State Of Origin - Game 2 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads said:
Scotty said:
Has Berrigan been playing centre this season? And whats his form been like?
Played some centre, has not been outstanding. Broke his hand i think. Not an option imo

This. Broke his hand and missed 4 weeks I think. That said, I'd still pick him over Graham and Reed. Not Tuqiri though.

Tate is due back soon, on twitter he said any moment now.

Tate was pretty useless before his injuries. So I doubt him being back for any team is going to do much.

Nashy said:
Tate was pretty useless before his injuries. So I doubt him being back for any team is going to do much.

Tate shouldn't be selected after his injuries and lack of playing time this season, but the last time he was selected for QLD was in 2008 and he played awesome. No idea where you're getting "useless" from.

The Rock said:
Tate is made of glass, pick him. Please.

Outside of that tard kick on halftime which Hayne turned into a try Tate has never let QLD down, if he came back next week and played 80 minutes and we were still short of experienced options I would pick him.

Scotty said:
Nashy said:

Tate shouldn't be selected after his injuries and lack of playing time this season, but the last time he was selected for QLD was in 2008 and he played awesome. No idea where you're getting "useless" from.

Did you watch him play for the Warriors ever? He's gone. He's too old, has too many repairs, he needs to just retire.

Nashy said:
Scotty said:
Nashy said:

Did you watch him play for the Warriors ever? He's gone. He's too old, has too many repairs, he needs to just retire.

I wouldn't pick him again based on his injuries, but the last time I saw him play rep, even though it was ages ago, he was pretty awesome. And I didn't watch him play for the warriors last year but he DID get selected for Aus, so surely he wasn't that bad.

In any case, if he's only just coming back from his third fucked up knee injury I don't think he should be considered at all.

Tate was good last year before he did his knee, he should still be 4-6 weeks away from coming back though.

I would lol so hard if Ash Graham played origin.

I'd be cheering for him though, he plays like he's mentally challenged most of the time but he has a lot of heart.

Boyd to centre zilliman on the wing is the only real option.

Maybe Harrison to centre Johnson to lock

Will there be a fan day in Sydney?
And if so, does anyone no when and where?

Hmmmm... man with Folau/Hodges/GI/Tonga all goneskii... backline just doesn't flash at all. I guess you have to go Boyd Tuquiri but is he even available? If not then is Zillman really the only option? (Ash Graham please - Origin? deadset ... )

Tate won't be ready to go. Even if he was playing he's just come back from an acl reco he won't be up to it right now.

I think the best option would be Boyd centre Tuqiri wing. However GI will be fit from all reports.

looks like with morris in doubt now, nsw might get to bring in hayne without going back on their word about staying loyal lol. bet they are secretly happy about that

QUEENSLANDER said:
looks like with morris in doubt now, nsw might get to bring in hayne without going back on their word about staying loyal lol. bet they are secretly happy about that
Apparently it's just a 1-2 week injury but I bet you're right about them being secretly happy icon_thumbs_u

I hope it's just a 1-2 week injury as well, would rather Morris play then Hayne.

broncospwn said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Apparently it's just a 1-2 week injury but I bet you're right about them being secretly happy icon_thumbs_u

I hope it's just a 1-2 week injury as well, would rather Morris play then Hayne.

i think even if it is a 1 - 2 week injury they will use it as an excuse to drop him

QUEENSLANDER said:
broncospwn said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

i think even if it is a 1 - 2 week injury they will use it as an excuse to drop him
Yeah I can just imagine it. I hope the media rambles on about loyalty and the new selection policy so they're pressured to keep the same squad.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...es-for-origin-ii/story-e6frep5o-1226065208227

THE beleaguered Blues are set for more selection bloodletting as NSW coach Ricky Stuart threatens to wield the axe for Origin II.

As NSW confront the prospect of a sixth consecutive series loss, Stuart yesterday said: "I'm not going to show blind loyalty. We need to pick a different team to improve on what we established in Game One."

It all depends on what the changes are IMO. There are very limited changes I would make, probably Weyman in for King (King was really really really shit), Hayne in for Morris (nothing against Morris, but IMO Hayne has to be there), Lewis in for Young (Better utility value) and maybe someone in for Creagh, I thought he was a passenger for the Blues last week.

What is important though is they keep their 1-6-7-9 Combo consistent, they need to stick with that as long as they are injury free IMO.

Agree Scotty.

So watch as Dugan, Soward, Pearce and Ennis get replaced by Hayne, Carney, Wallace and Farah! [icon_lol1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.