State of Origin Game 1 - QLD vs NSW

We couldn't buy a penalty all game but it hardly mattered in the end. Tedesco tore us to shreds all night up the middle and our missed tackles were unacceptable. Gavin Cooper was comfortably the worst on ground. Just utter trash from start to finish. Munster had a pretty forgettable night too.
Yeah I thought Munster's defence was terrible.Just kept falling off them. Pretty dissapointed with him in attack too.

You seriously need to start watching him play.
In origin? Tell me another highlight of his... In TEN GAMES.. additionally, before this he has also been in terrible form in the nrl. Or was I (and everyone else) watching someone else play?

Lol... his flick pass won the series? So the other 79 minutes in that game and the other 2 games are just null and void? Another centre could have scored a try or did a simple draw and pass, does that mean we dont win the series if thwy do that? Its ONLY his sublime flick pass talent that gets us home. He is in the team soley for this or does he have other talent?
It fucking did, He set the try up, which was a great flick pass and you know it. It would've been an immensely hard play for someone out of position. The score before the try was 16-12 Blues way in the 76th minute. The try which is worth 4 points, equaled the game. Without the try we don't win the game. Go figure

If I haven’t mentioned the player in this comment, I either believe they went OK or better than OK.

Chambers - awful. He’s supposed to be experienced but got outplayed by 2 / 3 NSW rookies tonight.
Wallace - pretty poor. Better than Napa though.
Napa - competing with Chambers for worst on ground, but Chambers has him. Boy, we are light on for props.
Cooper - solid but we need dynamic if we’re going to have bog average props. Kaufusi was much better in just about everything he did.
McGuire - I’m a massive fan of him, but he was underdone and was always a risk. Needs more miles in the legs to get the best out of him.
Hess - scratch my previous comments, easily worst on ground. More Jane than Dane Carlaw.
Milford - didn’t do anything wrong, but was wasted. Needs more time, he’s not a miracle worker.

We must have watched different games!! I thought napa was very good tonight and i thought hess was decent as well.
And where and when was milford supposed to come on???

Scott in for Napa, Gillett (will he be right??) for Cooper and Slater to fb with Morgan to bench/hb.

Not to scapegoat Hunt or anything...but boy did he look lost in the second half.

I agree Chambers didn't have a good game but who do you replace him with if you go down that path? Gagai is too small to be a centre at this level, you could try Munster there but you'd be crazy to move him from 6 where he's a game changer. Could try Morgan but if we're saying it's rash to put him in at FB because he hasn't played there much, well I don't know if he's ever really played centre in top grade. There's no real outstanding candidate to replace him with.

For mine, Morgan has shown nothing at origin level in 10 games. 10 bloody games. He is a winner out of the teams dominance over the last few years. If we were losing he would have been dropped already

What BS. Morgan ran for over 170m tonight with no errors. He also set up the win for Qld in game two last year with an amazing flick pass.

In origin? Tell me another highlight of his... In TEN GAMES.. additionally, before this he has also been in terrible form in the nrl. Or was I (and everyone else) watching someone else play?

A try assist for Holmes first try in Game 3 last year.

There you go, there's another one. And there are plenty more. He constantly gets moved around playing out of position and he always does the job.

Who cares about his form at club level? This isn't club level we are talking about.

I think Milford touched the ball twice. They kept going the other way.

Statistically Kaufusi was actually the worst forward in terms of missed tackles - 7! Although he did do well in attack with 11 runs, 92m.

Contrary to what some on here might say, I thought Hunt had a pretty solid night in a beaten side. Kicked well, jagged a try assist and apart from slipping over defending one of the Blues tries, was pretty good in defence. He outplayed Munster quite handily that's for sure.

Milford is a waste of a bench spot. Why bring him on with 15 to go while down by 10? That is just stupid Walters. Milford shines when his side is dominating momentum, not pushing uphill.

We must have watched different games!! I thought napa was very good tonight and i thought hess was decent as well.
And where and when was milford supposed to come on???

Milf should have come on ten minutes earlier. The tide had already turned when he came on and we weren't playing footy anymore.

Hess got owned.

It fucking did, He set the try up, which was a great flick pass and you know it. It would've been an immensely hard play for someone out of position. The score before the try was 16-12 Blues way in the 76th minute. The try which is worth 4 points, equaled the game. Without the try we don't win the game. Go figure
Haha you never told me about the other 79 minutes? Have you played footy? If morgan does an inside ball what is different? And tell me another centre at that level who couldnt set up a try against a retreating defence in the corner with an hard inside angle running winger hitting it? And thats STILL ALL YOU HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT OUT OF 10 GAMES... ten bloody games, the chances are you could play yourself and youd have some sort of highlight in state of origin after TEN GAMES....

Shout out to Felise Kaufusi - thought he was our best forward. Really impressive debut.

Statistically Kaufusi was actually the worst forward in terms of missed tackles - 7! Although he did do well in attack with 11 runs, 92m.

I'm surprised by this... I thought he hit hard and well...

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • achievedrap
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.