State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

Just throw away insults - mostly to do with his lack of skill and lack of courage as a player.

I really don't give a shit if Hunt would be offended, or if you choose to be offended on his behalf. Carry on.

I'm not offended for him but I do find it interesting that you call him a pissweak little bitch when what your doing is the definition of pissweak little bitch but as you say, moving on.

He also defended the kick, said exactly what I said about the fullback being in the line etc. Just bad execution. But yes, reaffirmed that it should not have been the first and only attacking play that set.

Which is fair, I could tell what he was doing the moment he did it. The issue was, apart from the bad execution, nobody in the team seemed to know it was happening. I could be remembering that wrong, but the ball seemed to go over the dead ball line with no Maroons chasing.

I'm not offended for him but I do find it interesting that you call him a pissweak little bitch when what your doing is the definition of pissweak little bitch but as you say, moving on.

It's the internet FFS.......challenging someone to back up in real life what they say online is pretty pathetic really.

Last edited:
It's the internet FFS.......challenging someone to back up in real life what they say online is pretty pathetic really.

Lol righto I'll have to find a way to live with it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...k=028d6187a069b76aa6764a1f8c821a39-1530004115

Justin Hodges says Ben Hunt’s failure to stand up in big moments means he must be replaced by young gun Ash Taylor

IT’S not worth sticking with Ben Hunt for Game III because when the series is on the line next year, he is not the man you want calling the shots.
That’s the stinging assessment from his former teammate and Fox League expert Justin Hodges, who said the Dragons pivot has had more than enough opportunities to prove the critics wrong.
“You would’ve hoped Ben Hunt really stood up,” he said.
“I think he’s such a wonderfully talented player, just at big stages he hasn’t hit that mark yet.”
He added that he had discussed the issue with former Maroons and now Kangaroos head coach Mal Meninga, who agreed Hunt wasn’t the answer at No.7.
“I was talking to Mal Meninga the other day and he thinks at that level he’s probably a better No. 9, but Andrew McCullough didn’t do anything wrong either,” he continued.
“Whether you start him at nine or put him on the bench, but then you’ve got Kalyn Ponga so you’ve got so many headaches.”
Hodges said the upcoming dead-rubber is the time to make changes, and he wants to see Ash Taylor join Cameron Munster in the halves.
“So you look at giving young Ash Taylor a go, I think he deserves his shot he’s been playing very well.
“I think Ash Taylor will definitely be the future, he’s still working on his game but the seasons he’s had over the last couple of years, he’s starting to learn game management as well, so I think he’ll be a fantastic player [for Queensland].”
Hodges would also drop Jarrod Wallace after the bookend ran for less than 50 metres for his third straight Origin match.
“You’d put maybe Josh McGuire back up to the front row and you move Jai Arrow into the lock position and bring young Joe Ofahengaue onto the bench,” he suggested.
“I think Kevvie will make more changes now, I think it makes sense. You don’t want to make too many changes coming into Game I next year when you know the Blues side is going to be the same side it was the last two games barring injuries or suspensions.
“Obviously you don’t want to lose Game III and lose 3-0 in the series, but it just gives you a bit of an out to try and blood some new players and maybe put other players in different positions where maybe we couldn’t if it was a decider.”

Wholeheartedly agree with every single thing Hodgo said. Hunt out for Taylor, Wallace out for Ofahengaue with Arrow starting at 13. Best changes we could make.

Which is fair, I could tell what he was doing the moment he did it. The issue was, apart from the bad execution, nobody in the team seemed to know it was happening. I could be remembering that wrong, but the ball seemed to go over the dead ball line with no Maroons chasing.

You are not remembering it wrong at all. No one was chasing through because no knew he was going to do it. The only person in the world that thought of kicking there in that situation was Hunt.

Wholeheartedly agree with every single thing Hodgo said. Hunt out for Taylor, Wallace out for Ofahengaue with Arrow starting at 13. Best changes we could make.

Oates for Chambers

Gene Miles...style

Felise Kaufusi read it. NSW defenders made sure he never got to it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...k=028d6187a069b76aa6764a1f8c821a39-1530004115

Justin Hodges says Ben Hunt’s failure to stand up in big moments means he must be replaced by young gun Ash Taylor

IT’S not worth sticking with Ben Hunt for Game III because when the series is on the line next year, he is not the man you want calling the shots.
That’s the stinging assessment from his former teammate and Fox League expert Justin Hodges, who said the Dragons pivot has had more than enough opportunities to prove the critics wrong.
“You would’ve hoped Ben Hunt really stood up,” he said.
“I think he’s such a wonderfully talented player, just at big stages he hasn’t hit that mark yet.”
He added that he had discussed the issue with former Maroons and now Kangaroos head coach Mal Meninga, who agreed Hunt wasn’t the answer at No.7.
“I was talking to Mal Meninga the other day and he thinks at that level he’s probably a better No. 9, but Andrew McCullough didn’t do anything wrong either,” he continued.
“Whether you start him at nine or put him on the bench, but then you’ve got Kalyn Ponga so you’ve got so many headaches.”
Hodges said the upcoming dead-rubber is the time to make changes, and he wants to see Ash Taylor join Cameron Munster in the halves.
“So you look at giving young Ash Taylor a go, I think he deserves his shot he’s been playing very well.
“I think Ash Taylor will definitely be the future, he’s still working on his game but the seasons he’s had over the last couple of years, he’s starting to learn game management as well, so I think he’ll be a fantastic player [for Queensland].”
Hodges would also drop Jarrod Wallace after the bookend ran for less than 50 metres for his third straight Origin match.
“You’d put maybe Josh McGuire back up to the front row and you move Jai Arrow into the lock position and bring young Joe Ofahengaue onto the bench,” he suggested.
“I think Kevvie will make more changes now, I think it makes sense. You don’t want to make too many changes coming into Game I next year when you know the Blues side is going to be the same side it was the last two games barring injuries or suspensions.
“Obviously you don’t want to lose Game III and lose 3-0 in the series, but it just gives you a bit of an out to try and blood some new players and maybe put other players in different positions where maybe we couldn’t if it was a decider.”
I sense a strong disturbance in @Morkel 's belief system... :emoji_grimacing:

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.