14. Corey Parker
15. Matt Gillett
16. Ben Te'o
17. Chris McQueen

18. Daly Cherry-Evans
19. Josh Papalii

Coached by Mal Meninga

Lets get some discussion going guys.

Rumors out of the Maroons camp today are that J.T. has a virus which is impacting on his preparation, and Corey Parker may shift into the starting line-up for Wednesday night. J.T. is a worry but I like the idea of Parker starting in place of Myles as it would give us a big fella with fresh legs coming off the bench. I think we will miss an experienced prop in Ben Hannant coming off the bench, but hopefully the mobility we have gone for will make up for it. Apparently Boyd is still not 100% so Justin O'Neill is on stand by (unfortunately) and there are still concerns regarding Te'o who is under scrutiny with the current allegations of assault against him.

As for the blues, Gallen just completed his first training session in a month apparently. Apart from that, injury concerns are minimal and nobody has been accused of punching a member of the public. So minimal disruptions there.

Forecast for Wednesday night is wetter than Steady Eddies chin so lets hope for good ball control.

Gallen is one of those guys that could probably never train and still play the house down.

JT is a worry only because his form so far this year has been pretty poor anyway. Add any fatigue from a virus and he's going to struggle.

Not good news that's for sure. Who replaces him if he can't play?

We will definitely see what he's made of then, how do you think he will go if he does come in for JT?

DCE will slot in fine, It would be a shame to see JT miss out but QLD are lucky enough to have a good player to replace him.

Gallen is one of those guys that could probably never train and still play the house down.

JT is a worry only because his form so far this year has been pretty poor anyway. Add any fatigue from a virus and he's going to struggle.

EDIT: See the rumours sticky.

I just have a feeling JT isn't going to play unfortunately.
Having DCE slot in negates the advantage QLD have with Maloney being on debut and I think if that's the case we'll lose on Wednesday.
We really need to have JT playing.

I'd also just drop Teo or at least tap him on the shoulder and tell him to take the night off. There's no way he'll be in the right state of mind and you can;t afford that going into origin. Just bring in Papalli!

Last edited by a moderator:
DCE just doesnt have the same running game as thurston does imo so he wouldnt worry their line as much

Heh. I think NSW will win anyway. It'll just be all the sweeter to win the series in Sydney for game 3 ;-)

Not as sweet as a 3-0 whitewash.......

Game 1 ???

We got this.

Can't wait! Hopefully the quality is just as good as last years.

No matter how much origin games I watch I still get so nervous and anxious about it.

I'd hate to be NSW supporter, even when they are winning you still feel disappointed because it's NSW and is full of scum bags.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.