State of Origin II - QLD vs NSW

Hands up those around when Joey and Co ran rampant in the 2000’s. It’s their turn, hopefully it lights a fire enough in the younger guys to do something about it

Unfortunately I do. Willie Mason running over Matty Bowen to score is burnt into my brain as a reminder of that period.

I'm hoping we've seen the last of both Wallace and Napa, both offer nothing.

Offa will come back in & I'd like to see Welch get his start, at least he can make some metres post contact.

giphy.gif
Yeah that changes the perception that you are too weak to stick solid. Go with that approach.

Well, Kevvie has a real test of his coaching mettle (similar to what Seibold has). If he can somehow manufacture this squad getting back up off the canvas for Game 3 and beating NSW in Sydney to clinch the series, he might have the makings of a good coach.

Conversely, if we cop a similar flogging in the third game, his position might be at real risk.

Wow, a real 2019 broncos performance! The forwards were all flat-footed and stopped before contact, no player threatened in attack and the halves plans were to have 5 one out hit ups and kick it down the throat of the opposition.

In defence they were just as woeful. No solid contact, so nsw were making post contact metres, landing on their front and getting quick play the balls. Oh and chambers and gagai running backwards to allow addo-carr as much space as he wants.

I dont get walters use of the bench. Why pick mbye? Is it for impact- which i would not define him as? If so wouldnt u bring him on when momentum was against you to try and win it back?

Well that was horrendous. It was like watching the broncos play. Deadset but, that was an old school flogging. It was an embarrassing origin performance.
That has to be the last game Wallace ever gets in a qld jersey, although I am sure I said that after his performance last year. The bloke isn’t an origin player. Offa will slot straight back in for game 3.
Dce and Ponga were both very disappointing for mine tonight. Hopefully Ponga plays like that next week against us, however it’ll probably have an opposite effect and he’ll have a blinder.
I can’t see us getting over nsw is Sydney. I think that’s it for the series, and it’s probably it for Kevvie also.

I'd be tempted to ask Scott for 1 more game instead of Wallarse and give Welch his chance. Offa comes back if available agree Mybe is a waste of a spot and Glasby gets punted..

FMD we need anyone but Wallace. Scott Bolton would do a better job as a 1 off.
Would be great if Cohen Hess found form, he'd be awesome off the bench.

Munster is a bigger myth than seibold

Last edited:

Nah he just wants Milford there.

The halves weren't the problem tonight, if anyone escaped criticism it was them and Hunt.

I just wish the referees were as generous as they were tonight with his grubber. It was the exact same kick, but they decided that since they already evened up the sin bin, they couldn't give Queensland any more calls.

Kind of like how once Queensland got the penalty try, suddenly NSW were getting all the calls again.

Napa, Glasby, Wallace were all dreadful. Friend should be playing 9 in game 3.

Just remembered that Napa had a broken arm or hand or something? That might excuse him a bit. I'd still have him over Wallace for sure.

The ground looks half empty. Origin should always and forever be for qld and nsw only. If nrl wants to promote the game in another state they should use the all stars game or something
Half empty?
I was there amongst 59,720 others, some people had moved to get out of the heavy showers.

It makes total sense what you’re saying. But maybe superfreak wasn’t feeling it tonight and didn’t want to sit through garbage. Doesn’t make him less a fan though. Qld is in a real dark period for all sports, not much to cheer for these days

Except for game 1 a couple weeks back....yeah?

Some of you ***** are so fickle these days. If we win were champions...if we lose we're shit ***** with no hope for the future.

Any given Sunday.......has been never so true than in Rugby League.

Is she world number one yet? And also a special mention to the Brisbane lions who seem to be finally seeing some light at the end of a long tunnel

She is now after winning Birmingham

Active Now

• Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.