State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

Well if I were picking the Aussie side from this series, it would be:

1. Tedesco (purely by default due to Slater retiring)
2. Addo-Carr
3. Inglis
4. Munster (both right centres were pretty poor)
5. Holmes
6. Maloney
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Cook
10. Vaughn
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Klemmer
16. Trobovic
17. Crichton

Something like that.

I would swap either Sims or Crichton for Arrow

Oates sloppy carries aren't the sort of display you want to see from him if he has a desire to play in the secondrow.

This NSW are talented but dumb. They should be beating us easily imo. If only Smith played this year, we would be celebrating another win
Yeah I feel the only area NSW actually beat us was their kicking game (games 1 & 2) and handling. Qld made crucial errors in games 1 & 2 and also tonight, but NSW matched them with some horrible handling and 2 penalties in possession.

I think if Cam plays this series we would've won game 2 and then definitely win the decider in Billy and Cam's last game, but he wussed out and left us stranded

Last edited:
Oates sloppy carries aren't the sort of display you want to see from him if he has a desire to play in the secondrow.

Hopefully Oates will settle down now and sign a life time contract with the broncos. There's no place like home

SO PROUD of QLD tonight! The commentary creamed over NSW's defence in the first half, well give it up for QLD in the last ten minutes ya muppets. One of the bravest displays I've ever seen.

We may have kept the whitewash at bay but FMD do QLD have huge problems over the next few years. The post dynasty hangover has definitely begun.

Time to put all the eggs in the Bronco basket.
We simply don't have the depth NSW does. They have the luxury of being able to choose a team of 17 guys in near career-best form. Meanwhile we have to pick forwards, halves and hookers based on who's left. Which was fine when we had the best spine the world had ever seen and only needed to pick 1 or 2 of those guys per series but now that it's half the side I think we'll have to get used to being legitimate underdogs instead of just for pretendsies.

Last edited:
It’s funny, I was rather passionless watching the first half until Gus started blowing his load.

That 2nd half was crazy. Both teams out on their feet and it could have easily been a higher scoring game

Also how many players did we lose to injury this year.

The fact we were even able to field a side is awesome

Can we find a way to ditch Cooper next series? At least even Hess showed some improvement tonight.

Oates needs to take a step back and assess himself after that game. He can have feet for hands at times and in the 2nd row, that won't get him very far. Stick to what you know you're good at.

Kinda sucks for Milford too. Hunt takes over from Macca, gets a lot of game time and goes pretty good. I don't think Milford has ever won a rep game and has yet to be given a decent shot in origin.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • Justwin
  • Stix
  • Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.