NEWS Tallis puts Seibold on final notice

I find it funny that Gordie is copping it when Ennis was the only person to take a swipe at Seibs.

Gordie just gave a canned response and was really just stating the obvious. Big things are always expected of the Broncos and if they're not in the race it's the coach's job.

I find it funny that Gordie is copping it when Ennis was the only person to take a swipe at Seibs.

Gordie just gave a canned response and was really just stating the obvious. Big things are always expected of the Broncos and if they're not in the race it's the coach's job.
He cops it because he's meant to be a Titans ambassador and it would be refreshing to hear him talking about them for once.

It's just because with Tallis its become so tedious and so obviously personally driven.

There are other clubs who have similarly under performed to a level comparable with Brisbane, yet Tallis only ever seems interested in laying in the boot at the Broncos.

Where is the condemnation of Cleary at Penrith, just to name one example?

Last edited:
Do we still have this banner? @Morkel.

@Sirlee oldman wasn't it you that took it to a Broncos vs Titans game?
I found it in the shed at Christmas. Unfortunately some rats passed judgement on Tallis and chewed it up and shat it out.
Sorry.

He cops it because he's meant to be a Titans ambassador and it would be refreshing to hear him talking about them for once.

He is a former captain of the club so naturally journos are going to value his opinion, especially since he's already lived it.

In this case, what he said was reasonable and it was Ennis who was more scathing in his assessment.

He is a former captain of the club so naturally journos are going to value his opinion, especially since he's already lived it.

In this case, what he said was reasonable and it was Ennis who was more scathing in his assessment.
His opinion is valued so highly by journos because it's usually negative.

To be fair I always saw next season as our Premiership window really beginning to open. So many new faces, new combinations and still a comparatively young squad leads me to expect a big improvement but still some inconsistent results. Losing Lodge for a significant period has only made that challenge even harder.

By 2021 we'll ideally have a chunk back in our salary cap from some older guys moving on, and potentially even another quality signing or too to bolster our playing stocks, so we should really be pretty primed to give the title a big crack.

100%. By next year Seibold would have overseen almost every played contract renewal or expiration.The team will be his and they’d have had a few seasons to learn his style and systems. Next year there will be 0 excuses if things don’t work out.

That’s not to say that he is immune of criticism for how this season turns out but by his third year, whatever the team is will be of Seibold’s doing.

His opinion is valued so highly by journos because it's usually negative.

Those are only the stories that get reported on.

I know where fans are coming from, but what he said here wasn't unreasonable.

To be fair I always saw next season as our Premiership window really beginning to open. So many new faces, new combinations and still a comparatively young squad leads me to expect a big improvement but still some inconsistent results. Losing Lodge for a significant period has only made that challenge even harder.

By 2021 we'll ideally have a chunk back in our salary cap from some older guys moving on, and potentially even another quality signing or too to bolster our playing stocks, so we should really be pretty primed to give the title a big crack.

Agree with all of this, but I’d still expect us to be close to or in the top four with this squad, don’t think we’re premiership ready, but hopefully we’re not far off.

I found my old JYY banner the other day. The one we made when he last pulled on the Broncos jersey in that trial game :(

This made me watch a yow yeh highlights video. Totally forgot how good he was. He would have been a great among the wingers, no doubt. He ran smoother than val Holmes but was stronger and more speed. Incredible talent. I day dreamed about a backline k hunt, oates, hodges, Folau, yow yeh.. If only things went right for a few of them...

Yow Yeh iwas perhaps one of my favourite players ever, and I have no doubt would have been one of the greats sans disaster. I'm so glad the club has kept him around, he seems like a really good bloke as well and you can tell he just loves to be around footy and the team. I still get upset thinking about it...life can be a real bitch.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.