State of Origin - Game II - Post Match Discussion

That sin bin fiasco was BS. They knew they had to sin bin Merrin, but didn't want to affect the game, so made sure that both sides had the same amount of players binned, whether it made any sense or not. I don't think Bird and Hodges should have been binned, and at the very most, Tate should have been penalised, not binned. In what other game would Bird, Hodges and Tate get sin binned for what they did?

What an enjoyable game except for the farcical refereeing.

Like many of posted - for mine the game was won largely on the back of quick play the balls, fantastic line speed and swarming defence, although there were some lapses that need to be fixed.

Loved the way they sucked Merritt in onto Inglis. Merritt's last Origin.

McQueen did his job and the scoreboard reflects that I reckon, although Hannant should play game 3. Papalii, wow, what a debut.

Farcical refereeing.

Farah for mine was excellent, and he exploited the room we gave him when our defence slowed .... and Dugan sucked. We need to watch Farah very closely.

I still can't believe hodgo and Tate were binned, especially Tate. Honestly if Klein is ref again there he officially has pictures of Anderson fucking a goat

I hope everyone now knows after tonight why Nathan Merritt is always overlooked for Origin duty. He really got showed up tonight.

I don't think McQueen has done anything that Harrison wouldn't have. He's literally just a much shittier version of Harrison.

I hope everyone now knows after tonight why Nathan Merritt is always overlooked for Origin duty. He really got showed up tonight.
It was definitely a contrast from his club games. I could barely see him on his wing most of the time.

What an enjoyable game except for the farcical refereeing.

Like many of posted - for mine the game was won largely on the back of quick play the balls, fantastic line speed and swarming defence, although there were some lapses that need to be fixed.

Loved the way they sucked Merritt in onto Inglis. Merritt's last Origin.

McQueen did his job and the scoreboard reflects that I reckon, although Hannant should play game 3. Papalii, wow, what a debut.

Farcical refereeing.

Farah for mine was excellent, and he exploited the room we gave him when our defence slowed .... and Dugan sucked. We need to watch Farah very closely.

You've summed it up perfectly. Dugan was shit, papalli was awesome. All those people calling for Merritt to play origin for years might finally understand why it has been so strongly avoided

I don't think McQueen has done anything that Harrison wouldn't have. He's literally just a much ****tier version of Harrison.
He's got age on his side though. I think QLD needed to make changes after game 1 and bring some fresh blood in the team. NSW can whinge all they want that QLD are changing their side like QLD have accused NSW of over the years, but at least QLD are (on the whole) only dropping those players getting on a bit in years. NSW were dropping players in their early 20s after only a few games. QLD has been an awesome team over the past 7 series, but that's a long time on term of football careers, and at some stage they need to start thinking about the future. The experience that players such as Mcqueen, Papallii and DCE will get out of this series could prove invaluable in a few seasons time.

You've summed it up perfectly. Dugan was ****, papalli was awesome. All those people calling for Merritt to play origin for years might finally understand why it has been so strongly avoided

I thought Dugan played ok he caught some high bombs and made some dangerous runs from fullback.

McQueen hasn't got anything to do with Harrison. Harrison lost his spot cos Parker (rightfully) is starting at prop. Parker and Harrison play the same game except Parker is a **** load better. McQueen and Harrison's game are completely different so the comparison is pointless

I also like the way Scott and Miles really lifted. They made heaps of metres and this time, they weren't bent back.

My main criticism of Qld was I thought they stood too flat in attack, and had noticeable patches when the defensive line slowed right down up the middle.

In Sydney, we cannot afford to do that. Given any room, Farah, Lewis and Bird will make life very hard although Maloney looked soooo ordinary against real opposition. I hope he's selected

Last edited:
The only change I would make is to bring Hannant in somehow.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.