evidence, real and imagined points to a loose conspiracy. I don't think it's the sort of well planned and micromanaged conspiracy of books and film but several interested groups all having a similar agenda and all happy to turn a blind eye as long as it isn't them getting it in the neck. It's hard to not blow up about the corruption and criminality of the games management.

Last year was such a mess with injuries and players out of position so I decided to look at our Round 1 team from last year. Seems to be full strength for who was in favour at the time and it's insane to see how different our team was a just over a year ago.

Last year was such a mess with injuries and players out of position so I decided to look at our Round 1 team from last year. Seems to be full strength for who was in favour at the time and it's insane to see how different our team was a just over a year ago.

Seems like that team was from about 5 years ago, bloody hell.

Nikorima, Roberts, Su'A, Gillett..
Staggs & Fifita on the bench..
Boyd at Fullback..
Haas & Carrigan not even in first grade yet..

(Well, Haas was suspended, so technically not full strength)

Seems like that team was from about 5 years ago, bloody hell.

Nikorima, Roberts, Su'A, Gillett..
Staggs & Fifita on the bench..
Boyd at Fullback..
Haas & Carrigan not even in first grade yet..

(Well, Haas was suspended, so technically not full strength)
Ah yeah, how could I forget Haas.

It really does look like a team from years ago. Staggs, Fifita, Flegler and TPJ - what a bench.
Only thing not unusual about that link is that the scumbag Storm beat us.

Scans reveal a grade 2 strain.

Not too bad really.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.