State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

Gus has his nose so turned up on the panel right now. Such a dick

Congrats to Billy. Poor offence made that game 10x harder then had to be. Good defence from blues but attack was putrid. Poor selections, poor defence and terrible attacking structures. But then again barely lost series despite losing 3 greats so maybe bit harsh.

1. Slater. 6. Not his best game but true champion.
2. Holmes. 9. Helped by less chambers ball hogging but imagine him with a passing centre. Ready to admit wrong about him at wing (still not a fullback maybe in a few years can see he can read the game).
3. Chambers. 6. Missed a few opportunities but back to usual solid attack. Defence still not 100%. Not sure he should be here next year.
4. Gagai. 4. Always tries out of his skin. He does realise that centres pass to wingers right? Best to be kept on the wing however.
5. Oates 3. Big meters. Let down by Gagai. Poor on bomb and wtf with those hands again.
6. Munster. 3. Got 3 points for line break run. Good player but clearly doesn’t belong in halves all season.
7. DCE. 8. Very good game. Went a little missing for a couple of short periods but did more than Hunt and Munster did all series in the halves single handed. Deserves first crack next year.
8. Arrow. 6. Not a starting prop! Undersized and underpowered. But worked and will be great asset for QLD at lock in future.
9. Macca. 3 Usual Macca crap. Best part was only seeing 25mins of it. Needed to have more impact as had to know he was only getting short minutes.
10. Papalii. 7. Best off bench for impact. Got a little puffed but was good.
11. Cooper 6. Badly used, poor coaching. Is too slow and not good enough to be used as Thurston does without Thurston. Not his fault. Solid in defence and made plenty meters.
12. Kafusi. 5. Similarly poor use as Cooper. Needs to tighten defence but hopeful for future.
13. McGuire. 4. Worst game of series. Solid and great low take but has to be prop with strict instructions to play like a prop and would be amazing.
14. Hunt. 4. Very mixed. Some good efforts and other times looked disinterested and angry about not being halfback. Did the usual hunt brain snap on 4th. A year at hooker and would be best option with limited stocks but needs to be fitter looked buggered 20 into second half.
15. Wallace. 2. Why bother. Better meters but was against tired defence. Will have to get 200m a game every game next season to have his name mentioned at selection table without the words “never again”.
16. Hess 7. Best game yet. Can someone please keep reminding Walters he is an edge runner not a barging ram.
17. Glasby 3. Wasted selection. Offa needed to be blooded.

Sims biggest tackle was on hunt after playing the ball lol. Wtf was that

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw Macca on in the last 10 minutes which I thought was weird as Hunt was also still on. Not sure though.

I think you're right.

NRL.com is showing he had a second stint. 3 minutes and 29 seconds.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw Macca on in the last 10 minutes which I thought was weird as Hunt was also still on. Not sure though.

Macca never came back on I don’t think hmm

Last edited:
SO PROUD of QLD tonight! The commentary creamed over NSW's defence in the first half, well give it up for QLD in the last ten minutes ya muppets. One of the bravest displays I've ever seen.

The defence was absolutely fantastic....but where was the mention of the control by QLD to keep them pinned? The kicks by Cherry, OUR defence that made it so hard for them to get out of their half? Pathetic. Props to the blues for their D because it was great but there was a reason they had to defend.....

I reckon Welch gets nailed at Origin level. He's a system player with Melbourne.
That's the same opinion people have with Glasby but he holds his own. They both come with strong front on contact which is what you need defending the middle and controlling the ruck. You don't just lose that at origin level.

I would prefer to see welch start a few more nrl games to see how he handles longer stints in the middle, but whether he gets that chance at storm is another story

Ivan Cleary is the man supporting his boy like that. In the rain sitting in the stands at Suncorp.

The blues would have still been camped in their end but of course those 2 phantom penalties just to keep it interesting.

Oh and lol@Klemmer for his trip. He hasn’t been the same since Parker schooled him

I think he did. Strange to bring him on for a few minutes at the end, but makes some sense defensively.

Hmm was he playing backrow?
In any case I like what Hunt did tonight.
We looked much sharper.

Gagai not passing the ball to Oates is a separate issue but when given, Oates dropping it twice is a bitter pill for Oates to swallow. He screwed up miserably on the biggest stage & hopefully he realizes at-least now that he's best suited at wing than at back row.

The defence was absolutely fantastic....but where was the mention of the control by QLD to keep them pinned? The kicks by Cherry, OUR defence that made it so hard for them to get out of their half? Pathetic. Props to the blues for their D because it was great but there was a reason they had to defend.....

To be fair, the commentators did give some props to QLD's pressure (at the same time jerking off Blues defence, which was good) - but I didn't hear a peep about QLD's 'bravery' from the commentators - apparently only NSW are brave on their own line.

Kinda justifies Gagai not passing since Oates couldn’t catch a cold

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • bert_lifts
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.