McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel and Honnery hand the mic to Gordon Tallis in today's Courier Mail:

Tallis opened the tirade at Tuesday’s Fox League launch:

"
Last year, Seibold didn’t get the full pre-season because him and Wayne (Bennett) swapped so I get all that. But now he’s had the full pre-season so there’s no excuses this year. Absolutely the pressure is on them (to win it this year). The Broncos are a big brand. They’ve got a $30 million facility. They’ve got big crowds. They talk about their rich history, and they win competitions. This year, there’s going to be more of spotlight on Brisbane.”

Next up, Cooper Cronk piled on:

“Anthony Seibold was in a predicament last year with his halves. The biggest challenge for the Broncos in 2020 is to put all that talent, skill and individual ability together and row in the same direction.”

And finally Michael Ennis mocked Siebold's “overcoached statistical rubbish:"

“Anthony is one of the modern coaches in the game, one of the younger ones coming through. He is intelligent and has a lot of information he relies upon. He talks a lot about percentages on ball control and tackle efficiencies, all these sorts of things and that’s great as a coach but in terms of people sitting at home watching the team, they want to see performance and they want elite performance. They demand success. They had some terrific moments last year and they made the finals, but in terms of where they can be with the roster they’ve got, they should be pushing for the top four.”

In reponse, Coach Seibold smacked them down with a series of stinging buzzphrases from the Harvard Team Building for Beginners Guide:

“I’ve put that to bed, we’ve moved on. There’s no doubt last year was a challenging year for everyone at the club. Any time there is that much change in a short period of time … we changed the coach, there was a change of systems, there were a number of changes in our playing group and that creates instability. One thing we are working hard on is building greater connections and building cohesion within our group. The squad is in a really good place at the moment, everyone is working hard, I find peace of mind putting changes in place and implementing a really well-planned pre-season.”

McHunt

And finally Michael Ennis mocked Siebold's “overcoached statistical rubbish:"

“Anthony is one of the modern coaches in the game, one of the younger ones coming through. He is intelligent and has a lot of information he relies upon. He talks a lot about percentages on ball control and tackle efficiencies, all these sorts of things and that’s great as a coach but in terms of people sitting at home watching the team, they want to see performance and they want elite performance. They demand success. They had some terrific moments last year and they made the finals, but in terms of where they can be with the roster they’ve got, they should be pushing for the top four.”

did he actually call it “overcoached statistical rubbish"? Nothing in the quote there actually criticises Seibold’s approach. It’s basically saying “he has such and such an approach. The fans want to see success”.

I think Siebold is far from his last chance since he's on another 2 year contract bloody shut it Tallis.

I feel like it is appropriate at this time to post this:

Capture

did he actually call it “overcoached statistical rubbish"? Nothing in the quote there actually criticises Seibold’s approach. It’s basically saying “he has such and such an approach. The fans want to see success”.
For future reference: it it's in quotes, someone else said it. That's literally. Everything not in quotes is me either paraphrasing or editorialising.

Screenshot 2020 02 25 Legends pile on Seibold No excuses this year

Last edited:
I think its fair to say anything less than a top four position will be a dissappointment. If we can't do that then you have to wonder what will change to win it the year after. With a spine of Turpin, Croft, Milford and Bird/Isaako thats pretty strong start, add to it one of the best packs in the competition and combine it with a fairly strong backline and I can't see why we shouldn't expect it.
Of course it all has to work together, but thats the coach's job.

To be fair I always saw next season as our Premiership window really beginning to open. So many new faces, new combinations and still a comparatively young squad leads me to expect a big improvement but still some inconsistent results. Losing Lodge for a significant period has only made that challenge even harder.

By 2021 we'll ideally have a chunk back in our salary cap from some older guys moving on, and potentially even another quality signing or too to bolster our playing stocks, so we should really be pretty primed to give the title a big crack.

Last edited:
Get back to the Titans..you've got a fair bit more to worry about then us. You now have no ties to the club, nor should you.
I'd be keen for Tallis to come out and let us know the pressure his good mate K.Walters is under, starring at 3yrs defeat on the trot with QLD.

Last edited:
FFS.

Cronk is telling us all to row in the same direction whilst Seibold is telling us to burn the boats.

No wonder 2019 was so bad.

I think Siebold is far from his last chance since he's on another 2 year contract bloody shut it Tallis.

We have a get out clause based on performance. Apparently

Last edited:
And here I was wondering where Tallis had gone, he never fails to deliver dribble, Say Tallis what kind of pressure are the Titans under with a new coach after another dismal wooden spoon season? Perhaps non because you wouldn't know of demanding high standards out of that club.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • achievedrap
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • heartly87
  • lynx000
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wild Horse
  • Allo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Tmac
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
... and 54 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.