Taylor gone to Bunnies

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
spoonbled said:
i would love to see Palmer have a run at 95kg.

It'll be awesome come origin time when Palmer is our 5/8!!!
- he's gonna tear 'em up

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wapau has had his chance in NRL. Back to the Dolphins for a while, bring Taylor back in because frankly he has been killing it. In QCup Wapau sets the world on fire but I haven't seen him do anything in NRL, yet.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Je$ter said:
Wapau has had his chance in NRL. Back to the Dolphins for a while, bring Taylor back in because frankly he has been killing it. In QCup Wapau sets the world on fire but I haven't seen him do anything in NRL, yet.

But why bother with Taylor - why develop him for Souths??, why not bring up McGuire, who has some real potential (and the mongrel that we sorely need) and show him that there are benefits for staying with the team

And I hope you're not suggesting DT plays 5/8 come State of Origin???

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with Je$ter on Wapau. He's had 4 games to get a taste for NRL. He did some good stuff,and some ordinary stuff. I think go back to Q Cup, use what he's learnt and try and go to another level in that comp and be ready for a return to NRL in a month or so when the Origin players are on duty with no bye.

But agree with ddd: unless Taylor is absolutely killing it both in Q Cup games and training, then bring up McGuire who looks the goods for the future. Or as Matt has been saying, Matt Handcock.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
While we send Wapau back, might aswell save money on a cab fare and stick Michaels in with him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
While we send Wapau back, might aswell save money on a cab fare and stick Michaels in with him.

icon_thumbs_u [icon_lol1. Agreed!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree with most here Wapau has been mediocre at best and I think our bench needs a prop with some mongrel on the bench. McGuire looks to be a good prospect and shoudl be groomed for a regular position now..

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
But, c'mon - it cool to cheer out "Hit 'em Wapau!!!" either at home or at the game - maybe if Steve had a nickname or something cool like that he wouldn't be so universally despised

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ddd said:
But, c'mon - it cool to cheer out "Hit 'em Wapau!!!" either at home or at the game - maybe if Steve had a nickname or something cool like that he wouldn't be so universally despised

If he did hit them witha Wapau maybe people wouldn't be calling for his head. Also Michaels has been in shocking form what more can he expect.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Looks like my call for Taylor to be permanent 18th man for the rest of the year are justified after last night, he was there wasn't he !!!

We should invest time in Maguire and Handcock and Wapau for the rest of the year NOT Taylor.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Taylor was ordinary last night, made maybe 2 good runs and put one good hit in. 18th man for the rest of the season is harsh IMO if he is playing well enough to be on the bench. I personally think our best team should be picked, I understand we need to look at using future prospects but they'll get their chance as well. I would like to see more of McGuire though if he's as promising as people say he is.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I watched Wapau in QLD cup today and he was very ordinay certainly not worth a first grade spot. I am keen to see McGuire play more NRL but he is only young and will take time to mature.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Taylor was ordinary last night, made maybe 2 good runs and put one good hit in. 18th man for the rest of the season is harsh IMO if he is playing well enough to be on the bench. I personally think our best team should be picked, I understand we need to look at using future prospects but they'll get their chance as well. I would like to see more of McGuire though if he's as promising as people say he is.

Yeh our best team should be picked. But Taylor is not one of our 17 best players at the moment.

Guess the old bloke wasn't senile afterall hey Scotty [icon_razz1

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Haha he had his moments :P Bennett is an excellent coach, one of the best ever but I couldn't help but disagree with certain things.. surely we all have from time to time? I suppose seeing Taylor's potential early on had me convinced that he was definitely gonna be awesome one day. I can't comment on the whole "attitude problem" thing but after thinkin he was gonna be the best thing since sliced bread I thought he shoulda been given every chance to shine. Obviously there has been problems though or that would have happened.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So just a week or so go he didn't know about the souths deal and hadn't even spoken to them, and yet a week later he's made "the toughest decision of his life", sorted a contract out, and singed.

Sounds fair enough.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
I watched Wapau in QLD cup today and he was very ordinay certainly not worth a first grade spot. I am keen to see McGuire play more NRL but he is only young and will take time to mature.

Agree on both counts Beads, Wapau did nothing for Redcliffe this week. Also while I like McGuire and think he is definitely a future champion prop, I wouldn't like to see him rushed into the big time too soon - bring him along slowly and let him develop properly - tastes of NRL at this stage.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Does anyone know what the go with Sweeney is? I saw him play last week and he was good. At the start of the year he was named on a extended bench ahead of players like McGuire and Wapau but since then Sweeney hasn't really been mentioned. Also if anyone knows, how is Handcock going at redcliffe?

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.