State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

Qld did ok this year. Were really weak in the forwards and still pushed NSW all the way. Guys like Arrow and Hess will be better next year, Gillett will be back. Things look ok. Could do with a couple of more big boppas though.

faf9589e-83c0-46fe-b02f-121bf01762a6_1000.jpg

great picture, mainly because of the small pic

NSW won't go on a dynasty of their own. They haven't even been that good this series.

QLD dominated field position in all 3 games and were in a great position to clinch the series but decision making at crucial times cost them. We fix that, we won't have any problems.

And that's where DCE comes in, he was fantastic tonight.

And that's where DCE comes in, he was fantastic tonight.

He was, and he showed he belongs at this level.

I had my doubts but he was excellent. If he played in Game 2, I have absolutely no doubt that we win.

Give it up for DCE. Ben Hunt - take notes. That's how you run a team at rep level. I had a feeling all day that DCE and Slater would have big games. Slater was solid at the back, DCE just kept the pressure on. I don't know if he is redeemed or not, but I'm proud of the long neck phony tonight.

Please never allow the coach to talk during the game ever again. Call a Freddy sucks and I dont want to see him talk into a mic while a game is being played. Oh and while your at it fire Gould he is a ****.
That was atrocious from Channel Nein... even the commentators then trying to tell Freddy what kind of tactics he should employ and whether he agreed with the sin binning.

Disgraceful moment of telecasting and seriously poor even for ch 9 standards

Hunt played the rest of the game. Not sure if Macca was injured or not. But Hunt was good at hooker, for the most part.
I doubt he was injured. By the 55-60th minute mark we'd wrested back the momentum and Hunt was still relatively fresh. Burning an interchange to bring McCullough back on at that point would be less valuable than getting fresh forwards on.

I heard Macca was hooked.

Bizarre decision if true... find it hard to believe.

I am not a big Macca fan, but he was doing fine out there, and even had that huge kick out of dummy half.

I think Kevvy has a bit of a hard-on for Hunt TBH.

Tbh I didn’t even think about Offa, but I do agree with you. In saying that I don’t think Welch is too far off either.
I think Welch could be a really strong origin player. Probably in the Myles style, good defender and good motor and don't really notice him get dominated on his runs. He's probably not considered only because he's not starting, which is probably similar to offa

Hunt was better than Macca tbh.
Right choice to leave Hunt out there.

I think Welch could be a really strong origin player. Probably in the Myles style, good defender and good motor and don't really notice him get dominated on his runs. He's probably not considered only because he's not starting, which is probably similar to offa

I reckon Welch gets nailed at Origin level. He's a system player with Melbourne.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.