State Of Origin - Game 2 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only changes should be their front rowers, and Hayne in for Morris.

They need to get Lewis in the side if they are a chance of beating us IMO. I can see Gidley being on the bench for Young.

I think I read that Morris picked up some kind of injury yesterday. No idea how serious it was though.

Clintos said:
I think I read that Morris picked up some kind of injury yesterday. No idea how serious it was though.

Minor hamstring strain.

What is it with NSW And "building a team"? When did origin become about building a team that will play together each year and not about selecting the best in form players? NSW seems to think that QLD "built a team". Rubbish! We chose players that were doing a good job at the time, and to a certain extent, we chose players because we had no other options! Look at tonga. He has been in the team for years, but as soon as hodges is fit, he will be dropped. QLD are just blessed in that we have brilliant players that you know will do the job each year, and they just happen to be the best in their positions in the world. But, to look at it like we selected out of form players to "build a team" is just naive and stupid.

NSW should be picking players based on form and the future. Hayne is better than dugan and isnt that old, so he should be there. You can have a team of the future (if you HAVE to) and a form team, its not mutually exclusive lol.

Basically yeah - just look at Mullen, Campese and Farah

Big Pete said:
Basically yeah - just look at Mullen, Campese and Farah
And Hayne.

Those 4 players all have the potential to be outstanding players for NSW.
Morris and Ennis are similair, they're solid and will do the job but provide no threat.

Right now though they should stick with Soward and Pearce(not many options anyway) because they have the potential to be a really good halves combination.

Hayne was selected for 1-2 games then dropped because he didn't play well?

Big Pete said:
Hayne was selected for 1-2 games then dropped because he didn't play well?
Speaking more about club form, he has a bad run and he's dropped while we selected someone like Myles who IIRC played maybe one game the whole season leading up to the origin match.

I can see why you misunderstood that though, should have explained that.

Why is Creagh so shit for NSW but awesome for St George? It doesn't make sense!

Also - I STILL think the non-selection of Hayne was a no-go. I mean... Does anyone SERIOUSLY think Hayne is not part of NSW's future? OBVIOSULY he is - ummm... why would you take away a series, let alone a game away from him? The games he plays now could be valuable experience and 5 years from now he might be in a completely different scenario. It's crazy, absolutely crazy IMO.

Professor47 said:

Cause he can't handle playing against a decent team.

Some players excel at club level because they play in a good team that suits there style of play and their opposition isn't really that strong week in week out, but some players then can't take that form in to the rep arena where the opposition is much stronger across the field, there is more pressure, the team may not suit them etc.

Professor47 said:

Because he is soft. He will retire soon and star in the broadway musical CATS

Professor47 said:

Because he is Brett Lee in disguise. Will look first class and rip through inferior opposition, but will look cod ordinary against teams of quality -- which Queensland is the pinnacle of!

If I'm the NSW selectors I'm definitely taking a risk on Corey Payne.

NSW team looking much stronger IMO. Hopoate in the centres is quite a surprise, as well as Gallen being named at prop (he pretty much plays as a prop anyway).

J.Dugan, J.Hayne, W.Hopoate, M.Gasnier, A.Uate, J.Soward, M.Pearce, P.Gallen (c), M.Ennis, T.Mannah, B.Scott, B.Creagh, G.Bird. Interchange: T.Merrin, K.Gidley, A.Watmough, L.Lewis.

There will be a question mark over Dugan though after his injury today against the Cowboys.

Either way, QLD will need to be on their game.

GO QUEENSLAND!

Everyone was already discussing it in another thread, so I figure we'll make that the 'team' thread - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7052

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.