State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

A few people have called for Segeyaro already. I think he is a great hooker and has had the X factor about him for a number of years. Whether he can play 80 minutes at origin is unknown, but swapping him with the tackle machine for the last ten minutes of each half would certainly improve our attacking arsenal.

Last edited:
A few people have called for Segeyaro already. I think he is a great hooker and has had the X factor about him for a number of years. Whether he can play 80 minutes at origin is unknown, but swapping him with the tackle machine for the last ten minutes of each half would certainly improve our attacking arsenal.
So you are going to use up three interchanges for someone who is going to only play 20 mins? [emoji57]

This is a much better team than others suggested tor game 3. The only thing in the whole post that made me puke was............................................peeps ! people has 6 letters, peeps has 5...really, so is it to be cool ha ha ? It's not.
Haha... ok noted.

Taylor and Ponga are two different people who defend in very different parts of the field. Nobody knew how Ponga would go because he defends at the back but we know full well that Taylor can't tackle at any level because we see this week in, week out. Add him to the rest of the team who are missing tackles left, right and centre and see what happens. I disagree the kicking was what we missed most. The missed tackles played a bigger part in our losses.

Please sell me on why Taylor should be playing. I'm tired of people saying he should be there when he's been 4th or 5th best QLD half this year. Maloney being a shit defender isn't a good enough reason to add Taylor to a team that already struggles to defend. We already have too many players in the QLD team who are doing nothing at NRL level. Who would protect him?
Souldnt really have to sell you on anything... We need a thinking, scheming, attacking halfback... yes Taylor is young and misses tackles sometimes but.. origin has brought out so much more in players in the past (Alfie... was too small and couldn't tackle ..apparently) I think the same will happen with Taylor. Put him on the big stage and he just might shine.

Gotta give Taylor a shit for sure. I think it'll be the opposite. I reckon he will show he can't deal with the pressure of having to guide a decent team where fan expectation are win or nothing.

Gotta give Taylor a shot for sure. I think it'll be the opposite. I reckon he will show he can't deal with the pressure of having to guide a decent team where fan expectation are win or nothing.

"Here's your shit, Taylor, you've earned it".

Last edited by a moderator:
The pinnacle of a player’s career and whoever gives him his jersey on debut uses exactly that line, moment totally killed.

The alternative is Gagai.

And once you see Gagai defend at centre, you'll be wishing Chambers was there.

My preference would be Munster, because I think he played just as big of a part in our loss as the others people are mentioning. It's also his job to get us over the line in those crucial moments, he failed. We simply aren't going to get the performance we saw last year because Smith, Slater and Cronk will all be gone.

So Munster at centre, Milford at 6.
Gagai has being playing centre regularly for a while now, and while he is no Justin Hodges in defence, he is not worse than the tripe Chambers dished up on Sunday night. Defensively Chambers was a bigger liability then anyone else out there, he constantly shot up and missed the tackle. He looked like Jennings vs the Bunnies last week, Gagai will not be worse than Chambers. He also won't stink it up in attack and will allow Oates to come into the side!

I disagree.
Boyd is simply a replacement that doesn’t interrupt the makeup of the team moving forward.
In your scenario, we move players to accommodate Cronk, which I believe would be more disruptive and sets us back in building spine combinations.

I see your point. Qld are in trouble for depth it seems. If Inglis gives it away as well we are then lacking genuine centres as well as props and halves. Could be some pain for qld coming

It could be NSW dominance again for a while (Qld will likely jag a series here and there) because their selectors finally got it right, they have a young team with belief now, good young players coming through and Qld has not much.

Basically Ponga v NSW.

Hunt too fucking scared to run the ball close to the line.

The definition of fragile. QLD (and Broncos) hate you Ben Hunt.

Another Hunt mark. Sorry, he was awful.

I think he took the line on once or twice all fucking game. Piss weak little bitch that he is. Can't kick for shit, can't set up a play to save his life - one other option left, and he didn't have the balls to take it. QLD's number 7. When the game was there to win, he shuffled the ball like a true pussy.

Hate to see you get personal if this isn't @holdzy89

Cronk thinks QLD should stick with Hunt

"He is definitely the Queensland halfback going forward," Cronk told Fox Sports' Big League Wrap.
"Stick with him. Because you can't define a career ending on a couple of months. He will have the opportunity to redeem himself.
"What are the options? Ash Taylor still needs development. There is talk about (Daly) Cherry-Evans, but Ben Hunt is doing terrific football for the Dragons. Pick him and let him do his job."
"In terms of game management they should have had multiple shots at the left, not just the one in a set of six," Cronk said.
"Unfortunately halfbacks and the spine get judged if you win the game of football, you get a lot of raps. If you lose it comes down to moments.
"If you take out the two seven-tackle sets he kicked, he played a reasonable game. He didn't do anything against the order of having Queensland not win the game of football.
"He will get another chance. He is Queensland's halfback, there's no doubt about it."

Last edited:
Hate to see you get personal if this isn't @holdzy89

Just throw away insults - mostly to do with his lack of skill and lack of courage as a player.

I really don't give a shit if Hunt would be offended, or if you choose to be offended on his behalf. Carry on.

Cronk thinks QLD should stick with Hunt

"He is definitely the Queensland halfback going forward," Cronk told Fox Sports' Big League Wrap.
"Stick with him. Because you can't define a career ending on a couple of months. He will have the opportunity to redeem himself.
"What are the options? Ash Taylor still needs development. There is talk about (Daly) Cherry-Evans, but Ben Hunt is doing terrific football for the Dragons. Pick him and let him do his job."
"In terms of game management they should have had multiple shots at the left, not just the one in a set of six," Cronk said.
"Unfortunately halfbacks and the spine get judged if you win the game of football, you get a lot of raps. If you lose it comes down to moments.
"If you take out the two seven-tackle sets he kicked, he played a reasonable game. He didn't do anything against the order of having Queensland not win the game of football.
"He will get another chance. He is Queensland's halfback, there's no doubt about it."

He also defended the kick, said exactly what I said about the fullback being in the line etc. Just bad execution. But yes, reaffirmed that it should not have been the first and only attacking play that set.

Where was Slater for that Cordner penalty try?

He also defended the kick, said exactly what I said about the fullback being in the line etc. Just bad execution. But yes, reaffirmed that it should not have been the first and only attacking play that set.

How long do we keep waiting for hunt to master these skills? He's getting older and he's still not executing these plays that he struggle with at the broncos.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • cento
  • Allo
  • davidp
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncs30
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.