State of Origin - Game II - Post Match Discussion

What a great game.

Thurston just killed it, a super player and with Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Parker, Scott and Myles helping the side along, it's no wonder the Blues couldn't match us.

Parker Parker Parker Parker, I love the guy and have wanted him in origin for so long, I'm so happy he's finally getting the rep recognition he deserves, I thought he could have easily got MOTM or even Thursto but Smith is always a MOTM favourite with the selectors.

Merrin is a huge scumbag, he made Gallen's cheap shots look like a fair fight. Why did Tate get sent off? WTF.
Merritt is huge LOLZ, I always knew he'd be an origin myth but he got his token game, Uate would have been far better and actually offered something. The blues halves are embarrassing compared to Cronk and JT. Farah, like for the Tigers, is by far NSW's most dangerous player, if you shut him down NSW will struggle to score anything.

Ryan Hoffman :loool: Always talked up and as usual a myth at origin level.

McQueen hasn't got anything to do with Harrison. Harrison lost his spot cos Parker (rightfully) is starting at prop. Parker and Harrison play the same game except Parker is a **** load better. McQueen and Harrison's game are completely different so the comparison is pointless

That's not where he plays at all. Harrison has always played on the left edge, I don't see how he's the same as Parker.

What a great game.

Thurston just killed it, a super player and with Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Parker, Scott and Myles helping the side along, it's no wonder the Blues couldn't match us.

Parker Parker Parker Parker, I love the guy and have wanted him in origin for so long, I'm so happy he's finally getting the rep recognition he deserves, I thought he could have easily got MOTM or even Thursto but Smith is always a MOTM favourite with the selectors.

Merrin is a huge scumbag, he made Gallen's cheap shots look like a fair fight. Why did Tate get sent off? WTF.
Merritt is huge LOLZ, I always knew he'd be an origin myth but he got his token game, Uate would have been far better and actually offered something. The blues halves are embarrassing compared to Cronk and JT. Farah, like for the Tigers, is by far NSW's most dangerous player, if you shut him down NSW will struggle to score anything.

Ryan Hoffman :loool: Always talked up and as usual a myth at origin level.

If it wasn't for smith slater and Cronk Hoffman would be a myth in general. Very, very over rated player

While Merritt did stuff up twice in defence. QLD gave us nothing and our halves couldn't string anything together. Silly mistakes, silly penalties, silly attacking reads and a few ref calls.

Frankly we sucked across the park and Merritt will be the scapegoat because of it. Fifita, Bird, Gallen and Merrin (besides the dog punch) were the only ones that appeared to be working their asses off.

IMO Merritt is a NSW Coaching Fail.

Option A) Merritt + Jorris on the right up against Inglis, with Borris and Jennings on the left.

Option B) The Morris Brothers on the right up against Inglis, with Merritt and Jennings on the left.

LOZ: Let's go A!

QLD: LOLZ!

Why you would leave Merritt on Inglis' side and split the Morris brothers is frankly beyond me.

I can't say enough good things about Parker. For years I thought he was terrible, but in the past 18months or so his game has gotten so good, he hits the line well, is hard to bring down and great offload.

While Merritt did stuff up twice in defence. QLD gave us nothing and our halves couldn't string anything together. Silly mistakes, silly penalties, silly attacking reads and a few ref calls.

Frankly we sucked across the park and Merritt will be the scapegoat because of it. Fifita, Bird, Gallen and Merrin (besides the dog punch) were the only ones that appeared to be working their asses off.

Twice? He stuffed up all night it was only twice that he got scored on. He was pathetic.

Merritt was the worst, but yeah, he'll probably keep the others who shouldn't be there in the side - like Hoffman and possibly even Jorris. Actually here's another player who is massively overrated. Jorris doesn't give Inglis any room, but other than that he's just useless. Kills attacking plays and is really quite a poor defender. Should bring in Jack Wighton already.

On the subject of the sin-bin, geez that really was a farce. In the heat of the watching the game, I could handle all 4 being binned, but on seeing the replays, no way should Tate have been binned and even Bird was hard done by. Really only Merrin and Hodges should have been binned, although I did see Jennings throw a couple of punches and I think there may have been another NSW player to throw some punches. So technically Merrin, Hodges and Jennings should have been binned.

10146_613758795314487_735449312_n.jpg

lol

I like Daley's attitude by not blaming the referees and saying that NSW have no excuses and that QLD were simply the better team. Far better than anything Ricky Stuart dished up.

It's a shame his captain doesn't follow his lead.

He was also upset about the sin bins, when really, it was the Maroons who were screwed.

I was fine with Daley's attitude...until he suggested that Slater should have been sent for his elbow.

Yeah pull the other one.

Everybody knows it's only Merrin who should have been binned. Was a king hit, should have been sent really.

Yeah pull the other one.

Everybody knows it's only Merrin who should have been binned. Was a king hit, should have been sent really.

Merrin sin bin but not sent. Hodges for coming in swinging as well. Tate and Bird didn't need to be sin binned but Tate could have been penalised for the push. We were lucky that Maloney and Jennings didn't get binned as well as I thought they came in from some distance having a swing.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.