State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

Yet he was vastly more effective than Macca. The fact that he didn't return after being replaced indicates that he will never play Origin again. A solid club player but ineffective at state level.
More effective? In the time mccullough was on the field the score was 8-0. 12-12 when hunt was on. Hunt made 6 more tackles in 30 more minutes, dce went into his shell alot more, he did 2 TERRIBLE kicks that stuffed us AGAIN early in a tackle count, he had TWO RUNS (wanst he brought in for his dangerous running game out of dummy half?), 0 try assists, 0 line break assists (wasnt he brought in for his attacking prowess?). Where exactly did he improve it?

We won that game in the first 20 minutes. We kept 65% of possession and pinned them in their end. They were gassed at the end of the game and it should have opened up for a dummy half, yet he took 2 runs, no try assists, no linebreak assists and no linebreaks or tries. So where did his attacking master class improve us exactly? His first 20 was terrible, the next 30 he only did his job! That got made to look good due to his shitness the first 20

Yet he was vastly more effective than Macca. The fact that he didn't return after being replaced indicates that he will never play Origin again. A solid club player but ineffective at state level.
And youre using kevin walters substitution choices as vindication for your argument lol.... thatll do me...

What I hate about Hunt is how many times he passes the ball flat footed to someone.

Can’t see macca back for 19. First choice 9 doesn’t play 30 mins. We are shallow in that position and Hunt is one of few options there. All three games we got really loose through the ruck and it ultimately cost us.

I’d like to see a comparison between Hunt and macca for tackles deemed ‘dominant’

What I hate about Hunt is how many times he passes the ball flat footed to someone.
If we are wanting a quick and attacking dummy half to come on after 30 mins then pick a quick and attacking dummy half. Im not a granville fan but id pick him ahead of hunt for that role, segeyaro aswell

McCullough's kick in the first half was pretty good. I thought he was fairly solid. Looks pedestrian compared to Cook unfortunately though.

If only we also had the same depth at hooker as we do in the halves.

Last edited:
The problem is we can’t carry both Morgan and Hunt off the bench next year.
Morgan to replace Chambers in the centres?
Doubt it.
DCE and Munster will be our halves game 1 for sure.

The problem is we can’t carry both Morgan and Hunt off the bench next year.
Morgan to replace Chambers in the centres?
Doubt it.
DCE and Munster will be our halves game 1 for sure.

It's possible Munster will be 1 with Ponga on the bench. DCE/Morgan halves.

Last edited:
The no penalty try was deadset a penalty try based on the interpretation given in Game II.

Maloney moves off his line to interfere with Slater and deny him a clear run at the ball. Tedesco was nowhere near the ball and was no chance of getting to it.

Since Cordner's was a penalty try, so was that one.

Nah.
We need to give Ponga the 1 and leave Munster in the 6.

Munster shouldn't be anywhere near the 6 jersey, to be honest. He just didn't do his job this series. He just doesn't provide enough creativity without the rest of the Storm spine there.

He should be centre.

Who was playing hooker for the majority of the time QLD were camped down in NSW end with nothing to show for it?
Someone used the exact same part of the game to say Hunt turned our attack to shit when he first came on, killing our momentum. Ya can’t pick it.

No he wasnt haha he was terrible for the first 20 mins on then the next 30 minutes he just did his role, which looked awesome because his first 20 was so shit... in 50 mins he took 2 runs and made 22 tackles. He also did 2 terrible kicks, one on a 3rd tackle that led to us getting pinned on our 20 and them nearly scoring, the next on a 4th tackle when tedesco had it covered with us pressing on their line.
In Anasta’s wise words ‘Youre off ya head’.

More effective? In the time mccullough was on the field the score was 8-0. 12-12 when hunt was on. Hunt made 6 more tackles in 30 more minutes, dce went into his shell alot more, he did 2 TERRIBLE kicks that stuffed us AGAIN early in a tackle count, he had TWO RUNS (wanst he brought in for his dangerous running game out of dummy half?), 0 try assists, 0 line break assists (wasnt he brought in for his attacking prowess?). Where exactly did he improve it?

We won that game in the first 20 minutes. We kept 65% of possession and pinned them in their end. They were gassed at the end of the game and it should have opened up for a dummy half, yet he took 2 runs, no try assists, no linebreak assists and no linebreaks or tries. So where did his attacking master class improve us exactly? His first 20 was terrible, the next 30 he only did his job! That got made to look good due to his shitness the first 20
Well ya stats can be shoved up ya ass because they’re wrong, he put Oates through a gap for one until Oates dropped it and put in a ripper long kick that nearly got us a drop out.

Someone used the exact same part of the game to say Hunt turned our attack to shit when he first came on, killing our momentum. Ya can’t pick it.
Against a fresh nsw team we failed to score? But with 50 minutes against an obviously massively fatigued nsw team we scored 1 more try in nearly double the time. Really sparked our attack there then...

I don’t get the Macca vs Hunt camps, both were ok in my books.

Well ya stats can be shoved up ya ass because they’re wrong, he put Oates through a gap for one until Oates dropped it and put in a ripper long kick that nearly got us a drop out.
Haha he did 1 kick onto open grass? Thats a ripper for you? Haha seriously... 1 of his kicks put us under pressure in our 20 metres and they nearly scored, the other killed our momentum when we had them under pressure in their 20... i get people like him due to his time here and he was a loyal player for us but the bloke is getting rave reviews on here simply because it was the first game he didnt shit the bed lol he simply did his job to an adeqaute standard for 30 minutes. For 180 minutes this series he has been attrocious. Surely you cant deny that?

Active Now

• Pablo
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Lozza
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.