State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

Did c smith just ask kevin walters what he learnt so he can become a better coach? No matter what he has done for queensland and I just get the feeling there is always another agenda to him... the way he said it, it just came across as a dig tbh lol

I'll always respect what he has done for QLD, but he's a ****. Now he's just a Storm player - **** him.

I'll always respect what he has done for QLD, but he's a ****. Now he's just a Storm player - **** him.
Now i just hope our broncos players show him the same respect! **** him!

Seriously didn’t realise glasby even played until I noticed his name on the board

Also, hats off to Josh Papalli. Showed a lot of heart in the early exchanges playing out of position and against some really high quality opposition Props. I’m not sure he’ll work there in the long run for Queensland but good on him for giving it his all tonight and outshining both Wallace and Glasby who play that position week in and week out at NRL level.

That said though, the story of the night for the Queensland forwards is all about Jai Arrow. What a tremendous effort he showed in his first series, also playing largely out of position and against much more highly rated opposition.

The kid looks like he’s been playing at this level all his life and looks every bit as comfortable at Origin level as Ponga has.

With some support from guys Napa on a more consistent basis and guys like Ofahengaue coming through eventually, he can really be one of our forward leaders over the next decade and I’m really genuinely thrilled to see him succeed and I’m excited to see what he can produce as he matures and likely gets even better.

Last edited:
Wallace has saved his Origin career tonight, unfortunately.

Made more than 3 runs. That's good enough for Kevvie.

The only reason I can think that they didn't was the worry of having Latrell up against a known poor defender. Jimmy was pretty poor for the series and was probably an easier defend out of the two.

Gagai was able to cover him pretty well all night so I feel the call was justified in that sense.

The issue was him just not passing. Forget the flick passing some of them were simple catch and passes and he just fucked it completely.

Gagai looked very uncomfortable playing on the left tonight even just running the ball.
He did a good job on Roberts and we won so can’t complain too much.
Play him on the right and he would like a completely different player.

Also, hats off to Josh Papalli. Showed a lot of heart in the early exchanges playing out of position and against some really high quality opposition Props. I’m not sure he’ll work there in the long run for Queensland but good on him for giving it his all tonight and outshining both Wallace and Glasby who play that position week in and week out at NRL level.

That said though, the story of the night for the Queensland forwards is all about Jai Arrow. What a tremendous effort he showed in his first series, also playing largely out of position and against much more highly rated opposition.

The kid looks like he’s been playing at this level all his life and looks every bit as comfortable at Origin level as Ponga has.

With some support from guys like Ofahengaue coming through eventually, he can really be one of our forward leaders over the next decade and I’m really genuinely thrilled to see him succeed and I’m excited to see what he can produce as he matures and likely gets even better.

Papalii will be there indefinitely whilst we have no good props coming through.

Wallace having a blow up about the try on half time, he can stay on the bench when he learns to tackle.

Wallace has saved his Origin career tonight, unfortunately.

Made more than 3 runs. That's good enough for Kevvie.

Corey Jensen from the Cowboys is a better player than Wallace. Mark my words. This guy is being slept on!

No he wasnt haha he was terrible for the first 20 mins on then the next 30 minutes he just did his role, which looked awesome because his first 20 was so shit... in 50 mins he took 2 runs and made 22 tackles. He also did 2 terrible kicks, one on a 3rd tackle that led to us getting pinned on our 20 and them nearly scoring, the next on a 4th tackle when tedesco had it covered with us pressing on their line.
Yet he was vastly more effective than Macca. The fact that he didn't return after being replaced indicates that he will never play Origin again. A solid club player but ineffective at state level.

Yet he was vastly more effective than Macca. The fact that he didn't return after being replaced indicates that he will never play Origin again. A solid club player but ineffective at state level.

I don’t mind Macca starting the game and let Hunt finish off the game.
A bit like K Hunt and Slater back in the day.

In all honesty, QLD selectors needs a massive overhaul than the roaster. Brilliant at their playing career but sadly not so at coaching.

I don’t mind Macca starting the game and let Hunt finish off the game.
A bit like K Hunt and Slater back in the day.
I think Qld will move in a different direction next year regarding the dummy half position. Despite winning a dead rubber, it was an unsuccessful series and a few changes will be made.

I think Qld will move in a different direction next year regarding the dummy half position. Despite winning a dead rubber, it was an unsuccessful series and a few changes will be made.

Like in what direction?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • MrMoore
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • The True King
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.